xp nerfed grouping with 101's

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by sucubae, Nov 11, 2014.

1. sucubae Lorekeeper

Last night I was working hunter in reslendant temple with my 100 SK and a 100 necro friend. At the start of it I was getting 6-8% off of Lt blues and 8-10% from do blues. I popped lesson and was about 15 mins into lesson and double the previous numbers, when a friend I had not seen joined us with his 101 bard and druid. My xp was cut by better half. With lesson still running I was getting less than 5% from dk blues. So yeah another Nerf they did not tell us about?
    I still have no plans to ever buy tedious expac ever. Now we are being penalized for not having the expac?
  2. Elskidor Augur

You are being punished for someone else buying the expansion and gaining a level.
  3. Gialana Augur

Can you repeat the test by adding the same number of extra characters of level 100 or lower?

There are 4 possibilities I can think of:

1) You naturally get less experience per kill when adding more characters to the group. I believe the exception is in going from 5 to 6 real players.

2) With the percentages you're talking about, I'm assuming you mean AA XP. The amount of AA XP you get has always (or at least for a very long time) gone down when there is a higher level toon in your group. The AA XP is based off of the comparative levels of the mob and the highest level toon in the group. It might even be based off the amount of AA XP the highest level toon could get off the npc. With the additional nerf to XP for level 101 characters in pre-CotF zones, this would compound the AA XP penalty from having higher level toons in the group. It would mean the penalty would be harsher for a level 100 group adding a level 101 toon than it would be for a level 99 group adding a level 100 toon.

3) I don't think this is true, but it might be that higher level toons take a larger split of the XP pool. Someone else would have to confirm this.

4) It's bugged. In this case, you could try putting in a bug report.

In any of the above cases, I agree it's annoying.
  4. Axxius Augur

For grouping with lv 101+, not for not having the expac. How else would they implement the level-based xp nerf? Of course, they check everybody who gets the xp from the kill, and if anybody is lv 101+ the xp is cut. Otherwise people could get around the nerf by using lv 105's to PL in RoF, and the message was pretty clear: RoF must die.
  5. Brohg Augur

AA exp for 10 years or whatever has been determined on the AA exp that the highest level in group gets. If there's evidence that your regular leveling rate was affected, then there'd be concern.
    Maasq likes this.
  6. Porterz73 Augur

I'm not sure if I'm looking at the info incorrectly and perhaps you can elaborate with info on total number of players in group. What I'm reading is your XP per kill was half with 4 in group than it was with 2... Sounds pretty typical to me. You should be able to kill faster but it's not surprising XP per kill drops off as you add players.

Also as Gialana mentioned when doing AA XP the relative Con of the highest member of group determines the XP all members of group receive for the kill divided by number of people in group. (Although many times 1 level is no issue)
  7. Goth Augur

boy that would suck. This would be a horrible side effect of this change.. no helping lower level folks i guess.
  8. Brohg Augur

Would, if it were at all the case. Lots of helping lower level folks I guess.
  9. fransisco Augur

you added more people to the group. Plus higher level people get a bigger share of the xp.
  10. Cloudia Augur

The sky is falling! The sky is FALLING...

Sorry not seeing this with AAXP.

I regularly run my boxed crew: Druid lvl 105 (with TDS), chanter lvl 100, shaman lvl 100.
    Doing Lvl 85, Lvl 90, and Alternate Lvl 90 tasks.

Druid is set to 80% AAXP gains 1 aa per task. When run as 100% reg XP the 3 tasks net around 2% toward lvl 106.

Both the lvl 100s are at maxed reg xp, 100% AAXP

Doing the dailies in OBF, Valley, and Grounds.

Druid gains about 1 AA per task.
    Chanter with 7k AA gains 4, 7, and 7 AA for tasks.
    Shaman with 10k AA gains 3, 6, and 6 AA for tasks.

So no the 2 boxed accounts grouped with a TDS account are not taking a hit on AAXP. At least not task xp. As to regular xp the few kills involved is not a real sample but they both do gain at least 1 additional aa from the kills to complete tasks so rather doubtful that their AAXP is being nerfed.

