What is going on with the CotF release?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Yinla, May 8, 2014.

1. Sinestra Augur

We've come up with hundreds of "constructive" comments about what we would like to see, and the vast majority of those are ignored and we get things like changes to Rest.

If you aren't going to listen, then do us all a favor and stop insulting our intelligence by asking. I'm sure someone has some "intelligent" reason things needed to be nerfed again, and whether or not it is and uneducated reason, we will have no choice but to accept it or quit.

If you want constructive feedback then listen to it when you get it. If you aren't going to listen to our feedback, then find people who will.
  2. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Pretty much the same answer for both questions

Quick and easy answer is more zones (not instances), raids, AAs, quests and missions, loot upgrades and clicky toys aimed at those who are max level, add levels to next next expansion.

Longer answer for the future

It would be nice to have some kind of idea of what we can expect for our money when we purchase an expansion. For example X number of zones, missions, raids, quests, etc. Also what kind of timetable we are looking at

What will be included when the expansion is released
    How many updates there will be after release
    a rough outline of what will be in each update.

Try and be a bit more up front about what the plans are for the expansion.

Every expansion before RoF we knew what to expect for our money when we purchased a new expansion, with the delayed content we have no idea on what we are getting or when we will get it.

I understand the devs don't want to commit incase there are delays but a rough outline of what we are purchasing would be very much appreciated.

I'd love to see locked zones and proper progression in both the group and the raid game. Take a look at HoT and copy that format, that was a great expansion, with a nice structured progression.
    Xeladom, Iila, Kelefane and 1 other person like this.
  3. Kiillz Augur

its all about stringing people along, continuing to collect their money knowing people will continue to hope for new content, and it will not come in any degree of satisfaction to any player, just the people who collect the money. Its kinda getting like when you get a new job at some places,,,,, get what you want going in because you are not gonna get it later once they promise you the world hire you and then your stuck.
    Fenthen likes this.
  4. Langya Augur

I really don't have anything to give as far as expectations other than STOP NERFING MY CHARACTERS. I don't expect to lose ground every release but that seems to be what is going on. If you all have ran out of ideas to the point where you can only create challenge by taking away what I have already earned, than you best take a good hard look at if this enterprise is still worth pursuing or not. Taking away the Rest line? So that horn from the Anniversary mission was too strong to the point where I lose an entire disc arc?
  5. Vlerg Augur

I believe it'S the 3rd time a dev asked '' what do we expect for the next release?''

Well again, an actual content patch. This is an expansion we paid for, ''buy now get 4 patch of content later...'' so far the first one was small ( 2 zone + 2 heroic mission hub). the second one was even smaller ( adding 2 more heroic hubs...). the 3rd one appear to be kind of a joke ( 1 zone, 2 mission, 1 raid)... the last one will be a bunch of item on the currency merchant with nothing else?

I vaguely remember Brad smedley , on twitter, telling he heard the EQ playerbase loud and clear...

You gave us plane of war, right... however that dosen't make up for lack of content... that's still one zone, with interesting new mechanic yes, but still just a single zone with alot of timesink in it.

As a wizard, CoTF brought 1 single usefull spell ( shield of fate, shared by all caster) , 3 useless copies of previously useless spell, and 1 AoE that's weaker than the lvl 95 version... the AA given to us were a sad joke ( hastened nexus gate? extended swarm pet?) If it wasn't for kronos, I would've cancelled by gold subscription that's for sure.

I hope the next expension won't be delivered in 4 different patches... cause I won't be buying
    Gyurika Godofwar and Fenthen like this.
  6. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Most of us long tenured play for a lot of reasons but imo one of the most compelling is time invested + the ability to constantly progress by improving our toons. Staggered, ultra minimalistic content is a huge threat to this reason to play. Let's face it, it's an old game and most aren't playing it for the graphics or modern technology.

The issue here is that if this is indeed the 3rd "quarter" of cotf release, we're up to a grand total of 3 zones and 2 blocked off inaccessible instance hubs. In something like 7 months, even the most casual of folks is going to run out of meaningful things to do. Which leaves people with horribly dull things like picking up shinies or running the same HA 20-40 times for hunter. I think a great indication lately is how many more people than usual are doing cof hunter. And it isn't for love of hunting, it's that they have nothing else to do while in Eq!

We read posts by SOE management making claims that appear to be in direct opposition to what is actually happening, and the only answer posted to the question "please enlighten us in your general plan" is a question right back at the player about what *we* want? Really?

I'll answer for me, then:

I'd like to know with reasonable specifics that the game we love and have invested so much into isn't going to continue down this path of massively under delivering one of the few big things the game has going for it...progression through content.

