Is Fippy dead?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by futonn, Jan 22, 2015.

1. futonn New Member

I paid premium subscription a couple months prior to holidays last year just to log on and check the activity on Fippy server. I saw hardly a soul online. Has it gone live or just died out?
  2. Thewiz Augur

Both Fippy and Vulak are sparsely populated.
  3. Oldschool Elder

Dude, Fippy has probably died over a million times since launch in 1999. Hehehe. Just teasing/ :);):p Seriously though, I have a cleric on there (don't play her much anymore) but whenever I log on, there is usually a group to be found. Enjoy and have fun.
  4. Thanarin Journeyman

It's slow right now as I think lots of people are waiting on House of Thule. I'd expect population to pick up significantly in February. I know I haven't been logging on much at all outside of raids and that seems to be true for a lot of people.
  5. oisjafoij Augur

Both progression servers are dead. Neither has the population influx to make up for the players who quit or leave. The populations on both are dwindling slowly over time. There are no players outside multiboxers for the most parts still active on either server until a new expansion launches.

There are a long list of reasons why this could be, the main one is the invisibility to anyone starting EQ on a FTP basis, you wont find the progression servers listed so nobody is going to start there with the intention of paying to play on a progression server if they enjoy it.
    jeskola likes this.
  6. Heartland Augur

All of this doesn't matter one bit to those of us logging on every day enjoying EQ. We log on, we have fun. SOE makes money off of every one of our accounts.

It's about enjoying EQ in whatever way works for the person paying for the account. Period.
    And again, none of this is relevant. What a group of people choose to do in EQ together has nothing to do with what someone else chooses to do, when they aren't impacting your EQ play.

We pay SOE to play EQ. SOE provides many servers to choose from. We happen to like Fippy. It's clearly a win for them and a win for us. You too can play on Fippy if you choose. Or if you don't, you can play on Vulak which is, as I understand, about to kill Queen Malarian for their weekly progression kill.

So you have the choice of playing on a progressing server (or no progression if you insist on ignoring everything documented to show what those on the server have done in the last year), a faster progressing server, a live server, a PvP server, etc.
    Bottom line is there's no need to complain about a server because the population doesn't play EQ the way you want them to. You can play EQ the way you want, and our group can play the way we want.

And we all pay SOE, or choose to leave the game and not pay SOE if we don't like what they offer. Everyone gets their own 'vote' by supporting the business with their money, or not supporting it by playing elsewhere. Sounds pretty fair market to me. The free market has a great way of cutting through the nonsense and getting to what is really working.

Today's population base is higher than a year ago and even moreso than six months ago.
    If this argument didn't work then, it certainly doesn't work now. So maybe it's time to give up this same argument and move on.
    Hawklight Yandli likes this.
  7. obviouso New Member

I killed him the other day, dropped a rusty weapon and a few copper.
  8. jeskola pheerie

EOE beat UF so fippy is progressing, according to website updates. Both servers are pretty much a playground for 1 guild each, but they seem happy so let that play out!
  9. Kukgrol Elder

That's just not true at all on Vulak. As someone who plays here nearly daily, and a guild leader that logs join date, I can verify we've had 39 people join since Nov 1st, so just shy of 3 months. We have not had 39 people stop playing in that time.

You can see the growth in the daily /gu activity and the numbers on raids. They don't all box, but yeah most do.

You don't see it in progression raid kills yet much because most are still levelling, filling out gear, doing group / individual progression, etc. Plus we are not a hard core raiding guild, and won't be, ever. We raid casual style

You also see it in the increase in bazaar activity. Last summer there was mostly 0-2 merchants. Now there is usually 4-8 merchants at any time.

Not staggering numbers compared to live, sure. But the point is Vulak DOES have an influx of players more than making up for those that quit or leave. And it's growing.

