Stonewood Bow Staff and Plane of War Progression

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by WDWolf, Apr 2, 2014.

1. Zipon New Member

I would like to hear from someone at SOE. Is this what you guys wanted? I have not seen one post from you guys. I know your watching ) Heck half the people in the zone are just camping it for the plat.
    Lily likes this.
  2. Drakang Augur

Fine nerf off the tribute. Just spread us out of one zone lol.
  3. Tulisin_Dragonflame Augur

The annoyance of camping instakillable grey-cons for rare drops aside...

I think SOE missed a great opportunity here to breathe life into some older content with a list of "acceptable tributes" in Plane of War. I can think of a dozen older weapons off the top of my head that were legendary in their own time and would serve as neat things to offer up for PoW access while keeping the zone somewhat gated. As a bonus, they'd cause people to go back a bit and explore some older content to get them. Lets face it, level 100s are going to one-shot ancient content whether it be PoP or Velious.

So off the top of my head:
    Blade of Carnage (besting the Avatar of War in combat? Zekkers would love that)
    Blade of War
    The Sword of Truth
    Bloodfrenzy
    Katana of Flowing Water
    Dragonkiller

To give a few more options...
    A weapon from the LoY boss (quite a long camp, actually)
    A weapon from one of the LDoN raids

This would change the whole tone of the quest from "Welp, better head over to PoE so I can camp tradeskill items for some lame bow" to "What kind of artifact would please the gatekeepers to the one and only Plane of War, and what god or dragon do I have to kill to get one?"

And I'm sure folks can think of a lot more. The net result being that there'd be a lot of avenues to get into PoW, but none so open (due to timers and long spawns) that everyone could instantly pile in.
    sula, Elricvonclief, Imrahil and 4 others like this.
  4. Drakang Augur

Good ideas Tulisin
  5. slugnuts New Member

Lets take a look at what we have here.

Go to newbee zone to get a Stonewood Bow Staff to get a flag for POW part 2.
    It is real RARE
    You can trade it (perma farmed)
    Each tree spawn is camped atm sigh

I know some people in my guild that has camped the staff for 6 hours and they had 6 spawn points.

So what we have is a big bottleneck and I am guessing that's why it was done this way.

So that's what we have here for one part to get into 2nd part of POW atm.

Could we please change this lol. Do something.

Getting the diamond is not that bad for the next part.
  6. Zahrym Augur

Lol, all these 'This is like PoP/GoD, this is actually hard I like it' no. There is 0 risk vs reward, it is not hard.

This is can you sit in earth and steal/kill gray mobs faster. You take no risk, your reward is given for simply being there every 15 minutes.

At least there's a month to finish all the keys.
  7. Ratbo Peep Augur

Agreed - this is not "hard" it's just very ANNOYING.
    -R
  8. Conjurous_AB Elder

3 ppl selling em in bazaar on AB, 2 for 1 million plat, another guy selling 2 more for 2 million and another guy selling 6 for 2.15 million, some very greedy ppl there.
  9. Out_Riding Journeyman

Chase items support their krono profit center. It's as simple as that.

You can fool all of the people some of the time... and some of the people all the time... but you cannot fool all the people all the time.
    sula likes this.
  10. Mediik Augur

Pretty much fail. No sense in having content locked behind a drop in this way. I'm pretty much writing this POW stuff off my TDL list for a couple months or until the logjam clears.

Underwhelmed.
  11. Derd Augur

I am usually on soe and the devs side. On this subject, they are completely wrong and without a change in drop rate or zones that drop this item. Effectively blocked most of us from even trying to enjoy this new content. Unless your plan was to sell kronos for plat I see no legitimate reason for this tradeskill drop knightmare
    sula and Ratbo Peep like this.
  12. slugnuts New Member

Mr. Whoever Tear down this WALL!

Open up the gates guys )

Make the item no drop for now to get rid of the farm boys.
    Change the whole thing someway.
    IDK do something.
  13. guado Augur

I bet krono sales are THROUGH THE ROOF. People are scrambling to get into the field of strife! Remind me to buy some Sony stock.
    Ratbo Peep likes this.
  14. Lily Augur

I wonder how many Draughts of the Craftsman they've sold.
    sula and Ratbo Peep like this.
  15. Random_Enchanter Augur

why wait a week? make um for sale for 1000 SC today! and not the acual bows, just the parts for a kit, then put draughts of the craftsman on sale. Sony will rake in to much money from this they will make Scrooge McDuck look like pennyless!

The camp isnt that bad, everyone is just overreacting which is to be expected for the first week. when i can get off a 3 second casting nuke and have it land on the tree, there clearly not dieing as fast as need be.
    Petts likes this.
  16. gcubed Augur

A few years ago (and probably right up until this last patch), nobody went to PoE. I used to hunt there for the staffs. I made the bows for tribute (47k). I stopped doing it a couple of years ago because there are better ways, but when I think of all those bows that went for tribute... :p
    Koneko likes this.
  17. Fendy Augur

Modify the requirement to use any of the bows made from drops in any PoP zone and that should make this a bit easier.
    Primordial driftwood compound bow - Plane of Water
    Nightmarewood compound bow Plane of Nightmare
    Obsidianwood compound bow - Plane of Fire
    Stonewood compound bow - Plane of Earth
    Featherwood compound bow - Plane of Air
    Petts, Garshok and Elricvonclief like this.
  18. gcubed Augur

Heh, the Obsidianwood Compound Bow has components (fiend guts, and you need two of them) that are rarer than the Stonewood Bowstaffs. :p
  19. Motasa New Member

Is this supposed to be fun? I am really disturbed that the Devs are this out of touch with the game. Fix it soon
  20. Fendy Augur

The idea was to spread the campers out over several zones while keeping the event PoP based.
    Petts likes this.