Boxing hate thread 2.0

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Tinytinker, Mar 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Djinnkitty Augur

And who claimed otherwise?

No one cares if two characters are stronger than one. How is one boxed character stronger than one non-boxed character? If you cannot demonstrate a difference between the two, there is no inequality.

And there it is, the reliable fallback of the 'easymode' claim. Next you'll be demanding that corpse-runs be brought back and pining for the days when you had to walk two miles through six feet of snow uphill both ways to and from school.
  2. Djinnkitty Augur

Except you weren't stating an opinion, you were claiming a 2 year lifetime for an MMO was an absolute failure. Nevermind we're talking about a single server rather than a whole MMO, I'm asking for evidence behind that claimed fact. The way you keep trying to redefine terms makes it seem like you're arguing in bad faith.

Because I'm not the one who is trying to infringe upon the way others play, as I've stated multiple times throughout this thread. It's really not that hard to grasp: You're the one making assertions here, not me.
  3. Redik2 Augur

4. Branntick Augur

The inequality is not in the power of the characters, it is the fact that one individual is laying claim to more content than one individual, in my opinion, should.

It is turning an MMORPG into a single player game. It is commonly anti-social in nature, as well.

Corpse runs were actually an integral part of the risk the game had to offer. Eliminating them did make the game significantly easier.

While possibly fitting on the current live servers, having corpse runs in classic EQ is a significant portion of gameplay.
  5. Branntick Augur

It is a failure in my opinion. I am not alone in this opinion. Fippy was/is an I need a hug of a server.

I'm not going to ad "in my opinion" to the end of everything I say just to appease your limited comprehension.

Stop infringing on the way other people play by disallowing speed hacks, warping, and no-clip then. Oh, and ghostkill, that too.

>mrw you bring up the EULA in a discussion about ethics again
  6. Djinnkitty Augur

So it's your opinion that they're not playing the game the way you think they should.

How is this any different than SOE/Daybreak's opinion that players aren't in the 'right' content and nerfing HA's and xp outside of CotF and TDS?

Evidence for these assertions?
  7. Healiez Augur

I bet if you polled everyone who played on fippy the number of people who thought it was a resounding success would far outweigh those who thought is was a failure... Like 49/1 ratio would be my guess.

I will add 6 votes to a rousing success ( I get 6 votes cause I 6 box...) but seriously I loved fippy during the time I spent playing.
  8. Branntick Augur

It isn't any different. That's why we're having a discussion about it.

Do you even play EQ?
  9. Branntick Augur

Poll every person in the game about Fippy like the current TLP poll.

What you're suggesting is akin to polling meth addicts on whether or not meth should be legal.
    Zoggzog likes this.
  10. anathema Augur

We're back to: 'My opinion counts for more than anyone else's so things should be done how I want them to be done.'
  11. Jezzie Augur

I'm not convinced it would be either. I for one rely on boxers for progression mission through end game content. It's my opinion that the hatred stems from hacking and locking down of content for RMT purposes, it has little to do with people who legitimately box within the rules set by EULA.
    If you'd read previous threads about boxing you would have known to expect a cesspool of drama.
    EQ promoted boxing through the RAF program so it's a fair assumption that there will never be a box free server.
    As for the inevitable comparisons to the box free server in existence, I highly doubt they are able to enforce that rule, discussions on other forums show that people box there all the time so I would say that their claim amounts to nothing more than false advertising.
  12. Djinnkitty Augur

You probably should. Because from my view it looks like you're attempting to state a lot of things as objective fact, and suddenly changing it to "It's my opinion" when pressed for evidence. It gives the image that you're being very unclear as to what you're presenting as subjective opinion and what you're presenting as objective fact and 'self-evident' truth.

Until you can post a little more clearly, it might be best to explicitly label what's just your opinion, and what you're trying to claim as objective fact.

Pre-emptively acknowledging the thing which definitively shoots down your analogy doesn't actually stop it from shooting down your analogy, it just saves me a step.

However, I'll go a step further and show why your logic doesn't hold up:

Here you admit that boxing gives no advantage to any PC over another, that your dislike of it stems solely from your perception of the people behind the characters, outside the game.

On the other hand, warping, no-clip, and other hacks do give individual PCs unfair advantages over other individual PCs. There is a demonstrable, objective difference between a boxed character and a character running hacks.

So please, stop trying to use that analogy. It is objectively false.
  13. Redik2 Augur

10/10 Meth should be legal.

Thin out the herd.
  14. Healiez Augur

So poll people who never played on the server on what they thought about the server???? That makes so much sense!!!

Let's poll everyone at Taco Bell and kfc about whether or not the new steakhouse that opened was a success or failure.
  15. Redik2 Augur

So we're not legalizing meth?
  16. Djinnkitty Augur

"Boxing is terrible. For evidence, I present this popular emulated server and a poll within their forums that shows many think boxing is terrible."

"Fippy was an absolute failure. No, you can't use a poll of Fippy players that states otherwise because they're biased!"

Can you understand why people might think you're arguing in bad faith here?
  17. Lighteningrod Augur

Woot! Best part of the thread.
    In my opinion.
    Silv likes this.
  18. Healiez Augur

Well there went my lunchtime entertainment....
  19. syko187 Elder

So many EQ debates could be so easily settled by just enabling PvP. Camps, boxing, differing opinions, killstealing, you name it and PvP solves it.

Besides hacking. Hacking is the suckies.
  20. Djinnkitty Augur

Until any one guild gains dominance, decides it's okay for its own twinked PvP players to killsteal, permacamp, and punish differing opinions with death-by-rogue, and enforces the inequality through sheer weight of numbers and accumulated gear.

Turns out mob rule sucks when you're not part of the mob.
    Irbax_Smoo and Jezzie like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.