Live Update: Wednesday, February 19 @ 4am Pacific

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Feb 18, 2014.

1. Sanh Elder

Heroic adventures just got a lot better :)
  2. Connundrum Lorekeeper

It is completely nonsensical to think that purchasing a heroic character and having auto AA's negate the work that others did to get to that point.

Personally, id rather have more people to group with and adventure with and socialize with 85-100. The more the merrier! Just because they didnt put in the time I did doesnt mean I didnt have fun while I was doing it.

I do support having a title or something that distinguish's the people who put the time and effort in versus the premades that will be coming.
    Vorthax likes this.
  3. laller Lorekeeper

okay so were is the aa refund from the useless decap aa?
  4. code-zero Augur

From the comments in General right now apparently decap is wonderfully overpowered for zerkers grouped in HA's and there were comments that they thought another nerf was bound to come.

In other words people who actually logged in and played instead of whining on the forums found out how it really works
    Tual likes this.
  5. Zarakii Augur

lol decap was useless to begin with.. also I thought heroic characters thing was coming out with todays patch also
  6. airforce60 Journeyman

1. You missed the point. Some people grind all of the time. I don't!

2. You missed the point again. I consider it a little refund!

3. Thanks for the info concerning AA bonus and grant
  7. eqrulz New Member

Well, all I can say is that I left Everquest once for about 4 years. I came back and was really enjoying the game but this patch takes ALL the fun out of the game. I have a level 100 ranger with T4 group ROF gear and almost 12k AA. He now takes as long to headshot a green mob as a newbie ranger with 500 AA. SOE went straight over the edge with this "proc no more than twice per minute---with RAID GEARED player". So the GROUP gear is considered basically useless? Come on SOE, I know you did this thinking that you were helping and I admit something needed to be done in a FEW ISOLATED instances, but this patch is going to drive your player base away in droves in my opinion. After playing for about 15 minutes, I had had about all I could stand for one day...
  8. code-zero Augur

You
    need to stop wasting time on green mobs and try it on DB where it procs as often.
  9. Velric Journeyman

This is all I want. I'd settle for a title, but I'd really just like to be able to have my name in a different color or something. I don't need a refund for the past 14 years of grinding and playing because I enjoyed every bit of it. I just want hardcore players differentiated from store bought or "granted" players. I don't need any other kind of "reward", because really, I'm being given the same thing as everyone else, I'm just choosing not to accept it. For whatever reason, I'd like some recognition for that, and I'd like to be able to easily spot other players who are of the same mindset as myself.
    Mozzarella, Melanippe and Barnwyr like this.
  10. moogs Augur

Once you opt in, you can't opt out. The decision is final.
  11. a_cleric00 Lorekeeper

Incorrect.
    Sinestra likes this.
  12. Stavos New Member

I can tell you the only things that upset me about all this are; the headshot, decap, and assassinate skills procking up to 2 per min if raid geared. So if not raid geared it might prock only 1 per min. These abilities were never a real mass pull and kill unless being used way below level. Next the auto grant aa is bull. People complaining about how hard it is to get them initiated the change. Fine you don't want to grind them out. What about the players who have ground them out? the ones who already have >7000 and the auto grant not giving them any aa? No compensation for all their work and now someone who is 85 can be close to the same amount. The players who figured out how to use spells in a way that wasn't intended should be praised not have it taken away. They say the mass pulling hurts the servers due to pathing. then why do raids not hurt the servers? 54 players attacking the same mobs and the pathing switches between multiple players and the calculations of many overlapping damages being done at the same time and it runs just fine. I personally would have done the aa's like this. Level 80 gets a bonus aa grant of x amount, then again at 85, then 90 and so on. Also let them pick where to put them.
  13. Zanmar New Member

