8 Ways to Look Like a New You!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Jan 13, 2015.

1. Abazzagorath Augur

Hasn't all the other non-craftable armor sets eventually been put on the marketplace? So, shouldn't you expect the arx mentis stuff to eventually be on there too for anyone?
  2. Kongfoo Elder

Kapola Leaves drop about half of the time and not all of the ornaments even require them. I don't see why you would buy a Draught of the Craftsman for crafting these. I didn't fail any combines for my leather set and if I did, it wouldn't be hard to go back and get the supplies I lost.
  3. Preshus New Member

I would like my Drakkin to look like the cultural Drakkin she chose to be, not automatically defaulting on everyone else's screen to a red Drakkin. That would make me a lot happier than new armor sets that depend on ridiculous quests to achieve.
  4. Aghinem Augur

The quest to get the item "Convoluted Assistant Appearance Augmentater" was a real PITA. The name of the quest is called A Poem for Arwik, but before you can ever do this quest - you have to do a prequest called Aenia and Behroe in South Qeynos. It sounds easy enough, but you have to have at least an indifferent faction with the League of Antonican Bards; not to mention - the quest mob Behroe Dlexon shares the same spawn location as Anehan Treol, in which Anehan Treol is there ALL the time and Behroe very seldom spawns at all. After a year of visiting Qeynos in hoping to find Behroe, I finally saw him and was able to complete the quest. The quest itself isn't hard, its just waiting for a rare spawn to appear that made it suck.

Great to have that augmentater now; with it, you can change the mobs appearance in the guild hall from race, gender, clothing, etc etc. Really fun if you are into that type of thing.
    Lisandra likes this.
  5. Issk Journeyman

The cost on the test server.
    Lisandra likes this.
  6. sojuu Augur

Whats the head ornamentation for this? I really like it
    Lisandra likes this.
  7. Sostenes Augur

8. Muuadib Journeyman

So after reading all of these post's this is what I'm taking away from them.

1. The only peeps able to get Arx Mentis ornaments currently and perhaps for some time will be raiders.
    That is fine by me. As another post mentioned like previous raid only gear, it will very likely if history repeats, be available another way (MP) before to long. Hopefully before those who feel that there character can't go on without it, /q EQ.

2. The Thaew Ew gear is questable.
    That is fine by me. I can quest it and If tradable, it will be in the baz soon enough.

3. I feel as if I am missing something though. All of this disdain and outright ridicule over 1 (ONE) set of ornament's? A set of ornaments that are offered as an alternate raid currency purchase? Should people who spend a lot more time in EQ not have something that looks unique even if only for a short time before others who don't raid (like me) can obtain it?

And lastly I'm very, very happy to see this many post's from other peeps who care about EQ as much as I do. If you didn't care you wouldn't post.

LONG LIVE EVERQUEST!!!
  9. Roshen Brand Manager

Hey all,

Thanks for your feedback on the Arx Mentis Ornaments. We do want these to be exclusive and a neat bonus for raiders, but we don't want them to be so rare that you never see anyone wearing them.

The price on the Arx Mentis Ornament pieces are being adjusted on Researcher Orbiana. We're bringing Arx Energy Crystals prices down on these cosmetic items, and scaling them a bit. For example boots will be cheaper than a chest or robe.

We're also adding these to Arx Mentis raid chests. : )
    Ankarv, Romance, Lisandra and 4 others like this.
  10. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

That sounds....reasonable. Are you talking about EQ1 and listening to actual player feedback? What sorcery is this....:)
    Lisandra and Issk like this.
  11. Ratbo Peep Augur

That's actually a good effort. :)
    Now all the raiders need to do is make the raid chest drops of that stuff go via /random 1000 and there's no DKP issues at least involved.
    -R
  12. fortuneteller Augur

I hope they will NOT take a normal loot item place, also not a spell item. instead.

Also you really should take a loot at TDS loot and make those give NORMAL amount of items from earlier expansions.

Instead of random amount of spells, amount of random armor, random amount of other items.

