Don't Miss ANY of These 16th Anniversary Festivities!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Roshen Brand Manager

[IMG]

March 16th will mark 16 years that Norrathians have been adventuring through the lands of EverQuest. Don’t miss your chance to celebrate EverQuest’s rich history by participating in anniversary events! While we have a full schedule of things for players to do in the coming weeks, check out what we have for you starting on Monday!

Player Designed Missions

If you attended SOE Live in the past, you may be familiar with the Player Designed Missions panel. In these panels, we invited players to sit down with our team of EverQuest game developers, and design real in-game content for all players to enjoy.

On March 16th, 2015 seven of these missions will be going live! These will be available for six weeks, and players have until 11PM Pacific on Monday, April 27, 2015 to participate in any of the following tasks:
    • Belle of the Ball
    • Cleansing the Ground
    • Dead Dragons
    • Korucust's Royal Pain
    • Liquid Courage
    • Pirates of Timorous Deep
    • Pub Crawl
    For details on these tasks, look in your achievements pane under EverQuest -> Special, or speak to the Mechanical Fortune Teller in the Plane of Knowledge for details.

16th Anniversary Stream

In celebration of the 16th Anniversary of EverQuest, we’re inviting players to join us Monday for a stream on twitch.tv/daybreakgames! During this stream, we’ll be playing through some of the Player Designed Missions on the Drinal server, and chatting with players that join us on Twitch. Log in to Twitch chat and talk to us and other players during this celebration!

Giveaways? We have them! Sure, it’s our party, but YOU’RE the one that has the chance of leaving with a gift. This stream will run for one hour, and will start at 2PM Pacific on Monday, March 16.

16 Days of Bonus Experience

[IMG]

The party isn’t over when the stream ends. Starting Monday, March 16, EverQuest players will earn 160% experience for 16 days as we celebrate the 16th Anniversary of EverQuest (see what we did there? J). This bonus experience will end at 11:59PM Pacific on Tuesday, March 31, 2015, but don’t hesitate to log in and take advantage of this promotion!

Don’t miss out on EverQuest’s 16th Anniversary celebration! We’re grateful for every Norrathian’s continued support, and we’ll see you in-game!
  2. Koneko Augur

does that mean + 60% exp then?
  3. Gialana Augur

Yes, it means normal experience plus an additional 60%. So if a kill would normally give 10 experience points, it would give 16 experience points with 160%.
    Roshen likes this.
  4. Roshen Brand Manager

Yes, this is a 60% bonus on top of regular experience for 16 days.
  5. Zizzle New Member

Sooooo.....

How many of these can you do in an hours time???
  6. Roshen Brand Manager

I guess we'll find out Monday :)

See you on Drinal!
  7. Iila Augur

An hour of setting up hotkeys.
    Potawatomi likes this.
  8. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Oh god, they're not monster missions are they?
  9. Riou EQResource

No, I'd be kind of surprised if they beat any in an hour though unless they cheese it with GM Dev powers :p
    Lisandra likes this.
  10. jagarr Augur

Will that 60% XP bonus be active on the new Time-Locked Progression Server that you guys are secretly launching for us next week because you love us and know we want it so very badly...... ? :)
    Thewiz likes this.
  11. glitchen New Member

this is awesome and will be enjoying the 60 percent boost for the entire time...i do have one question that is off topic....i pay my merc 640 plat a hour and as my employee, I should have the ablty to tell hm/her where to stand..seems like a totaly reasonable thing to ask for...even if its a aa ability :)
    Mintalie, Zujilli and Lisandra like this.
  12. Clueless Journeyman

I like the idea of giving the Merc a guard like command the mage pet has.
    Mintalie, Jordis, Nniki and 1 other person like this.
  13. Lisandra Augur

I agree with Riou and doubt they finish any task within an hour unless they use some GM abilities. Especially Chandrok or The Grounds. Last I heard no one has beat the grounds at all so maybe they can run it and see that it needs to be tuned some more before it's released to Live servers.
    Kayarra likes this.
  14. Deillusional Augur

No raid this year?
    Yinnie the Pink likes this.
  15. Veldaria New Member

So if we do a char on Drinal, and we get a prize, does that mean it's only on that server or can it be transferred to our mains on a different server or do we have to watch the stream in order to win a surprise to which we than get to put it on our mains? Sorry, just a bit confused.
  16. Riou EQResource

They will all most likely take place in the Twitch Chat
  17. Veldaria New Member

Thank you! I guess I'll have to download the stream and see what happens :)
  18. Phynster2 Journeyman

I also heard that there is one mission so impossibly hard no one on test has even beaten it yet....
    Lisandra likes this.
  19. Fuzzbuttle Journeyman

Does the bonus xp apply only to all access members?
    my account is silver at the moment due to my monthly vehicle payment lmao... did not budget well this month. just wondering!! tyty!
  20. beyrak Augur

It would have been fantastic to have had the new TLP open for the 16th Anniversary. Guess you guys blew that. So hundreds, possibly thousands of us still waiting for a server to play on.
    Skipper, jagarr, slick and 1 other person like this.