A sheep can be sheared many times, but this expansion feels like we're being skinned, while at the same time being told everything is ok! Don't panic at the sight of that blood.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  7. Daislet Augur

The raid has been out for 5mins and you guys are already complaining.
    CaptAmazing likes this.
  8. Tobynn Augur

Clearly, the amount of content delivered has been, and continues to be, reduced. No amount of spindoctoring or labeling of posts as non-constructive will persuade anyone here to believe the contrary. If the dev team is so robust, then why the ongoing abysmal failure to deliver a full expansion of content for the full price that was so eagerly collected?

I know, I know. He used the word can. Can create, can deliver. Never said they will create and deliver.

I have grown weary of this revolving door of limited-time-only content. Where's my expansion?
    Gyurika Godofwar, Durris and Iila like this.
  9. AliveTank. Journeyman

This is 1 zone,I doubt it s even a new tier, ne patient, next tier release I am sure will happen soon enough.
    Enjoy the extra zone and wait for the new tier, btw, last update had 3 raids, not 2.
  10. CaptAmazing Augur

I hope none of the guilds beat it and they have come back once they've gotten more levels. All these guys complaining about the war raid and one new CotF raid, I'll bet ninety percent haven't done all the quests in War yet. They have all this hard core content not done yet and are pointing put how little they are getting. Do what you've been given first.
    Daislet likes this.
  11. EverChanter Augur

The thing that worries me is that SoE has come out and said that the next "Expansion" would be going back to a large-scale first day release with updates afterwards, but this lack of content CUSTOMERS ALREADY PAID FOR is not showing us that our loyalty means EVERYTHING to you. We expect that with paying the same amount for expansions that we did 5 years ago would come with the same amount of content.

We've been asked several times what we want in our content, and more and more it feels like that's just being ignored while we pay the same amount.

Do you really think one zone, one raid, six missions would keep YOU GUYS BUSY for the next few months?

Would SoE employees pay another company the amount WE pay (before getting a finished product) for this amount of content?

No level increase, no new aa/spells (sorry, but without proof we have no reason to believe they will drop "soon after", after 4 months of the AA discussion thread being active) are supposed to keep us busy until T2B? Even then, if this amount of time was spent on T2A and there's to even be a T2B, we're talking about Oct-Dec. for T2B (which I assume based on T2A will be one zone, one raid) SoE is expecting us to hand over another $40 for the hopes that the next expansion will be "as advertised"?

We are supposed to believe you on the next expansion being huge, when we can't even get more then one zone for the 3rd part of this expansion?
  12. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

This is how the permanent raids should have been, not content which is only in game for 6 weeks!

If the top guild server wide is having issues getting it under 50%, how do you think the rest of the raid population is going to fare?

Temporary content should not be harder than the current end raid game. What is the point of putting something this hard in for 6 weeks that very few will actually beat? Maybe they should have made the 15th anniversary missions just as hard.
  13. Riou EQResource

No, Tower of Rot is Tier 2 (and the gear that drops is a Tier above what exists)
  14. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

So when everyone is done, this raid won't be available.

6 short weeks we have the PoWar raid, max for most guilds this raid will be completed 6 times, but with the difficulty is is now, most will be lucky if they complete it once.

The CotF raid no one has seen in its final form as it is still in beta, I'll judge that one when it goes live and not before.
  15. Slasher Augur

You obviously did not pay $40 for an expansion that looks like it will be the 2nd smallest expansion ever released for EQ.

It's simple how can you justify $40 for an expansion that has half the zones and half the raids ROF had ? If you want to make less content we want to pay less for that content.

Now throw the insane melee class nerfs coming up that will KILL melee classes period you think melee sustained dps is bad right now ? Wait a week this goes live. Zerkers will be sitting to regen endurance 43% of the time they're playing this game.

The direction of this game is absurd its like the people in charge cannot decide where they want to take it so stuff added years ago is now being removed/nerfed reverting us back to pre HOT levels where we had to med half the time we were playing this game.

THAT IS NOT FUN. It really is as simple as that.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Peon25 like this.
  16. Langya Augur

/shrug. Let the top players have their fun. At least that demonstrates that SoE is at least trying to accommodate the whole player base. People have been vocal that content has been vastly too easy so consider this a throwing of a bone.
  17. CaptAmazing Augur

But it's challenging. Just can't roll it with 40 mouth breathers. This is what you guys want. Just think of the satisfaction you'll get when you finally beat in the 16th or 17th years! After all, it hard content that been asked for. This is hard content. Now you want hard but beatable? You're asking for too much. Or you really don't know what you want.
  18. Langya Augur

Better start farming those horn clickies....
  19. Langya Augur

No need to be an about it.
    Sinestra and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  20. Axxius Augur

Of all the excuses, this one I didn't see coming. I was under the impression that PoW was sort of a pet project. In fact, I seem to remember when it was announced at SOE Live 2013 that it was a bonus, an extra, a present to all the old school EQ players. And now you are telling us that this 'bonus' zone actually cost us CotF content? Wow. Just wow...
    Imrahil, Fenudir, Sinestra and 5 others like this.