NTTB potential changes?

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Daegun, Jan 15, 2014.

1. Marshall Maathers Augur

I guess it's not so much a potential change now. My initial hopes that Piestro would fill us in have been completely dashed.

I don't look forward to logging in today...
  2. Battleaxe Augur

You might be unaware that this is a feedback forum and not a developer explain yourself forum. Devs usually don't respond to threads. When they choose to make a statement (not we attempt to coerce them into posting a response) it's a statement and not an invitation to an open debate with them. They almost never debate.

It was explained - the dev said he didn't intend it to be up all the time. Players posting yes you did or but you should have doesn't necessarily make a dev change their response. And BTW what goes into the game or gets changed in the game, perhaps as a result of feedback or does not get changed despite feedback is a response. I don't like Heroic Characters. I'm smart enough to know when they show up in EQ (and they will) it's a clear as the noonday sun reply even if it's not directed at me.

And btw. Things that are in the game and not bugs a week before release don't change. There's a feature freeze - not every change request happens and those that might get prioritized with bugs having higher priority. Expecting something that was in the game a week before the release to not get /cough "pushed" live is less than optimally thoughtful. It's maybe useful when looking for further reason to behave indignantly but that's about it.
  3. Marshall Maathers Augur

Point me to the dev explanation you speak of, I'm not seeing one.
  4. Powerful Elder

Maybe not in this forum, but it was brought up in the Beta forums which is a feedback forum. They made the change without any kind of announcement during beta and failed to respond as to why the change was made when it was brought up. Its poor form for Sony to make a change to one of the better abilities the warrior class has seen in quite a while without any sort of discussion.
    Sinestra and Marshall Maathers like this.
  5. ArmyWarrior New Member

This is total BS, goes along with the stupidity of them taking our dual wield DPS though. Warriors are like the red headed step children of EQ.
  6. Marshall Maathers Augur

They have been opening up recently about intentions for nerfs such as necro DB nerf and what would have been the kiting nerf, which was a massive step in the right direction towards a proper quality of customer support.

Would be really nice to see something along those lines here
  7. Usullx Lorekeeper

That is not an explanation, that is slightly nicer way of saying, "because I said so."
  8. Sinestra Augur

Uhm, the DB nerf was really only "explained" after people complained enough. Before that it was completely ignored. Once enough complained they tried to save face by giving a different ability after they already messed it up. Keep complaining, maybe someone will notice.

By the way Battleaxe, Piestro isn't a Dev.
  9. Battleaxe Augur

Station Cash - because they said so
    Heroic Characters - because they said so

I can't find a developer response - I went by what several Warriors posting in this thread suggested in other threads/folders.

- Warrior - Changed the way No Time to Bleed Effect absorbs damage. It still absorbs the same amount of damage from spells or melee hits, but will no longer block other detrimental effects from landing. The duration of this effect can no longer be extended via AAs.

Is certainly a response to player feedback. It just fails to be a "Developer! Explain yourself!!" response. Nor is it a keep it the way it was response.

I agree btw that a Warrior with a fair amount of raid gear having issues in group content has more problems than NTtB getting fixed.

BTW, I made a suggestion if there's to be Warrior adjustments to account for knight mitigation + avoidance + combat self-healing advantages. I don't demand nor expect a developer response.
  10. Aonghas Elder

Along with a clear sentiment of "Who cares what you guys actually want anyways?"
    Sinestra and Marshall Maathers like this.
  11. Mozzarella Elder

It was finally becoming a pleasure to play my warrior again...
    Please revert No Time to Bleed to the way it was when CotF came out, having this last for a maximum of three minutes on a five minutes timer suddenly makes it painful to play this character as my main - don't make warriors more miserable than they already are, no wonder knights are all over the place.
  12. Daegun Augur

This graph is pretty much spot on. I do find it sad that the classes which initially had no defensive discs now have 3. The class which initially had one (and was supposed to be the only one to get it) still only has one. It be nice if the 3 tanks at least had the same number of discs.

Sigh ...
  13. Dre. Altoholic

There's a couple of bad labels on there.
    • NTTB+LS should say 5-6 mins
    • (Outside) Healing required
    Also I admit the 'Knight' line is oversimplified in terms of disc coverage, though active healing can smooth this one out.

Graph based on a theoretical 'trash' mob. Harder mobs will surely show FS soaking more than NTTB. As enemies become trivial, healing required approaches zero while NTTB is up or when Knight healing exceeds damage intake.
  14. Meethos New Member

I don't agree with this change either. We got a nice thing finally then taken away. its like when I got a pony, but the first time it had an accident in the living room, bam, it was glue factory time.
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  15. Repthor Augur

side note and info for anyone useing NTTB dont use it on anything that casts a spell or can hit for over 34100

cuz ull end up takeing more dmg then if u had an enchanter rune on you or a vie time spell aka adrenline surge or shining bastion

so if there any group name out there that cast any spell thats only 34100 dont use NTTB ull take more dmg then with it off cuz of the new stacking issue this change brough
  16. Brosa Augur

Well I can't respond to the glue factory idea but it I don't like the time reduction change. I don't like a change to it at all but specifically the time reduction. /ignore BB
  17. Bigstomp Augur

I havn't noticed it preventing less damage when it's up. I'm sure I'll notice it next week as we hit events it was maybe blocking bad stuff it shouldn't have.

I think they should either re-increase the duration though, or let it be extended again. It's main use was it was sustainable before, where it isn't now. Sure, one more ability to weave in and out of our other abilities, but unless they give us another sustainable ability, this one should be sustainable to make our mitigation close to what knights can do in a group for self healing (either via heals or taps)
  18. Marshall Maathers Augur

This caused a lot of significant problems for my raid team tonight. Extremely frustrating.
  19. Makavien Augur

There was never a response to this nerf . All there was ,was a pm to repthor about how he did not intend for it to be sustainable . When he directly said as the first line in beta when he added this disc . Intended to be a sustainable buff to smooth out the damage we take. My words may not be dead on other then the sustainable part. Next time if they even let me in beta again, not that it matters cause they don't listen. I will be putting every description they give us in a notepad for future reference. And yes I would love to have an ignore feature on this forum for that exact reason.

I guess he don't realize I am only in beta to see if our aa or discs and the itemization for our class is worth it and to test some tradeskills. Oh I also like to ask for ui upgrades like lines in hotkeys just for timers and chat. Revamp of the chat window into tabbed chat features and click on names/commands(/gu/raid/say/emotes/tells). Heck Aristo was on vacation most of the first beta and we barely had any feedback other then nttb being reduced to what it was before the recent nerf.
  20. Daegun Augur

The more I play with it in it's "new" state, the more it becomes obvious just how bad a change this was.

Ugh ...

Still waiting for a dev to come talk to us face to face about this.