NTTB potential changes?

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Daegun, Jan 15, 2014.

1. Daegun Augur

Anyone have any information? I hope they aren't reducing the hit counter or decreasing duration.
  2. doktartp Augur

How is it any different then what was openly beta tested and approved as a part of the tuning ?

I haven't heard anything bad from anyone about this, not even from my knight friends. (PVP people never count)
  3. Explicit Augur

Timer on beta is 3 minutes right now (for the love of god, I can't see how this breaches the NDA). This is a bad change and has nothing to do with original tuning. It is likely a mistake involving extended ingenuity, if it isn't then...l o l.

Don't see how knights would be involved in any fashion here.
  4. Kamea Augur

Not as important as the duration nerf, but they indirectly lowered the hit counter by adding a max absorbed rate. It's not a big hit, as it's equal to 500 max blocks.
  5. Bigstomp Augur

I'm sure it's a bug, just /bug it.
  6. Daegun Augur

Wasn't the hit count always 500? Or are you saying they've changed it so it can only work so often? As in not effecting every hit in a round of incoming damage?

I know in beta they dropped the amount blocked per hit because the original version was more than pretty overpowered.

If they dropped it from 5 to 3 minutes ... That's going to blow. In its current state it is precisely what warriors needed to help bring warriors up to snuff compared to knights. Even in its current state, my sk needs less healing by far thanks to 4 life taps on his spell bar and passive life tap procs via aa. If the warriors in current beta are not fighting this hard - you should be. Even though its presently no where bear overpowered, I'd gladly take a lower per hit block with a longer duration over a shorter duration higher block per hit.

The beauty of NTTB was a passive decrease to incoming per hit damage that could be kept up indefinitely in regular daily grouping. With aggressive multiple pulls you might run through the full hit counters. It really helped to take the sting out of being the only tank class who had no real means of sustainably refilling their own hp pools to ease the required input from healers.

Balls.

Balls balls balls ...
  7. Mykaylla Augur

No Time To Bleed Rk. III, current live version

[40002/15527] No Time to Bleed Rk. III
    Classes: WAR/96
    Skill: Defense
    Endurance: 860
    Target: Self
    Resist: Beneficial, Blockable: Yes
    Casting: 0s, Recast: 5m, Timer: 17
    1: SPA 374 Base1=100 Base2=40005 Max=0 Calc=100 --- Cast: No Time to Bleed Effect III
    Your superior conditioning allows you to toughen your skin, absorbing damage from each incoming attack.
    [40005/15527] No Time to Bleed Effect III
    Casting: 0s
    Duration: 3m (30 ticks), Extendable: Yes, Dispelable: No
    3: SPA 163 Base1=600 Base2=0 Max=3416 Calc=100 --- Absorb 600 Hits or Spells, Max Per Hit: 3416
    Text: You don't have time to bleed.

No Time To Bleed Rk. III, current beta version

[40002/15527] No Time to Bleed Rk. III
    Classes: WAR/96
    Skill: Defense
    Endurance: 860
    Casting: 0s, Recast: 5m, Timer: 17
    1: SPA 374 Base1=100 Base2=40005 Max=0 Calc=100 --- Cast: No Time to Bleed Effect III
    Your superior conditioning allows you to toughen your skin, absorbing damage from each incoming attack.
    [40005/15527] No Time to Bleed Effect III
    Casting: 0s
    Duration: 3m (30 ticks), Extendable: No, Dispelable: No
    Max Hits: 600 Incoming Hits Or Spells
    6: SPA 162 Base1=100 Base2=3416 Max=1708000 Calc=100 --- Absorb Melee Damage: 100%, Max Per Hit: 3416, Total: 1708000
    8: SPA 161 Base1=100 Base2=3416 Max=1708000 Calc=100 --- Absorb Spell Damage: 100%, Max Per Hit: 3416, Total: 1708000
    Text: You don't have time to bleed.

Bolded the most significant parts.

Ordinarily, I would remove the SPA info because it's more than a lot of people are interested in, but the SPAs used are significant in this case. SPA 163, the currently-used live version SPA, is the one used for pet Aegis-type abilities, Monk Impenetrable/Earthforce, and the relatively new cleric spell Ward of Certitude. SPA 162 is the vie SPA, used for the cleric Vie and Shining lines, druid Adrenaline line, paladin Protective, knight Mantle/Carapace/Armour discs, Brace for Impact, warrior BP clickies, and so on. SPA 161 is the spell guard SPA, as used by enchanter and wizard spells, Geomantra, Mark of the Mage Hunter, cleric Third Spire, and the like.