Well its day one, and im out on my zerker. Its pretty slow and boring. Tried tanking a mob in SL and no go. I could however kite kill one, took almost 10 mins for 20% of an AA. I gained less than 500 AA from the autogrant. while another player went from 4k to past me in AA on his alt. Im at 7250. ive heard good things about heroic adventures, haven't been able to find a group for one after 4 hours. decap nerf isn't working for me. I used to always pick up people and help them do their daily 5 kills in the hotzones. After reading so many people requesting for a decap nerf in this thread i figured id stop doing that. Half the people I helped prob got on this forum and said decap needed to be nerfed. Frustrated, bored and feeling pretty wimpy. gettin out DD'd by hybrid classes, rangers crying but alteast they have endless quiver, I just threw 600+ axes to kill one mob. I wish i could equip copper and throw that cause its cheaper. I don't know now, reroll necro? If I have to depend on kiting to molo might as well be a class that can do 1000% the dps a good zerker does at melee. To add insult to injury our server has been lagging like crazy. Wasn't that the point of this nerf? I get mixed signals. I can get an achievement from killing 1000s of a mob type but I am doing it wrong if I kill to many at once. Having been disabled for some time I have only been able to be gold ViA krono. I didn't charge for PL and now If I want to make plat I guess i will have to pull all of vald and reckless there. I just don't get how swarming is the problem and not the programming and server strength. I gotten 2 almost 3 aa in the last hour of kiting. Seems Id be better off swarming grey mobs to make plat and just pay other people to get me xp.
    Not trying to go all super negative, just frustrated. helpful suggestions welcome. also taking xp donations.
  14. Justjax New Member

it means they are throwing Ranger , Rogues and Zerkers under the bus with the Mages and SK's that have been causing all the Lag issues ! its bad enough that when `Justjax preforms a FATAL BOW SHOT ! that the mob in ? (lite blue max) (before patch) would drop from 99% to 70% health is just silly ! What part of Fatal doesn't mean dead ? Now they wanna/gonna add that it will only happen max 2 times a minute for Raid geared toons , /boogles So sad that after all these years , I for one will be looking elseware for my entertainment dollars .
  15. Nolrog Augur

People pull NGE out of there, well you know, every time SOE makes any change. This really diminishes the debacle that NGE really was.
    Barnwyr likes this.
  16. Nolrog Augur

And get about 8000 more AAs. But lets not mention that.
  17. Vobs99 New Member

Well... They actually went ahead with the nerfs and surprise surprise the servers are still as laggy as ever. 3 accounts cancelled , eq is no longer fun for me after this patch. Congrats on finally ruining Everquest after 14 years of being the best game ever. Maybe you should have done a poll before pushing this live to see if the players wanted the nerfs or not. Thousands of players posted on the forums and you took no notice... Shame on the devs pushing this live. R.I.P Everquest , died 19th Feb 2014 aged just 14 years.
    Mozzarella and duo13 like this.
  18. Tarrin Augur

After 14 years of playing EQ, what made it the best game ever is your ability to mass PL?

I am sorry that is all you got out of the game.

For those of us that do things other than sitting in the Grounds or Evantil decaping or beaming all day...the game is alive and kicking.
    Vobs99 likes this.
  19. Sobeit Journeyman

Ah, I remember the days when aa's were first introduced, peeps stated it was the end of Everquest! "Those mean Devs are just trying to slow us down so we won't get to max level so fast". "Aa's are a waste of time!"
    "I'm going to quit (that will show them)".
    In a few months, if SoE were to take the auto grant away..I BET folks will be up-in-arms and complaining about that.
    So my take is, just relax and see how it goes.
    Vobs99 likes this.
  20. Roxxanna Augur

I cant express how much I HATE what you have done to my cleric. Shining rampart is utterly useless now, and since you have split it into two buffs I have to watch, I often lose track of where they are since they bounce around as my buffs are wearing off and Im recasting. I am forced as a cleric to hunt lt blues, and shining rampart procs a useless 2-3 time a minute off of 6 mobs beating on me. and i dont know if you changed how ward works, but it isnt even worth casting anymore. So, thinking a large boost in aa would help me, i went gold and got them, guess what, it didnt help squat. I want you to explain to me, and I repeat I WANT YOU TO EXPLAIN TO ME, what im supposed to do, with everyone using mercs, no one wants a cleric, and youve made it painful to hunt by myself. Trying to watch my idiotic buff proc limit numbers, and my aura window, and my health, is giving me a headache. Its not even fun to hunt anymore.