Quest Freedom: Grohlok the Tyrant

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by interstellarmatter, Dec 14, 2013.

1. interstellarmatter New Member

Just coming back to EQ, so was trying out the progression Merc quests and I'm stuck on Grohlok. I keep getting him to 70% and he becomes invulnerable. After about 10 or 20 secs, he stands back up at 100%. It says that he's summoning friends but nothing comes. Is he broken? I've tried to FD and reset the event but the same thing happens.
  2. Mykaylla Augur

Don't reset it- he is meant to become invulnerable, heal himself to full and go active again.

He is supposed to summon a shaman add when he does this- it may be spawning somewhere funny if you're not seeing it, but it's not necessary to kill them to complete the task. He should turn invulnerable twice, and about a minute later, heal up and go live again, then you can kill him.

Good luck!
  3. Creat New Member

Grohlok is broken, repeatedly healing to full around ~70% an apparently infinite number of times. I've done this quest in the last month without problems, but since the recent patch we can't progress due to this issue. In the most recent encounter a few moments ago, no adds spawned despite emote, and we engaged him at least 15-20 times before calling it quits. We all left the zone. We tried again, engaging him in different places to see if there was just some location problem. Same problem, still persisting.

We had a hard time getting him to pop as well, clearing a significant portion of the dungeon past the point where we had already gotten to the 'Kill Grohlok' step. It's rather sad to have our time wasted above and beyond the 2.5 hours we spent just trying to get him to pop.
  4. Havoc99 New Member

Yes the same has been happening to me as well.
  5. Chandrok Augur

After looking into this, an issue was found with spawning Grohlok, and Grohlok spawning his adds. Both issues have been fixed internally and will go out to live servers in the next update.
  6. Willie New Member

I found out how to kill him even tho hes broken. I got a dps merc to attk him and when he goes invulnerable id use my AE vicious spiral to make his two lil guys appear. once they are dead i had to let the merc beat him down or he would freeze at 70% and be unkillable.
  7. Willie New Member

Hey chandrok any idea when that will be? There is a mission called safe passage thats completely broken also. you cant even enter it and its needed to finish void progression.
  8. Filatal Augur

To clarify, is this broken since the last patch? There were many changes to SoD progression and Safe Passage, which was notoriously "difficult" for years, had several updates to make it more doable.
  9. Willie New Member

since last patch. when you say ready to the guy to go in he tells you that you havent a reason to go in.
  10. interstellarmatter New Member

Thanks for the update!

I ended up skipping this progression theme and moved on to Bloody Kithicor. "Safe Passage" is also bugged. I do not have the screen in front of me so I do not have the exact message. When I tried to talk to the guy to enter the instance, I got a red message and he would not transport me. I tried with a various number of people in the group.

So, now I'm onto Field of Scale. I know that I can skip them but just wanted to do the whole progression.
  11. Chandrok Augur

Safe passage has also been fixed internally. Sorry for the trouble.
  12. Willie New Member

Not fixed yet, im still not allowed into mission as i am trying right now.
  13. Willie New Member

Still broken.
  14. Filatal Augur

When Chandrok says internally, that means it won't go live until the next patch ( assuming it needs the servers down ) or next hot fix ( if the data can be updated on the fly ). I don't know which this is, but you will likely need to find something else to do for awhile. With the holidays, my best guess is we won't see another patch until after the new year.
  15. Brudal Augur

Willie, the next update hasn't happened yet.
  16. Uxtalzon Augur

Grohlok is hacking!

I just recently did this task, twice I think. First time it went smoothly. Second time, he was hackin' and wouldn't stay down. How dare he live longer in combat than a paladin. I flipped the switch and hit all my abilities to DPS and hoped I could nail him hard enough to trigger a finishing blow. Think it took three feigns from him, but I got it. Just barely.

But yeah, bring a berserker or ranger (if headshot works) and that can be a workaround.
  17. LichAncelmo New Member

Ya, still can't get into the instance for Safe Passage on Xegony. Bleh, it's all i have left to get J3 merc.
  18. LlusrooclericAB New Member

I have tried this quest many times last time was 16/12/13 at 20.00 hrs gmt approx and changing all group cenarios we all get the red emote quoting " the way is blocked but if you had a reason to come here this is from scout fathim who is supposed to port us to the instance..?? Pls help
  19. Uxtalzon Augur

Your name suggests Antonius Bayle... sadly you're the red-headed step-child of all the servers. Instances are just one of the problems you guys are experiencing. /comfort /pat /massage :3

It's possible Grohlok is losing aggro and resets, and going invulnerable means he won't notice you swinging at him. If you're a melee class, I might suggest disarming/taunting and just swinging away at him and ignoring the adds if possible... though it just looks like he just broke upon the last update to SoD content.