I know apples and oranges, but only working in CotF for reg xp right now unless grouped with real players and then mostly that is guildies doing TDS progression.
  11. Koneko Augur

call of the forsaken experience doesn't have the exp change only expansions that are included for free to play players for free do meaning call of the forsaken and the darkened sea are places that do not shave exp for people 101+ and it seams members of the group

also the task experance isn't shared with the others only that char and if they have a merc them so the contents of your group will have o effect on it just the level and aa count if it goes to aas
  12. sucubae Lorekeeper

yes my xp was set at 100% to aa. there was 2 mercs initially, caster dps and a cleric. the dps caster was dropped when the 101's joined. later a 100 mage joined filling the group to 5 plus a merc.

the xp with just me and the necro pre-lesson was about 6-8% from light blue mobs and about 8-10% from the dark blues. while running lesson, the xp doubled to 12-16% for light blues and 16-20% for dark blues. when the 101's joined I still had lesson for about 15 mins, the xp dropped to 5% for dark blues, that is 1/4 the xp depending on the mob level during those 15 mins. and it was maybe 2% after lesson dropped.

during the time I was watching my xp drop to nothing, I was on the phone with another friend who works for soe telling him this. he said he was not surprised because of all the bugs they are having. he ran his 100 mage over and joined us to see if having 5 in the group helped any and it didn't. it did not go up any or go down just stayed the same crappy xp level.

just my 2 cents, but they have totally messed up this game. and there wont ever be any new announcements on new nerfs from now on from what I heard from my friend last night. example ..... the merc ac fix/nerf.
  13. Brohg Augur

Apples and oranges indeed. Task rewards are individual, not group. This is totally off track from the OP's complaints of group kill exp in Resplendent Temple being less with a 101 grouped.
    Terry likes this.
  14. Cloudia Augur

True for the larger sample, for the incidental kills in task with 3 players/3 mercs I saw about the same AAXP as before for all characters.
    Daily tasks take place in pre ROF zones.
  15. Iila Augur

JChan admitted there was a problem and said it's being fixed in the next patch.

Bad thing is that implies this nerf isn't being removed, nice to see our feedback is worth something.
    Silv likes this.
  16. Cloudia Augur

The whole idea of nerfing xp is a BAD THING. It should be taken out back and shot at dawn, but for the right reasons.

Posting just so tales of collateral damage doesn't help the argument, it is just scare mongering...

Now if somebody wants to actually take the time and do a serious comparison between same group killing similar mobs over a period of say 30-60 in CotF then RoF that would be helpful.
    It could very well be that we the players have fallen victim to the law of unforeseen consequences.

Do not ascribe to malice what can be blamed on incompetence or laziness I think some old general is often quoted as saying.
    Garshok likes this.
  17. Iila Augur

Someone in the bug reporting thread did better tests and got a reply:
    If you mean grouped exp, there IS an issue causing reduced exp from being grouped with 101+ players.
    If you mean checking exp for 101+ vs 100 in ROF zones, I did some tests in EW the other night. Kills that would have gotten me ~9aa at 100 only gave me 2aa at 105. Normal exp decay doesn't come close to that, but it's pretty close to the -75% that RoF tasks give at 105.

Edit: The exp nerf at 101+ just needs to die. It's a bad idea that goes against one of EQ's few strong points, having many years of content to explore.
    Terry and Garshok like this.
  18. Rapidfire New Member

I am curious what strategies others are using to gain levelling experience from level 101 and above. Personally, I find Bixie Warfront "moles" to be rediculously slow; is that the best I can hope for? Does shrouding down to say level 75 and grouping with a level 100 plus work any better? I will be working on the Jonas Parrot Aug tasks in the meantime, but I am having trouble getting out of level 103 at the moment. All suggestions are welcome.
  19. Siddar Augur

Mob Con exp has always been impacted by highest level in group. The con of mob to highest level in group sets the con exp modifier for entire group,

Its something like Yellow +20%, White +0%, Blue -20%, Lite Blue -50%, Green -75%, Grey -100% if I remember right. If the mobs became green to the level 101 then that would explain why exp rate was cut in half.
  20. Iila Augur

AA exp works on mob con to the highest level in group. But level exp is divided proportionally between everyone in the group.
    Terry likes this.