ALSO imo, remove them from vendor completely.
  13. Azrael Elder

The new ornaments are pretty cool, glad the arx ones are being changed. However, for the lizard cloth robe, the huge shoulderpad on the offhand pretty much cuts into every single shield (at least on DE, and iksar to an extent)

Kind of annoying, went through a bunch of shield ornaments, very few don't cut into the shoulder. The easiest fix, imo, would be to just swap the heavy shoulderpad from the offhand to the mainhand on the model itself... seems like it would be less work than adjusting all the shield graphics.

Here's a link to what it looks like. Note that this ornament is one of the ones that cut into the shoulder the least, and it's still way in there.

http://imgur.com/a/6fE7Q

As you can see if the robe model was mirrored so the shoulderpad was on the primary, wouldn't have any graphic issues, and it wouldn't really change the look of the robe.

Thanks!
    Muuadib likes this.
  14. Narcissistic New Member

15. SaderakhBertox Augur

Thanks Roshen for the update. In X months, consider adding them to corpses in raids too. Also, everyone wants to look like Tita's Ghost, hook us up with badarse H2H ornaments. Can the system do particle effects for weapons that crawl up the forearms? ;)
  16. SaderakhBertox Augur

I disagree. Raiders used to get unique looking armor from raids. Since all armor is now generic looking, having raid only hero's forge is the only way to try to restore what once was... a time before dyes and new character models.

Everyone knew what my cleric had done seeing it in a full set of purple armor, and later a beautiful blue from Skyshrine.
    Muuadib, Sancus, Sheex and 1 other person like this.
  17. Sostenes Augur

Ok, why not an exclusive and neat bonus for players that do tradeskills, like a chef hat ornament for players who reach Baking (300) o_O
    Muuadib likes this.
  18. SaderakhBertox Augur

I was kind of expecting dinosaur head hats... several types of dinos in this expac hehe

Edit: couldn't be less immersive than a troll shadowknight with rabbit ears! Love that combo btw.
  19. Lons New Member

Everything has a set yield based off the type e.g. 1-2 Visible, 1-3 normal, 0-1 chase, 1-3 spells, 0-2 ornamentation, 2-3 trade skill/fodder (this is a basic loot table, obviously some vary. For instance Arx1 raid has a TS aug 0-1 also on it). In this case, by adding it to the loot table it will likely fill in the ornamental slot or maybe have a slot of it's own. The differences in the loot table specifics might vary from raid to raid. Not sure what "normal" amounts equate for you, but from what I've seen there is no general variance in any of the last expansions, only specific by raid type.

I think it was a great move adjusting the vendor prices. Having it even nearly equal to actual gear prices was just absurd. Putting it on a raid loot table is also great. Little extra perk, as some people have already mentioned, to really stand out as a raider like the old days. I don't understand why people who don't raid are complaining. You should already accept the fact that you will not have access to all the game offers. This game is for fun and/or hobby, as such, how you play and put into it will determine how rewarded you will be. If you don't raid, how could you possibly expect to be on par to raiders for loot in any fashion? Even ornamental, which will be out for SC next year I'm sure...
  20. Idiien New Member

[IMG]

New
    Narcissistic said:
    “Sony needs to remember that sometimes a person cannot raid, for example WORK happens during raid times, but that doesn't mean I shouldn't have access to new stuff. The raiders already get exceptional gear upgrades by doing raids, the ornaments should not be part of this as well.”

I agree to this because I know a lot that have this problems & I seen someone saying that Raider should have a look that others don't have Ok I can handle that. So MAKE the Gear have that look & Make it a NO DROP because its not right to only making raiders only Ornaments that can be sold & if the raider don't like it then they can put Ornaments in to change it then problem fixed. SO go back to the old days & make the gear look like that then you have it both ways then Raiders will have a look that shows the awesome gear they have & they don't have to pay for it. but if your not going to listen to the people that pay for this game oh-well nothing we can do about it, but remember more people you upset for stuff like this good luck, if your not going to make it a no drop then don't make it that you can only get it from the raid vendor. Make it droppable in the real zones or in group missions.