In-Game Progression Server poll (Feb 2015)

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Windstalker, Feb 25, 2015.

1. Sheaffer Augur

This sure would make it hard to travel to different zones..especially, you know, all the zones in the planes of power expansion

A1
  2. Rojas Journeyman

Port spells.. Bazaar Zone Connect.. Talking to an actual person. Plenty of ways to get there.. Doesn't really matter to me, but there is a lot of PoK hate out there because of those books. <Shrug>
    Zoggzog likes this.
  3. jagarr Augur

the forums were even hotter a week ago. they've already died down quite a bit as people settle in for the wait. they already missed the peak of the hype :(

the player base will be here. we're going to re-roll no matter what we get and when. i'm more worried about the studio/IP still being around six months from now if they don't get a little bump off of this new server.
    Rojas likes this.
  4. Catashe Augur

now see I'd would have done it backwards.. You can port to PoK but not out of it. That was if you want to get to PoK from anywhere you can but if you want to leave PoK you need to get a port. And the only portal that works both ways in the Tranquility stone/book
  5. Trosh Augur

I'd love for there to be a baz at server launch, instead of spamming in EC or Gfay. Other than that I would think seeing everything from quests to tradeskills being era-locked is ideal. PoK isn't so bad once you hit PoP, but I hope that it is closed and plops people into the middle of OOT if they try to get inside it before PoP launches.
  6. jagarr Augur

wrong post mate ;)
  7. Zoggzog Elder

IF they were going to mess around with the PoK mechanics at all (which I highly doubt), the simplest thing for them would be to disable the books leading into PoK, because that is a simple flag they can turn on and off. They've done that in the past, so we know it's possible. The only way to PoK would be port spells and possibly the bazaar. The stones leading out of PoK would still work, so people could still ride a spire to Luclin, run to the bazaar, enter PoK, and then take a stone to their destination city, but it would still be more efficient (not to mention a LOT quicker) to just pay a mage or druid to port them wherever.

That being said, I am fairly (99.99%) certain that should they launch PoP, it will be with everything intact.
  8. Trosh Augur

Omg poor mele +/or ppl w/o gate.
  9. Skipper Augur

These comments get sillier and sillier. The one thing you can always count on in a TLP is PoP passing as EVERYONE by then is ready for PoK.
    gander, slick, Indigo and 1 other person like this.
  10. syko187 Elder

If anything PoK books is one of the main reasons anybody would consider not passing it. It's the only negative part of PoP.
    Anglesy, Rojas and Zoggzog like this.
  11. jagarr Augur

noooo! i enjoyed baz afk trading as much as the next guy, but there is a ton of plat to be made in EC tunnel if you're dedicated. you can throw a movie on and pour yourself a glass of your favorite and hop in voicechat and just hang out. some of my most fun times were spent trading in EC tunnel, casually making plat talking to my friends without worrying about grinding and getting trained or stressing out at some hotly contested camp managing a wait list.

one weekend in particular i remember, i was kinda burned out. i had been playing a lot and needed a break from the grind. i logged in and started flipping adamantite epaulets in the tunnel and playing trivia and messing around, pulling giants to the entrance and killing them and letting newbies loot em. gradually worked my way up to some decent sets of gear for my alts throughout the day. it was relaxing and fun and kinda saved the experience for me.
    Zoggzog and Rojas like this.
  12. Redik2 Augur

Best thing about bazaar when it first came out was levitating traders, slowly pushing them into arena, then killing them.

I think I managed to kill half the bazaar on Drinal one afternoon. Then they made it so getting under someone when they were levitating didn't move them anymore. :(

Sad times.
    Sheex and jagarr like this.
  13. Diptera Augur

Old World spires to get to Nexus, then have a functioning book between Nexus and PoK. (I wouldn't advocate it personally, but it would be possible...)
    Yinla likes this.
  14. Rojas Journeyman

Yeah East Commons Tunnel > Bazzar all day long... Actually dealing with real people made trading interesting. Plus you could do a lot more haggling.
    Zoggzog and Yinla like this.
  15. globeadue Lorekeeper

I really dislike the options. None of which I would want to sub to play on. Speaking of which, subing to play on progression is kind of lame, maybe it's keeping the population low and the subs like that, I dunno, but i have interest to play on progression but little interest to sub, mainly because I multibox, and I have done my years of paying for multiple accounts at once, I'm over it, there are plenty of games i can multibox for free and enjoy and have fun doing so.

One thing that would rather novel would be a perma death, but let you keep your character.
    You have a system in place that takes away exp on death... make it take it all, with no restoration options.
    Since there are spells that kill, perhaps checkpoints, say 45 70 85 100, so you die at lvl 48 you loose level to 45, you die at 84, you loose level to 70.
  16. jagarr Augur

hooo boy, prepare thy anoose. those are some real...... provocative suggestions.
  17. Asskicker666 New Member

nah i'd remove pok/gl/gh.. make a port to PoT directly instead to pok. That would be the best compromise i think
  18. Peone Lorekeeper

No compromise is needed. This isn't even an option to consider. We have been asking for a TLP for years. Now some of you are asking for 'stupid'. No thanks to stupid.
    gander, slick, Indigo and 1 other person like this.
  19. Thazager Journeyman

Lots of ideas out there for changing different parts of the way things were. I wonder if they will have votes on different changes we like, or just set the game the way it currently is, but with expansions locked. One thing for sure, is that it wont go back to the old UI having a book that keeps spell users from seeing the action.
  20. beyrak Augur

I like PoK. You guys aren't even thinking. Where are you going to turn in your parchments/buy spells for PoP? You expect the devs to totally make a new crew of vendors and spell merchants? PoK is more than just stones, stones that most of us like. Just hush.

PoP is the best expansion this game ever had created. When you get to PoP, the game has evolved from it's classic beginning. It will be time to get on board or get left behind once again. So get with the program or get off.
    slick and Indigo like this.