Plane of War Mission

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Riou, May 6, 2014.

1. Makavien Augur

Hate you right now ! Roars at you in his direwind gnoll reaver shroud !
  2. Zaknaffein Augur

So I've never dabbled much with the shrouds in this game, only for the few missions that require it.

What is the best strategy for leveling up these gnoll shrouds so I can max out my AC from teh illusion clicky? I remember people use to use shrouds and go AE the Deep for AA, though I think they fixed taht somehow. Would I be best to just use a high level toon and basically Plvl the shrouded toon with him, or are there better/easier ways to do this?
  3. Riou EQResource

Same way you would PL a regular toon :), you can also mega buff it and zerg some zone like the Warrens
  4. Ranndom_TheUndead Augur

Lvl 5 ds pl can potentially max you out in a couple hours provided youre doing it with the right class/location
  5. Vlerg Augur

61 661 on my first shot.

defended both tower, didn't kill the suppliers when they poped. didn't get hit by a catapult once.

Wizard + wizard box + 2 cleric merc.

blue-even con were stunnable, most of them didn't summon ( only mino summon? not sure).

str aug dropped with gnoll illusion clicky
  6. Clarisa Augur

This mission bugged out on me when I (cleric) tried doing it with wizard merc and undergeared mage box and her wizard merc. The mage died right away from a catapult blast, so I just left her dead. Then, I died on a bad pull and after waiting 5 or so minutes to recover and zone back in, spells and click effect items (like the Baelfire Gem I use to pull) would not take hold on mobs and I could run through the entire zone without being able to pull aggro from anything. It was like I was invisible to the mobs, though I still got targeted by catapult blasts.

I ended up having to drop the mission, wasting about an hour of work.
    Peon25 likes this.
  7. Makavien Augur

The best way is prolly to shroud to 70 so you can group with 100 light blues in heart of fear the hatchlings took less time then it takes for the mission to not have a lockout anymore almost. 4.5 hours.
  8. Drakang Augur

Was expecting the task to be a bit harder. 3 players 3 mercs and win. 5 players and a merc and bonus. With a real healer nobody should die and with a merc its still hard to die.
  9. Ravengloome Augur

I think this anniversary task was more in the mind of being inclusive rather then exclusive (like the regular plane of war). Which isn't necessarilly a bad thing.
    Reprisal likes this.
  10. Mythaniel Elder

Just a heads up to the Devs...After finishing the shroud in about 4-5 hours, the totem is only giving 156AC instead of 173AC which the totem says it will give at max strength.

I dig the totem click though stacking with everything. Extra AC? Yes please, and thanks Devs!
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  11. Makavien Augur

Hmm your right it is 153 !
  12. Kolani Augur

Um, was the gnoll in PoK supposed to give my totem back? Cause he didn't.
  13. Makavien Augur

yes.

After you max it out you can also click the item to cycle through each illusion graphc like the pirate one from cotf tier 1 a.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  14. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Double check your bags. It did not appear on my cursor when he gave it back, but it was in a bag.
  15. Feradach Augur

Interesting. Commander Gorok isn't up after the maintenance outage.
  16. Chandrok Augur

The amount of AC listed on the item is an approximation. Because each class has a different soft cap multiplier, we can't show the exact benefit in a spell description. For more info on AC you may want to check out Dzarn's excellent post AC vs ACv2?
  17. Makavien Augur

So tanks don't get the maximum value from an ac buff /confused ? <--- warrior and only getting 153 ac.

also 20 ac might not sound like much but comparing it to aug upgrades in the last 2 years thats almost 4 augment upgrades.
    Garshok and Fenthen like this.
  18. smash Augur

something that is bad is that the chest is decaying after 8 min.

Really should be 30 min.
  19. Ellyra Augur

This has been fixed internally.
  20. feiddan Augur

Displayed AC is meaningless. Don't judge based on the amount of displayed AC an item gives you, but raw AC.