15th player made missions

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by blood & gufts, Apr 17, 2014.

1. blood & gufts Augur

A friend of mine tried one of them.: Sprucing up Shakey.

Mission was fairly simple,
    Kill some stuff, loot some stuff, do some tilting.

Reward 13 AA, 5 Commemorative coins.
    Mobs on test gave 84% aa, meaning around 41% on normal server i guess, rather high per kill. Mobs hit up to, i guess 10k-14k, but often below that.

Reward, rather disappointing, esp considering last years aug. And that the only item that even sligtly worth getting cost 500 CC.
    Meaning, you have to do: 100 of the missions.

Lets hope there will come some additional reward, thats first revealed when going live.
  2. Riou EQResource

Don't worry there is one 100x worse then that (and I've only done 3/5 so far :p) in every single way
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Have you found the one for

[Fri Apr 18 11:06:55 2014] You say, 'ranger'
    [Fri Apr 18 11:06:56 2014] Mechanical Fortune Teller says 'Storm clouds are converging in a mountain pass. Gather some friends and seek out Sarissa. I sense she is nearby.'
    She isn't on find and I cannot find her in PoK and it doesn't say she is in another zone.
  4. Riou EQResource

She isn't up as far as I can tell, it seems to be the missing 5th one tho
  5. Fendy Augur

I'm guessing these comments belong in the test forums?
  6. Riou EQResource

Dunno, it goes live in like 5 days and the issues prob wont be fixed :p
  7. Naugrin Augur

Test forum was closed a long while back unless you mean the test update threads.
  8. Fendy Augur

My bad. I was thinking of the Developers Roundtable where test updates are posted. Didn't realize only dev's can initiate new threads there.
  9. Ghan Journeyman

Are the coins tradeable?
  10. Ellyra Augur

Many of the missions will have special rewards earned by doing something within the mission itself. :)
  11. Prathun Developer

I tested Sarissa on Beta and she spawns in PoK at the appropriate time.
    I popped onto Test and she was not available. Looks like her spawn was set to Beta only. Thanks for the heads up. :)

We're more than happy to fix bugs if we know where to look.
    Yinla likes this.
  12. Riou EQResource

Haven't seen bugs yet, just frustrating task that is gonna make lots of people rage when live :p

Specifically Magically Delicious and taking 5.5 hours out of the 6 hour time limit to do if you do it from scratch without knowing the Pre-Farms :p

The bonuses are also weird, in the Defending Knowledge one its obvious how to do it but the rest seem super hidden, it would be cool if was at least a vague hint or something :p
  13. Riou EQResource

No, It's also lame that the 30 slot bag requires 500 currency (100 wins... when they take forever)
  14. Tobynn Augur

Time Sink is the new Content.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  15. Torriadore Elder

That sounds a bit lame for the big coin reward. Bigger bags have been dropping in game for a long time, not sure why this prize was so conservative.
  16. blood & gufts Augur

Guess price so high not so to interfere with Marketplace sale.
    But price should top be 50, and the other thing costing 50, down to 10.
    Maybe so the bag dont interfere with markedsplace change it to something else, like a ac 45 aug. 300 hps/mana/end,
  17. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

How long are these on live for?

If they take 5 hours, I hope they are around for a long time.
  18. blood & gufts Augur

Unfortunate I see problems with example : Magically Delicious.

That is done in normal zones of House of Thule Library, Erudin Library, Dreadspire keep. See 10+ person coming there for limited pops, and the mobs dont even drop the page each time.
    Riou likes this.
  19. Riou EQResource

Yep, even solo in these zones with 0 competition on spawns, these 3 steps took like 1.5-2 hours of that 5.5 hours.
  20. blood & gufts Augur

These need to be put into instanced versions of those 3 zones, or any mobs can give those updates. Or 1 mob give all the pages you need in that particular zone.