Next Expansion

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Justbornbetter, Mar 10, 2015.

1. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

No thanks there has been far better expansions than Kunark.

Recycled content gets old quicker than brand spanking new zones. I'd love to see some of the gods we haven't seen yet and visit our other moon Drinal!

No level increase! ........ever!
  2. Leex Pewpewer

How long do you think someone will stay logged in while waiting for a group? An hour? Two maybe?

You're going back in time and looking at an expansion and saying, oh that did very well, why can't we have this!? To answer your question, it's because the population isn't what it was when mercs didn't exist and which is the reason they do now, lack of population.

I think mercs are terrible, but they are handy to have if you've only got a choice between them and LFG list in hall.

I think using older expansions are a starting place is a good idea, but we have to modify the content to us now, not back then.

Also, you can recognize a good tank and healer, it's not just DPS. DPS is just easier to measure because more people use parse now then before, but that doesn't mean you can't parse out heals, you'll have to use cast count along with their role to really understand if they are keeping up or not, but it's doable. Also healer mercs are annoying as hell, they run close to the mobs like, " Look at me! Hit me! I'm right here!".

Tanks are even easier, they are either up or not. Mercs never hurt tanks because the tank merc is the worst. I seriously don't know anyone who would choose a merc tank over a real one, even if the real one sucked, they would still be better than the merc.

I think you're hating on mercs more than you should, they are just a tool to use when you can't get anyone else.
  3. Weverley Augur

From what i recall when mercenary were introduced in SoD it was because of the difficulty to find cleric who weren't taking whole group hostage.There was still good cleric but there was more and more cleric who would go on break pretty often so group had to wait for them to come back.So cleric did get bad publicity and there was many people asking for a solution to that problem. I could be wrong but its's the impression that i got at that time.
  4. Moklianne Augur

Next expansion, they will implement CSR tokens, allowing you to get ingame support. Soon to be purchasable in the marketplace. Deleted character restores are still off limits. You still need to re-roll a new character if you wish to play Daybreak's legacy game called EQ (or EQ2)
  5. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Wow. If you think good tanks, healing, pulling and dps aren't desired over mercs, I shudder to think of who you must be grouping with.

Pet cheesing aside, a good tank is probably the most valuable toon in the game right now. And healer/dps mercs do a bare fraction of what even the laziest player is capable of. So yeah, no....
    Melanippe, Lisandra and Sancus like this.
  6. Goth Augur

yea this would be the last expansion. why would anyone think this would be a good thing for the game?

mercs where added to address critical issues.. i just think it would be very very bad to go back to the way it was. i dont think the people left playing the game would tolerate sitting LFG again or waiting for that healer or tank (although tank mercs suck anyway and dont usually work in current content)
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  7. Cicelee Augur

OP
    Number of posts: 2 (both within this thread)

You had me at Hello!
    Lisandra, Axxius, Ratbo Peep and 2 others like this.
  8. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

But sir, mercs didn't exist in LDON. If they remain your perfect expansion dream of GribbleDoN can't be realized :(
    Lisandra likes this.
  9. Goth Augur

game had way more players then too. more healers and such as well.

game never going to have a nice expansion again so doesn't really matter. we are all pissing in the wind hoping for something nice and epic.

i think it really doesn't matter. without people playing the game will not feel alive.. if the game is not alive the game will not be any where near as good as it once was..
  10. Garshok Augur

Next expansion - Perma-death!

;)
    Moklianne likes this.
  11. Weverley Augur

Let me share an experience i got while grouping in blackfeather roost before merc were introduced. At that time many people were thinking ok gonna work on aa when im max level. So Full group on 1 of the ledge. Sk level 68 0aa. We had a monk pulling with 300aa. Guess what happen when mobs were almost dead monk go to get next mob sk couldnt keep aggro mob almost dead follow monk that was like that entire time we group.We had to tell sk to leave group because couldnt keep aggro over any of us. Thank god we were close to a nest we had to hurry to change ledge a few times because sk couldnt keep aggro.When you get experience like this tank merc looks wonderful.
    Yinla likes this.
  12. Fendy Augur

We can never go home again
    JupiterKnight, Lisandra and Iila like this.
  13. strongbus Augur

to those saying now new levels. NO NO NO NO. exp with no level increase suck. I want there to be an extra 5 - 10 levels in the next exp. make them hard to get I don't care. But a new exp should never be without a level increase most of the exp in the the game that failed the hardest where one with no level increase.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  14. McDougal Augur

:) Nope sadly. I don't know what the solution is but lvl 105 was a disaster IMO. Not all of us play that way anymore. Hence no reason to buy TDS. I still have fun though , new spells and AA's are always worth it.
  15. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

"Mistresses of Mistmoore"

At the behest of Innoruuk, revisiting through Mayong's formerly private portal system the boudoir's (zones) of all his mistresses. to collect (X) to limit his power.

Solteris, Dreadspire Keep, Tower of Frozen Shadow, Castle Mistmoore...
    Lisandra likes this.
  16. Iila Augur

CotF had no level increase and was bad. TDS had a level increase and was terrible.

Maybe there's a deeper issue than level increase or no.
    Ratbo Peep, Mesc, Sancus and 2 others like this.
  17. Risiko Augur

I want more levels, but what I could live with out is more HAs. I seriously hate these instances. Just give me fun interior zones that make me want to explore them and kill mobs because it's fun. Don't have me run errands in an instance to get experience and points at the end.

None outdoor zones.
    Mobs that have a chance to drop stuff that's worth putting on.
    And good experience per kill.

That's all I ask for.
  18. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I agree 5 level increase each expansion.
  19. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Sorry I disagree with this, especially with how few zones we get these days. Every other expansion is fine, but only if they promise to NEVER repeat the exp nerfs we saw at the launch of TDS
    Lisandra likes this.
  20. Triconix Augur

Not true at all. Kunark through Luclin kept people as level 60. Velious are arguably the most popular/most liked expansion in the history of the game. Level 65 we saw PoP-GoD. I personally loved GoD (although it was tuned around level 70). Level 70 was OOW-PoR. PoR was probably the weakest expansion, but DoN and DoDh had two of the best end experiences ever. I enjoyed all the level 70 content. Were the perfect? No, but what is?
    Deloehne and Yinla like this.