As has been pointed out, the total absorption value only adds up to 500 hits at this amount, not the 600 of the ability's cap.
  8. Dre. Altoholic

The description for NTTB in the CotF beta forums specifically used the word 'Sustainable'. The buff timer and refresh never matched this, but the disc was allowed to extend with Extended Ingenuity AA to the ~5min duration we're all used to.

The current version on live is 3 minutes extend. IMO this duration is too short, regardless of what the disc's duration is on beta. 5min refresh 6min duration would be truly 'Sustainable' like it was intended to be. The hit counter on the disc already prevents it from being exploitable.

An ability designed to be sustainable should be exactly that, not require other abilities to make it so.
  9. Explicit Augur

I will admit I basically know nothing about SPA...so what does this mean here?
  10. Explicit Augur

11. juddor Elder

havent seen any feedback from devs on beta forum about this yet
  12. aspit Journeyman

Back to useless. Maybe well get a 50% dps boost! But hey at least they fixed plane of sky....
  13. Explicit Augur

Patched on to Test now, yippie!
  14. Ravengloome Augur

Its a major slap in the face to warriors IMO, and It makes me as a knight a little fearful somehow they are going to "rebalance" us to bring us down to warrior tanking levels... Making easy content harder through nerfs is not the same thing as making harder/higher quality content. Apparently they never got that memo.
    Mozzarella likes this.
  15. Drathos_BotS Elder

Soe giveth and they taketh away. Now that extended ingenuity does not affect it so it will only last three minutes it is a huge blow to warriors especially group warriors. Complete absurd to have changed it. It put warriors on equal terms with knights tanking group content. Just boggles the mind every time warriors get something to further being the big tank it gets nerfed. Bu at least we had it for a little while.
  16. Dre. Altoholic

Fun while it lasted. Maybe I should post another "what to box with..." thread. My Bard/Mage boxes need a new friend!
  17. sojuu Augur

I know the nerf sucks but maybe can ask for hasten AAs for it?
    moogs likes this.
  18. sojero One hit wonder

So in theory now with SPA 161 attached to it, will it prevent cleric third spire from landing while it is running?
  19. Mykaylla Augur

It will still land as they are different slots, but it will not have a cumulative stacking effect, nor will it have a cumulative effect with any other abilities that use the same SPA.

That's actually pretty significant. Effects that mitigate the damage received from a source have their own priority listing- for example, when it comes to melee mitigation on someone with a rune and a vie, shielding (the mod2) alters the incoming damage first, then runes (SPA 55), then vies. A lot of people would think that the vie, which mitigates only part of the damage, comes first, but it does not.

I have not had enough time lately to do a lot of testing on the "stack" order of spell mitigation with No Time To Bleed and spell guards, because it is problematic to test (and using PVP in arena isn't a good solution for that), but whether NTTB comes off first or spell guard, you have one of two situations:

1. NTTB comes off first. You take a 30K nuke. Spell shielding reduces that to 19500. NTTB reduces that to 16084. Mark of the Mage Hunter then reduces that to 12063.
    2. Spell guard comes off first. You take a 30K nuke. Spell shielding reduces that to 19500. Mark of the Mage Hunter reduces that to 14625. NTTB then reduces that to 11209.

That is as it currently stands.

With the change, you will not benefit from both, you will only benefit from NTTB (100% mitigation will take precedent over 25% mitigation, even if the 25% mitigation will work out higher due to the base value- it's one of the fun things with these two SPAs, and is why for the melee counterpart, druid and paladin vie recourses kept knocking off cleric Shining Rampart, regardless of the other elements to the spell or the lack of a total mitigation cap on shining). Whichever way the order goes, that's a pretty significant increase in damage that you'll take on abilities from named et cetera. Notice that even before this nerf takes place, it's not like it whittles the damage down to nothing, just less... and mitigating is what warriors do.
    Mozzarella likes this.
  20. Repthor Augur

you know warriros . some how we deserv to have less Effective HP then the others tanks its how this game works . beeing a warrior this is our curse