I really had nothing to say about this thread until someone made reference to our server and misrepresented what is going on here. Sorry to the OP since you asked about Fippy, but someone made reference to Vulak in reply and linked it to the state of Fippy.
  10. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Kuk's random fuzzy math derailment aside:

Fippy players, please educate the rest of us on:

-# of Guilds raiding anything on the server currently
    -How far they've progressed in the last few years (brief or recent history)
    -Their relative raid #'s and participation
    -Number of bots being used to help fill any gaps
    -How close they are to completing their current expansion focus (whichever that may be, not necessarily the most current)
    -Their raiding frequency

This information would be useful for an outsider to assess the relative health of the server. Thanks~
  11. Nolrog Augur

Citizen is also active on Fippy. It's not just a 1 guild playground. However, the original point is valid, the server is very sparsely populated at this point in time (Vulak has been sparsely populated for a long time, which is why I moved over to Fippy about a year and a half ago.)
  12. Kukgrol Elder

That's too bad, then you haven't seen the changes and growth that have taken place in the last year and a half here on Vulak. The OP hadn't mentioned Vulak, but since others had brought it up, I guess it's appropriate for someone active there to respond.
  13. Kukgrol Elder

Sheex what part of a specific number is random fuzzy math ? I don't think its possible to be much more specific in context of what was posted previously.

Also, what derailment are you referring to, when my post is in response to a specific post initiated by someone else above ? I guess if you're looking to indicate a derailment of the thread you could start with

since the OP specifically asked about Fippy, and this post makes an inaccurate reference to a different server that wasn't asked about.
  14. Machen New Member

2 active raid guilds on Fippy
    Both have beaten all previous expansions in era.
    EoE has beaten Underfoot, and Citizen beat Brell tonight and just started Convorteum--first 2 events down.
    Not sure on EOE's #'s, Citizen had 52 mains on raid tonight. We were running closer to 35-40 earlier in the expansion but have picked up quite a few new players in the last month.
    We raid 4 days a week typically.
    Sheex likes this.
  15. badname235 New Member

Both guilds on fippy that are raiding currently, EoE and Citizen, have had a good amount of new players join recently. EoE has a few more boxes because the expansion was beat so long ago for them. Citizen should beat the expansion or get close to it by the vote date and will have more mains playing up to that point because of the content is "newer". Don't know what that oisjafoij fellow was talking about as fippy is as healthy as it has been in quite some time and guilds are progressing through content as intended. Both guilds also raid a more casual 3-4 days per week and welcome casual players with open arms unlike some of the threads here would make you disbelieve.
  16. badname235 New Member

i joined your general chat to get an idea of what you were saying and well, from what i can tell you are lying to us about the activity. This was over a 2 hour period, considering you use general chat numbers as an idicator of server health i figured we should see if its not just a bunch of alts puffing up numbers not talking. This is what factual evidence I found.

