Jonas Parrot Aug .. Melee classes

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by RoguesOwn, Nov 4, 2014.

1. Dibab Augur

so is this max stats as in you have the Seafarer achievement? if so this is a fail aug. It need more AC for any tank to ever use it. peroid. Along with some adjustment to the heroic stats as well. As it is this aug is a fail
  2. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

Its weird - do you have any idea what seems to evolve it?
    I got it after having all the partisans/heros done, and its at the base stats as posted. Finished a few saviours and still at base stats as posted. Do you need to de-aug it to shake it loose maybe?
  3. Maeryn Augur

4. Insaneox Augur

This AUG is totally useless to tank classes as it currently is! Was this done for a reason finished task only to find out I get a another bag fodder augment.
  5. Insaneox Augur

Well if does go to 40 AC its better then 35ac I saw as top completed. Still think should be adjusted for the expansion that we are on currently not VoA level AC on the augment.
  6. Dibab Augur

itd be nice if we could get at least 5 more ac on this thing.
  7. Orbital101 Augur

[IMG]
    I told Dzarn that people would complaint about the lack of AC on beta and that it seemed to be progression broken and that is what he replied:
    We identified a problem with one of the mercenary achievements that may have caused some issue with the item.

The other issue I've noticed is the modified vs unmodified display of the item. If you have the unmodified display activated it will show the stats at (35 / 302 / +6 / 11) which means the item is not displaying its script modified value.

After completing the 3 tasks that were erroniously omitted from achievements (along with all of the other tasks required to complete TDS achievements) I was showing the item at the following stats with the 'modified' button enabled:

AC: 40
    HME: 350
    hStats: 20 + 6
    HA/SD: 12

Now I replaced a 38 ac aug 160 hp with it so it was a upgrade. That aug give me 679 hp at is and It took me 6 hrs for 3 toons to complete it but that is with doing it once on beta and prepped on live to hit multiple tasks at once, binded my druid and wiz near FC/WW etc...

I asked for at leest 45 AC but got no reply on that one p
  8. Siddar Augur

40ac 400+ hp 12 combined hdex hagi. I really doubt any tank or melee will pass on this aug if they are able to max it out.
  9. Zachton Soulstriker Augur

But, does it talk?
    Mintalie and EQgamer23 like this.
  10. Nightops Augur

I would use the aug at the current level, but I think it should be higher. Or have a way to make it higher via a raid drop or by adding +1ac for each of the raids once you have participated in a win.

Currently for me, the trade off would be dropping 4 ac for ~300h/m/e and +4 total heroic dex/agil. Imo, its pretty close to a wash once you factor in the generally accepted rule of +25 for heroic dex/agil levels vs the time needed to max and the availabilty of the current augs.

Im not saying it should be the best aug in the game, but it should clearly provide an upgrade over teir 4 VoA augs.
  11. Maedhros High King

I'm starting to wonder about you Dibab.
    The stats on this aug when maxxed are better than about half of your augs. Do you really believe the Spellstone of the Mistress is better than this because it has 4 more ac?
    There are +30 heroics on the parrot that are relevant to a Paladin. That is HUGE. Massive HME, and sufficient ac.
    I could wish it had 5 or 10 more ac too, but as it is right now, wearing that aug as a tank is a no-brainer.
  12. Brudal Augur

Attack would be another greatly appreciated melee mod to add since with the 10 extra levels of Hero's Fortitude and 2 extra levels of Enhanced Aggression and no increase in attack on gear, the 870 attack cap will be hard to reach without sacrificing beneficial type 3 augs.
  13. Silv Augur

Since it isn't shield useable the 40 AC is on par with other augs and shouldn't be a huge deal. There wasn't a huge increase across the board with TDS (vs COTF).

That said... +6 heroics? Really? As mentioned earlier, the stupid-easy aug from the last missions in COTF yields a vastly superior item for 1/10000th of the work as the Parrot. It should really be adjusted to +8 at the least when maxxed. If they really wanted to make it special then it could be +9h. There aren't any other augs AFAIK with greater than +8h on an aug. It would make it "special". This expansion needs special.
    Masse The Butcher likes this.
  14. Zantor Augur

Should be around 50 AC or so, is nice but as a tank I wouldn't use it.
    Dibab likes this.
  15. Ravengloome Augur

If it had a % skill mod for taunt he'd use it though.
  16. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

weird -- we have seafarer, and the other achievements and its still at the base level.

actually - nm, i see what you mean about the display.
  17. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

Zone.
    Open aug
    Hit "modify"

Tada:)
  18. Masse The Butcher Journeyman

i also would like to see more heroics placed on the aug. at a minimum it should be 8 to hero's. keep it on par with augs you can farm and buy from vendors for 1/100 of the effort. i just finished this and as a rogue i cant justify taking off one of my other 8's for this. something beneficial to melee classes would be great as well like endurance regen. this aug is a serious let down after the couple days i spent farming quests and faction in Thuli.
  19. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

I'm absolutely wearing it as a rogue. I'm perfectly willing to drop the 2 heroics for the 18-20 to base stats. Even with it on, I'm not maxed on most of my base stats. Unless they start upgrading the base stats on our gear, they need to start putting base stats on more augs. Maybe make them match the heroic on them point for point or something.

Endurance regen, however, would be most welcome.
  20. Masse The Butcher Journeyman

winno. your magelo states your base stats as 62 over on STR, 48 over on STA, 22 over on AGI, 108 over on DEX. as it has been stated there is aug options out there with more heroics that take less effort to obtain through camping or HA's. go back and look at the augs the last two expansions offered us through questing. cotf and RoF both had quest augs that had 8 to hero stats and that was at lvl 100. we're 105 now and they give us 6 to our heros? logically the quest aug for the expansion should contain equal or better hero's, not less.

heros calling last years progression aug had 8+ all heroics. frozen orb of the fabled king the year before had 8 to whichever stat you felt like having. why with 5 lvls added ... take the aug down to 6?

it takes time to quest into thuliasaur, it takes time to raise faction, it takes time to do all the quests for the bones, it also takes platinum to buy the cases about 5k each and there is 7 cases total. the risk vs reward vs other rewards in the game already is off balance.