In-Game Progression Server poll (Feb 2015)

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Windstalker, Feb 25, 2015.

1. Peone Lorekeeper

Hell no, no waiting until Fall. Get this thing open!
    Keth, beyrak, Crayon123 and 1 other person like this.
  2. Catashe Augur

No look at it this way... Open it up in the summer then if they do the slower progression server, by the time fall comes around and people come back.. Kunark will be open and the server can handle the flood of people
    Keth likes this.
  3. Thazager Journeyman

This sounds interesting. I do like the idea of more than 1 server, because people are different. Some want PvP, some want only PvE. I have been playing for a long time since Jan 2000, but recently (with other MMOs popping up) I have not always been here.

Starting from the beginning was fun for me, a chance to begin at level 1 with all others being equal to start. The difference now, is that most of us know the different characters and which one to start with. As many of us know the expansions already before they come out and how to defeat some of the encounters, the shortest time frame between releases might work well.

A few Qs I had (as I did not read through all the replies). Will it be the original gear or the new gear - defiant? Do we have a starting date or will lots of work be needed to set it up?
  4. Crayon123 Augur

The hype train is hot right now, they need to push this thing out ASAP.
    beyrak likes this.
  5. Thazager Journeyman

After reading through some of the replies, I see that a slower pace might be better. So that everyone has a chance to catch up with the few who are trying to lead the pack.
  6. beyrak Augur

Hardly anyone wants PvP. A lot of these people can't even handle a little drama between guilds.

It needs to be at Fippy's pace minus the voting periods as this should be a server that has no voting. Fippy has dragged on far too long. It's over four years old.
  7. Zoggzog Elder

That was from my post 2 years ago on this same conversation (which you can see had already been going on for quite a while). I am personally excited that they are finally willing to entertain the idea of a "classic" server, and really hope that actually happens. I also understand that there are a LOT of people who really hope it doesn't happen, which is why I subscribe to the multi-server angle. Ideally, they would have a server for the raiders, a server for the pvp'ers, and a server for the classic enthusiasts. Realistically, I think a server that follows the 2nd option and a server that follows the 3rd option would result in the highest percentage of customer satisfaction for the effort. Cost vs. Return.

The real trouble for classic server begins and ends with, well, where it ends. For some people, Luclin is a dealbreaker, for others it's PoP. Personally, I would be happy with anything that ended in LDoN or earlier, because GoD is my dealbreaker. PoP really messed things up with the teleporters everywhere, but it also added a ton of extended playability (same with LDoN) so while my preference might be Velious, I can live with the rest up to and including LDoN.

The point I'm getting at, is no matter what the decision finally is, it's going to be a compromise, so let's make it as easy as possible for the devs and give our honest, constructive feedback with the understanding that none of us are going to get EXACTLY what we want. The more prepared we are to accept the necessary compromises, the more likely we are to get as close to our goals as possible. Also, arguing with each other and tearing each other's posts apart line-by-line is only serving to strengthen the divide between the different player types. Instead of arguing why something will NOT work, let us all focus on selling our ideas based on the merits of what WILL work.
    Soltara and Rojas like this.
  8. Rojas Journeyman

I for one cannot wait for this Server!! I've already spoken to a good portion of my retired guildies from The Rathe server(El'lar Dobluth), and many will be coming back for this server. I think the slower progression server is an awesome idea, and would benefit from an increased spawn timer so that when LGuk is actually broken into all the camps that it actually is; only having 5-10 mobs wont be so bad. I wouldn't even mind if the server capped at a certain expansion.. As someone who has played in the world for a few years, I feel like Everquest just got too big for some players.. I missed a couple of years during deployments and other Army business, and when I came back I was lost. No matter what the choice is I will be there on launch day as a gold member. Keep up the good work Holly!
    Zoggzog and Soltara like this.
  9. Healiez Augur

I just hope they announce when they are opening it up ahead of time so I can take days off work for the launch!
  10. Weverley Augur

The problem with those that want it to open fast is how this thing going on ok this round of polling gonna finish in a few weeks that makes an announcement in the beginning of april.It was indicated by daybreak that a 2nd round of polling gonna start to narrow where people stand so where does that make a final decision even before they start it.I'm thinking june. Ok let's say the people who wants to go fast win by the time summer went away and people come back to check to see ok whats going on with that progression server the server is already too far and people who want slower progression say its a dealbreaker for us. I won't join the server at this time so an opportunity to have a healthy population on the server disappeared and we get another thread to open another progression server again.
  11. syko187 Elder

Are we the same person? Get out of my head. Do we share the same dream of a world with Planes of Power but no Plane of Knowledge?!
    Zoggzog likes this.
  12. slick New Member

What will work, what many want, and what won't take Devs forever to do is give us a TLP that progresses without voting. Just copy/paste Fippy, institute it to be a non-voting server and let's get it open.
    jagarr likes this.
  13. jagarr Augur

This was my suggestion as well, but frankly I don't think they're ready or else they would've given us a new one years ago. They may be waiting for the 16th anniv. or there might be some other hold-up, because a new one is long overdue.
  14. Weverley Augur

Be careful what you wish lets say no voting but 6 months between xpac would you still be happy.
  15. Weverley Augur

We don't want either 1 guild that beat content so fast and nothing to slow them down every few weeks ok next xpac.
  16. Asskicker666 New Member

I truly wish they would lock the server at PoP but without any PoK! That's what i think really killed the game, made it way too easy to move by and ruined the porting business... And hopefully they bring the real classic EQ back (no vet aa, no defiant, bring older zones that were revamped to their original state, etc.) if that's at all possible. I also like the option to be able to vote to reset the server back to classic after a while. And no voting between the xpacs i like it.. Have the original delay between the xpacs like it was back then maybe? or fixed time like some others suggest
  17. Rojas Journeyman

I like the idea of this server stopping at PoP or LoY.. As far as old zone files its very possible with a little work from the DEVs... PoK is going to be required for POP.. One thing that would be possible would be removing the PoK books completely, making them only work one way(i.e. They work to port down but you cant use them to get back to PoK), or my favorite option writing some sort of lore that talks about how they once functioned but the god's rebelled and stole the power back that made them work(You get the idea).

Many options!!
    Zoggzog likes this.
  18. Trosh Augur

This. There are a lot of people interested, and a lot of people have flocked back to the forums and game because of it.
    Launch server ASAP or people will move off to other things.
    Crayon123 likes this.
  19. Trosh Augur

99% of people who play EQ prefer PVE. Possibly 98%. No sense in making a PVP server.

2 servers is a good idea, however. One normal progression then a ladder-style launched several months later would keep the community fresh, people interested (and paying), and will allows several months to pass so people who don't get in on the first launch can still get a fresh start once they realize it's happening.
  20. Sheaffer Augur

How would you get to pok without the books taking you both ways?
    And why would you want to? Terrible idea.