SK aggro and terror line

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Drakang, Jun 21, 2014.

1. Khauruk Augur

>Rune proc = ( 700 * 2 ) * 3000% = 4,200,000 aggro for every mob with you on it's hatelist
    Shawl proc = (850 * 2 ) * 3000% = 5,100,000 aggro for every mob with you on it's hatelist
    SB proc = 2681 * 3000% = 8,043,000 aggro for mobs with you on their hatelist, who make the intelligence check

Uhh...that's 42,000, 51,000 hate, etcetera. 3000% doesn't mean multiply by 3000, it means multiply by 30, since you're already at 100%.
  2. Brohg Augur

The funny thing is that even correcting for two degrees of magnitude, which would normally be immune to accusations of pedantry, by miles, doesn't mask how broken the ability is. There's no functional difference between the four million version and the 42k version :p Blast of Anger (warrior best blast agro ability, 45000) on every mob that's ever heard of you, every couple seconds & twinprocable - still broken enough to look like a spdat typo.
  3. Repthor Augur

blast of anger is every minute not every few second lets not decend in to the ficunal plane , also blast is singel target.

also rage in current form un useble in raids with adds witch most raids have so this is purely a grouping tool(for the most part) for AE aggro. lets not forget that warriros alreaddy are by miles the kings of singel target aggro alreaddy. this thing dident change any of that.

any warrior with brains dosent use this on raids. simply cuz we dont need the singel target aggro boost. nerfing it just makes it useble in raids to witch is un needed.

its a great grouping tool. to amplfy our AE aggro thats it.

im all for sks and paladins getting enough aggro to do their jobs. seems to me this is already happening i cant tell last time one of our sks in my group/guild lost aggro to a dps or a burning warrior trying to dps it just dosent happen.

also correct me if im wrong but dosent both sks and paladin get aas to make their terror / aggro stuns 0.5 cast time so they arent 1 second cast time due to this aa so they cant be mutch faster cast then they currently are. you want more hate on them. well ok go for it dosent bother me much
  4. Leighton_Orestes Elder

Things like turning auto attack on before Hate's attraction help. :)
    That way if you have to use ageless enmity it will actually stay on you. I do that on raids and I very rarely can't agro lock a mob in a split second. Then it's just a matter of stacking everything you can onto them to stay ahead of DPS.

If you're really lucky, you'll have a good rogue to misdirect the target's target.
  5. Drakang Augur

I don't want any other classes abilities changed. Just want the agro generated by the SK abilities that only do agro increased.

Just need to go on a raid with a decent paladin to see the issue. I put Voice of Thule on (using up a buff slot), I HA a mob hit it with Rank 3 Terror and Rank 3 Demand for Power and get start getting dots on it and then see it turn and run to a paladin who is not meleeing it who just has gone through his standard spell lineup before he charged in.

To stop this effect I have to start dropping dots and loading up more terror spells so I can chain cast them. This limits my time to squeeze in lifetaps which reduces survivability.

Increasing the hate mod on the terror line, and reducing the recast time on our AE hate spells has no impact on other classes and adds nothing to our survivability or DPS (will save the poor state of our DPS for another thread).
    Bludvl and Seor like this.
  6. Leigo You come here often?

Devs!
    I can hold agro as a SK, but with the last patch it take NOTHING for a war to yank it off ANYONE, even if they're not trying.

SK's need all their Hates looked at.
    NEW AAs:
    One that gives 25/35/50% more hate on our terrors (that's 3 ranks, passive aa)
    Other to make our Terror's instant cast (1 rank, 18aa) I'd pay it!
    A Hasten for Stream of Hate, Honestly, 3min cooldown? (give 2 ranks 60s each)
    One last aa that increases ALL hate generated by the SK, pick a %. Passive and give it as many ranks as you like, every SK will buy it in a heartbeat.

I know I shouldn't compare Pally's, War's to SK's.. But truth is they are soo much better at getting agro and keeping it over sk's.
    I raid tank as an SK and it take a lot to keep folks at or under 50% agro. While a war can keep everyone under 3% without trying and a Pally can keep everyone under 10%.

Please adjust this issue. You talk about balancing all the classes, well the tanking classes are massively unbalanced and even more so since the last patch.
  7. Leigo You come here often?

As far as other agro is.. Look at some classes. Rangers are the hardest dps class to keep agro off of. New spells and abilities generate so much agro its dumbfounding.
    Wizards fall in line next, Bst, Monk... etc. But the main 2 being Ranger and Wizards. I have many Tank friends of the War and Pally class. They don't have nearly as much trouble keeping agro off those classes as an SK.
    Bludvl likes this.
  8. Cisco Elder

Terrors can definitely use a slight aggro boost. Maybe even a little extra hate added to taps wouls be awesome too. Not a crazy addition, but something to fill in the gap between paladins and SKs. Our AE aggro is perfect, but single target aggro can definitely be improved on. You know what we can all really use tho? 10-15 more buff slots! That... would be golden..
  9. Makavien Augur

To just reply to the without even trying part there bud . Every raid I went to with you guys , I had over 200 spell casts usually in the 400 range so it is not without trying. My main aggro key does 5 things at once.

So please get your class boosted instead of acting like it doesn't take work to do what your talking about.

Them two new aggro things warriors received were specifically meant to fill a void which they do quite well at.
  10. Zarzac Augur

You are correct, however now they have created a new void, which we now need fixed.
    Bludvl likes this.
  11. Leigo You come here often?

You go right to the attack huh?
    I wasn't attacking any other tanking class. And I cast in the 100s for my Aggro spells/AAs while I'm tanking or in the line up. Don't think I was being disrespectful to other tanks. Just pointing out that SK's have fallen to the bottom of the chain and have to fight for aggro much harder then Pally's or War's.

Please read my posts carefully before attacking. Thank you.
  12. Leigo You come here often?

And this post was about.. Hey here are some ideas for them to think over.. I'd be super happy to get just 1 of these AAs.. Most likely the best in this list being the first.
  13. Drakang Augur

Would have been nice to see at least one Dev post they were looking into this.
  14. Leigo You come here often?

It does tend to make us feel better to see them make an official /nod, doesn't it?
  15. Tual Augur

Y'all need to leave Warriors out of this. Do Shadowknights need agro help? Yeah, but that has jack to do with warriors, SK's were on top for so long, and now to complain about Warriors who have been on the bottom for 95% of the time is freaking embarrassing.
    Raptorjesus5 likes this.
  16. Drakang Augur

Only complaint I have about warriors is the current combination of their effects gives them so much AE agro they are pulling to many mobs onto themselves and dieing. That may just be most of them needing to relearn how to deal with recent changes.

I don't care if they change warriors or not or paladins or not. SKs need to be fixed.
  17. Tual Augur

That's because our new ability is broke, it is like 10x stronger than it's supposed to be, and needs to be toned down because more often than not it's death on a raid to use it.
  18. Ashigaru Augur

Hopefully there have been no, or at least minimal requested impact on other classes in this thread - SK's are requesting increase in aggro, rather than a decrease in other tanks aggro.
  19. Leigo You come here often?

True enough, but even after it's fixed you will be top in agro tual.
    I don't mind War's being on top. But the gap needs to be closed. Sk's are so low end now on agro now its painful.
  20. Leigo You come here often?

Aye, I'm not saying ANY class should be nerfed. I would only like to see SK's brought back up to sit along side the other 2 tanking classes. nothing more.