BUG Raid 1 - Defense of the City

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Adroxia, Nov 2, 2014.

1. Absor Developer

Thanks, that might help. Firiona was killed, so you lost. I'll look into it from that angle.

A
  2. Augok Lorekeeper

If its any help we had also taken out most of the warrior mobs and at least 3 of the magio when we got the reset.

Augok
  3. Beimeith Lord of the Game

No it didn't happen to us, thankfully.

[IMG]
  4. Maeryn Augur

"Useful" has always mainly been about a starting point for finding a guild. If someone in Ancient Dominion can no longer raid Euro evenings but is willing to stay up until 3am or so to raid then EGL is a logical place to check.

Couple of clicks and either they can look into joining RoI, Inverse, Triton and/or MS since if they are going to leave the guild they love they are going to try to get into the most successful guild they can. Or they might be looking for information on Hellfire, Reckless, Infinit and/or RBB since as a starting point those seem to be guilds with similar progression to AD.

"Interesting", "motivating" and other subjective things are likely responsible for most of the page views at EGL and aren't genuinely "useful" but there would be way less websites on the internet if only "useful" ones existed.

Linear and timelocked doesn't affect any of that.
  5. Khat_Nip Meow

We (Inverse Logic) won the event legitimately as well. In fact I don't recall there being any issues.
  6. Axxius Augur

Probably the same as Evantil: the event is resetting, all event mobs despawned and regular pre-event mobs spawned, but one last victory condition check still happens, and since no event mobs are up - it's declared a win?

(didn't happen to us because we won and didn't wipe).
    Iila and Kiillz like this.
  7. Absor Developer

The fact that we can't reproduce the problem and that there does not appear to be an issue in the scripting makes me think it's related to lag in some way. It is possible, I suppose, that somehow scripts that depop NPCs on failure are getting delayed in an odd way. I've made a change to make sure that IF that is the issue, it shouldn't happen again. However, I have no idea if this is the actual issue.

A
  8. Edrick Augur

Did this happen to anyone in beta? Were there any changes made to the raid right before TDS launched?
  9. Adroxia Elder

It was a strange bug because we had wiped at about the same point on a previous attempt, and it reset properly, just had fewer mobs dead on the earlier attempt.

All I can see is that these bugs happened to definitely 2, possibly 3, guilds on the AB server within about 15 minutes of each other. That's strange! :confused:
  10. Axxius Augur

Yes. It happened to IL on beta, and they posted about it. So this is not a new bug.
  11. Edrick Augur

Hm. Did anybody get this bug on their first attempt? Perhaps something screwy happens on further attempts if you let it reset due to a wipe on your first try.
  12. Elricvonclief Augur

Ring of Valor one shotted it last night, our first try. No bugs, and Sol Invictus beat it roughly an hour later.
  13. Silv Augur

Fu beat it this evening- didn't have any issues either. Was amusing on the first start when Firiona got roflstomped and we got the blind reset. :p
  14. Iila Augur

TIME PARADOX
    Silentchaos and Axxius like this.
  15. Tattertott New Member

I've heard of multiple guilds having this happen. (Our run was clean)

It's also happened in the past. I seem to recall an event in RoF, one of the xorbbs doing it. "Ok, rez up folks... err, wait, lets loot the chest"
  16. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

Yes it did happen on beta when we wiped/died/lost.
    The event works fine unless you loose.

The worst part is they said it was fixed on beta
  17. Maeryn Augur

1. Realm of Insanity Xegony 2014-10-29 @ 00:29:49
    2. Inverse Logic Luclin 2014-10-29 @ 19:10:52
    3. Shadows of Doom Antonius 2014-10-30 @ 15:22:10
    4. Triton Povar 2014-10-30 @ 17:50:35
    5. D'Pikeys Antonius 2014-11-02 @ 12:25:00
    6. Machin Shin Xegony 2014-11-02 @ 15:55:09
    7. Ring of Valor Bristlebane 2014-11-02 @ 17:33:43
    8. Sol Invictus Bristlebane 2014-11-02 @ 18:30:00
    9. Fu World Order Bristlebane 2014-11-03 @ 18:08:21
  18. Deillusional Augur

d'pikeys didnt win, they were bugged out. (they the ones who created the thread).
  19. Redrum_Redrum Augur

So they didn't win but are listed on the rankings as a win? Back to the topic the only bug we noticed on beta with this and both 1 off raids was as soon as you won the dz crashed. Yet to see this on live but we only won event 1 once so far.
  20. Beimeith Lord of the Game

IT's been removed, someone else must have clicked it through ;p