Rathe

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by silku, Apr 23, 2014.

1. Narye Augur

Ya, Bixie raid..
    Click the drum.. hey, click the drum.. omg click the drum...
    5 mins later.. "I clicked the drum!"
  2. silku Augur

So any clue what's going on here? Been several hours now.
  3. Tadenea Augur

seems back to normal now
  4. Narye Augur

Jehmal, you might finish zoning in 5 or 6 minutes :)
  5. Narye Augur

Down
    Disconected

Fix please!
  6. Valde New Member

Everything seemed to be working fine. But then "YOU HAVE BEEN DISCONNECTED"
  7. Underbrush Elder

Are you kidding us, just crashed!
  8. Siege New Member

Wow seriously? bring it up then take it back down how nice! /sarcasm off
  9. Shadva Del`Shai Augur

splat... server dead again
  10. Siege New Member

Well thinking about going back to playing DDO
  11. silku Augur

I imagine the team is pretty lightly staffed at this time of night, and very busy trying to figure out what's going on. I do agree though that it would be nice to get some communication of what's going on. I see much less information being given to the public, and much more stories about newbies. Maybe I'm missing it, but it feels like we aren't getting much communication.
  12. Leelaz New Member

I feel like the Rathe goes down more than any other server. Dang hamsters from the clearance rack.
  13. Underbrush Elder

I miss Terris-Thule

Or Bertoxx for that matter.
  14. psychowizzy New Member

did someone bring a cat in for show and tell tonight?
  15. Cereh New Member

I'm voting for a free server transfer for ALL toons on my accounts, getting sick of this. Just want to get on for a short while and "server locked". Leave for a while to pass the time and check while gone to see status and see it up. Come back to try to get on again and "server locked". If the hardware is that unreliable, just drop the server and give every character a free transfer token. We all know that the resources dedicated to EQ are just going to be less once the all access change goes live since EQ will just start getting less and less of the budget. I still like this game and plan to play for years to come, but I have no love for The Rathe (I was originally Prexus) Honestly I would love to see the game get rid of the "server" structure and just pool all the hardware resources for standard rule-set servers and make multiple instances of common zones once the player count reached a certain load threshold.
  16. juggalo New Member

seems like rathe was down not too long ago, while other servers were up at least once recently. why does this particular server go down while others remain intact? more importantly what can be done to see that this does not happen more in the future.
  17. Underbrush Elder

Good one
  18. silku Augur

I imagine that since each server is a separate machine (or rack of machines, not sure of their architecture), that a hardware failure on one server wouldn't affect the others and vice versa. That would be my first guess that there was been some component that has failed on this particular server.
  19. Cereh New Member

Probably running WinXp :rolleyes:
  20. Langya Augur

Its broken.
  21. Siege New Member

Acting like they have not upgraded thier servers since last I was on back in 2007... lol