What Has Been Your Favorite EverQuest Zone?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Roshen, Apr 24, 2014.

1. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

City of Mist was amazing.

Honorable mentions to Sebilis, Dalnir, Ashengate and the elemental planes as well.
    Brosa likes this.
  2. Ratbo Peep Augur

In recent memory the SoD Oceangreen theme. (a couple zones).
    From the past - I'd say Old Sebellis , followed closely by Highpass Hold, and Blackburrow.
    Plane of Disease and Innovation was good times too.
    -W
  3. Ringkeeper Journeyman

Plane of Sky.

Beautiful, simple, mystical.
    Diptera likes this.
  4. Kunon Augur

Dagnor's Cauldron and SplitPaw (original). Both of those zones took dedication to get to if you even knew where they were, they were rough for their appropriate levels and there was a real sense of accomplishment as you made your way through them and eventually dominated them.
  5. Beimeith Lord of the Game

City of Mist and Solteris.

I can't quantify what it is about CoM that is so great, it just is.

Solteris is just the most epic zone in EQ. It looks and feels like an expansion endzone. The first time I zoned in after I got flagged, I knew just got real. I don't really get that same feeling zoning into any other endzone in EQ.
    Denial_Sinfae, Arylle and Tarrin like this.
  6. Serriah_Test Augur

Lake Rathe
    For a time when every zone wasn't doom and gloom "blarg death death fear me." and music was cheerful and zones were calm. We seriously need a re-connection with Antonica, Odus and Faydwer.

Tower of Frozen Shadow
    For a REAL group dungeon crawl
    The atmosphere was spooky too. This big dark tower in a frozen wasteland.
  7. Bigstomp Augur

Probably Old Sebilis. The Overthere was alot of fun as I was leveling up. Veksar was fun for a long time.

I always liked the feel of the zones that could hold you for a few levels. First just the entrance, then moving in deeper as you could handle more safely.
    Belchere likes this.
  8. Serriah_Test Augur

Yeah, that's a huge part of EQ I miss.
    City of Mist was awesome for that. So was Kaesora.
    Arylle likes this.
  9. fortuneteller Augur

You ask for favorite EQ zone, Must be 2, and even from same expansion: Ashengate / Frostcrypt. They had something over them that gave me a smile.

When saying favorite, then I also have to say worst zone. And that has to be the new Freeport. There no soul in that zone anymore, nothing to do, except pass through as fast as possible.
  10. Feradach Augur

City of Mist is by far my favorite zone. The lore behind the zone itself is very intriguing, and the layout is just really cool. I always liked that from near the zone-in, you can look up and see the structures that house the big baddies. The fact that it can support multiple groups in there for XP and support a couple of raids at the same time was great too.

We need more zones like CoM, or at the very least expand the HH events to also include some Kunark zones.
    Arylle likes this.
  11. LoonyToony Elder

Original game I would have to say unrest and old guk were my favorites.
    Added content pre kunark original plane of hate hands down. That place was just epic.
    Kunark veeshans peak sebilis and city of mists. Those zones just felt alive some how.
    Velious sleepers tomb temple of veeshan and dragon necropolis. Sleepers tomb felt like the final scene in a epic tale. Temple of veeshan was so awesome fighting the dragons. Dragon necropolis was the best dungeon crawl I have ever had.
    I would have to think on zones after velious honestly.
  12. Axxius Augur

Vex Thal. Beautiful, ominous, dangerous for many years after its era. Glass doors!

I always wanted to ask: if circle shape is not graphically supported by EQ engine, and we always get octagons and other polygon approximations instead of a circle, then how come there are perfectly round lights in Ssra Temple and Vex Thal? Those lights and glass doors have never been used again after SoL, but they are awesome looking. Kudos to the zone designers of that era.
  13. idej Augur

NToV was my all time favorite. If you guys made a good expansion that could tie in this type of raid, that was a crawl, with a massive amount of raid mobs, I would actually come back to raiding and quit my jobs and ignore my family.
  14. Windiren New Member

NToV, you just can't beat old Velious content. The rush of racing other rival Guilds to be the first to slay the dragon. I have been searching for this rush ever since and still have not found it, I still continue to search. I really enjoyed the rush of not knowing if you were going to survive another AoE rain from the dragon, swapping in your Resist gear from sets of different backpacks depending on what dragon you were playing with. Maybe knowing you should carry a extra coffin or two for fellow guildys in case of the wipe. Good times, I would go and do it again any day.
  15. Filatal Augur

Cazic Thule was probably some of the most fun/frustration I had in EQ. Unrest was another great one for trains, manes, and zombies. There have been lots of cool dungeons since, but those two could go from fast paced action to slap stick, keystone cop scenarios in seconds.

But probably the zone that will always be my favorite is one that no one else will ever pick. In the last days before Kunark on one of the most populated servers, every hallway spawn was camped in Guk, Sol B was a nightmare, and guilds would fight over mobs as they spawned in Fear/Hate, my small group starting doing clears of Kedge Keep to occupy ourselves. Those were fun times.
  16. Lily Augur

Estate of Unrest. There's just something about a haunted house! Which brings me to House if Thule. The zone, the expansion. I think it will always be my favorite.
  17. Random_Enchanter Augur

Karnor's castle, Seb, Fungus grove in luclin, POValor/ Halls of honor all hold very nice mentions in my zone list, basicaly any zone were an enchanter can solo or use there skills to the max and gain decent EXP. if PoWar's exp ratio was better it would be nice as well but currently i doubt that there is even exp IN the zone.
  18. Lily Augur

It's on the Rathe. You won't be able to get to it for awhile though.
    Axxius likes this.
  19. Edar New Member

I started at the beginning as a high elf mage, so Unrest was the first dungeon I went to after Crushbone. Then I spent many days in Rathe Mountains which was peaceful and allowed for safe leveling with low chance of corpse runs.
  20. Tachyon Augur

Plane of Mischief without a doubt! A lot of argument is made about old vs. new in that zone, but that's more about loot and mobs than anything else. The true beauty of the zone is it's mechanics, which hasn't changed. It's a real adventure if there ever was one!

Wanna have a challenge? Roll up a group somewhere around L55 to L65 and work your way around mapless like it was back in the day. You'll forget you are playing an MMO!