Classic (Not Progression) Server Rule Set; For the Fans!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by The Badger Lord, Feb 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hendar Augur

Feel free to suggest something. You should expect that we will try to uncover any weaknesses in it.
    Nothing personal.

The devs have said in the past that class balance issues cannot be addressed on progression without affecting Live. This pains me, but I have to accept it as true. The only thing I can guess is that they use the same executable for all servers. I've suggested branching their code (make a copy for progression and throw it away later if you need). But assuming they don't, then tweaks and balance issues are off the table.

The only possible exception is spells. That may be asking too much.

Now it is also possible that one of the devs will weigh in and say that things have changed and tweaks are indeed possible. I'd be surprised if they do,but not saying they won't.
  2. The Badger Lord Augur

No Hendar, I asked you to suggest something, not to critique a suggestion. Far too many critiques going down and not enough creative thought on these forums.

COME ON PEOPLE! LET'S GET A TIMELINE RELEASE WE WANT! ClassicARK! Or Classic on a short timeline with kunark and velious on a long one.

Let's rally for other changes! On class forums everyone is talking about what classes they are going to play on TLP, and sadly there just isn't much mention of rogues, rangers, even wizards, etc. Theres a reason for that

LET'S DO THIS MUAHAHAHAH!
  3. Peone Lorekeeper

This thread is over a year old. This forum is years old. You really expect any new ideas? Why not a dev read the existing ones and do something and not just take a another month long poll.
  4. Annabellez New Member

I support this idea
  5. Tinytinker Augur

I'm against adjusting class imbalances. Part of the fun for me is playing a class that is more challenging than others. It makes hearing, "Wow, you play a really good ranger," that much more rewarding or makes the game feel that much more epic when I group with someone who plays one of these harder to play classes.
  6. Hendar Augur

I don't think you'll find a shortage of suggestions from me. People have been annoyed that I've repeated them, despite posts that suggest they weren't seen.

The critique in this case is very important. When the devs have said something is off the table, I think it worth mentioning. Especially when people continue to suggest it. The word doesn't always get out, and I feel that people generally don't want to waste time writing up a proposal that will be summarily rejected. (No matter how good it is)

Frenzic has summarized a lot of good ideas. I'll refer anyone interested to his summary posts.
    Frenzic likes this.
  7. SOE-MOD-04 Augur

Locking this thread to prevent new discussion on an older topic. If you wish to further discuss this, please create a new thread, as developers will likely dig through newer, organized threads.

Thanks.

~04
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.