Fippy = 23 lines of GC

[Fri Jan 23 22:18:18 2015] Coereced tells general:1, 'does anybody do the lower level stuff anymore like unrest or MM or crushbone'
    [Fri Jan 23 22:19:52 2015] Figslee tells general:1, 'We just did those the other day!'
    [Fri Jan 23 22:20:16 2015] Coereced tells general:1, 'lol figures:p'
    [Fri Jan 23 22:20:31 2015] Figslee tells general:1, 'just came back after 10 years, so.. you know, had to visit those zones =P'
    [Fri Jan 23 22:20:39 2015] Sticker tells general:1, 'you level too fast to worry about old zones'
    [Fri Jan 23 22:20:56 2015] Coereced tells general:1, 'yeah but i like the old zones they were so much fun'
    [Fri Jan 23 22:21:42 2015] Sticker tells general:1, 'so grab a tank merc and do them'
    [Fri Jan 23 22:22:00 2015] Coereced tells general:1, 'not what i asked lol'
    [Fri Jan 23 22:22:44 2015] Coereced tells general:1, 'actually first time on progression server didnt know they had mercs up yet'
    [Fri Jan 23 22:23:39 2015] Sticker tells general:1, 'most toons I stick to the fastest exp - tutorial ? CR > Blightfire > GD > Burning Woods'
    [Fri Jan 23 22:24:17 2015] Figslee tells general:1, 'well these days, maybe yeah'
    [Fri Jan 23 22:24:38 2015] Figslee tells general:1, 'Honestly though, if you're looking for people to run lowbie zones with, probably better off on a server with more population'
    [Fri Jan 23 22:24:49 2015] Coereced tells general:1, 'so this server will become eventually another normal server:('
    [Fri Jan 23 22:24:58 2015] Sticker tells general:1, 'in another 2 years'
    [Fri Jan 23 22:25:08 2015] Coereced tells general:1, 'damn'
    [Fri Jan 23 22:25:28 2015] Sticker tells general:1, 'assuming people vote for new expansions being opened'
    [Fri Jan 23 22:25:53 2015] Figslee tells general:1, 'No voting until I get to 85 plz k tks'
    [Fri Jan 23 23:01:40 2015] Wildybus tells general:1, 'wtb raw faycite crystal/minotaur meat/chronal resonance dust'
    [Fri Jan 23 23:43:44 2015] Hawklight tells general:1, 'greetings'
    [Fri Jan 23 23:44:41 2015] Figslee tells general:1, 'Good day'
    [Fri Jan 23 23:45:14 2015] Hawklight tells general:1, 'anyone need DPS?'
    [Fri Jan 23 23:54:25 2015] Hawklight tells general:1, 'hiya'
    [Sat Jan 24 00:00:15 2015] Hawklight tells general:1, 'mnk lfg'

Vulak during same time period = 2 lines of GC

[Fri Jan 23 22:36:36 2015] Vulak.Cheapgear tells Vulak.General:2, 'trader up, gear and augs for sale'
    [Fri Jan 23 23:25:11 2015] Vulak.Luscian tells Vulak.General:2, '50 pally lfg'

I'm no mathematicatician but that seems like a exponential increase in server activity from one to the other, so from this I must deduct that Fippy is over 1000% more active than Vulak.
  17. Morthakia Augur

We were at the tail end of a raid when your log was taken. If you had been in the raid or the guild you'd have seen a heck of a lot more than 23 lines of general chat. Furthermore, an individually selected 2 hour window of general chat is hardly a decent metric of server population. Based on your comment at the end of your post, I'm guessing you acknowledge this. On Vulak we have an active guild chat each evening, whether it be about EQ, blizzards, football, or what have you.

And to the question about raid numbers, we had 49 folks on Saturday and we hit the 54 cap on Friday. Yes, that includes bots, but we aren't exactly struggling with numbers. Three new people (mains) dinged 80 since the Saturday raid so I suspect numbers will continue to pick up.

Honestly, Kuk isn't living in a "make believe" world. Right now, chatting, we have seven players all of whom joined in the month of January. It is 1:15am EST. Admittedly most of the people online are on central, mountain, or pacific time!

Taliche | Morthakia | Aurmoon | Atharian
  18. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Thank you. That sounds like a reasonably stable raid population with actual raid level progression happening.

Now if someone from Vulak would care to answer in the other thread, we'd be in business to discuss the common definition of raid progression and where it's happening on TLP servers.
  19. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Just about every number you cite is concrete, but then the numbers are not meaningful in the first place (# of people in gen chat, traders in baz or people who've joined your guild that only you can verify), then you use it to extrapolate ridiculous "proof" of all sorts of things about how healthily the server is growing, this 39 new people in 3 months is just the latest example. It's called embellishment and it's for effect. Sometimes I wonder if you actually believe some of the things you post or your mission of presenting your one side of the entire Vulak server takes precedence over honesty.

As to off topic, that post was and wasn't, he made a generalization about both servers. Then you did what you do and it took off from there. Still waiting for answers to the same set of questions over on the Vulak thread that you've been purposefully ignoring for days.
  20. Kukgrol Elder