Introducing EverQuest Portal

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Mar 21, 2014.

1. Questoften32 Augur

I know soe ment well with landmark and eq next but the main thing I like about them aside from the fact that the human female charater model seems cute in a walt dysney sort of way, is the hype for them will have the side result of bringing some new players into to eq1 and 2.

It in fact already has I think...and those that play next may wonder about where it all started and when they are taking a temparary break from the game, may go back and forth between the other 2 games as well. So, at least they stay under the eq umbrella.

Its really smart to have more than one game because players taking a break may go too one of your other games rather than say world of warcraft or some other set of games, like perfect world entertainment, that may risk losing them.

The only reason eq 1 and 2 dont have more players is lack of advertising, if they can improve with inderect exsposure think what would happen with an ad campign about the game that started it all. A smart thing for EQ1 would be for ad placement on places like GOG games. May people there would adore eq 1.
  2. Fendy Augur

Sony did figure this out. They've done it in EQ2, in a sense. When you enter a new area you get a very general outline of a map and as you explore you clear the areas and more detail is exposed.
  3. Petts Elder

Sounds like the dungeon crawls of Diablo.
  4. DeadRagarr Augur

After looking around on that for information to compete with various other sites ran by fans (which oddly isn't pre-listed in there). Seems already dead on arrival.

1. We already have a newbie forum that can sticky all newbie related videos and tutorials.

2. Same with guild recruitment being on the forums (which is better as dead guilds will get buried under posts of active guilds rather than sit there on the page, unless the wiki is monitoring active guilds or not).

3. We have various other sites for information that combined with other 3rd party tools gets updated much more often and easily.

Do they really expect people to flock to an entirely new system to get their info rather than the ones that have been updated/maintained for over a decade now?