Time Locked Reset Progression // New Server.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Vadaael, Nov 5, 2013.

1. Vadaael Journeyman

It is my dream Sony reads this information or enough players respond positively that Sony can see this is something we want.

I Would like to push for a New Time Locked Progression server. One that stats with Vanilla and Kunark spending some time (unknown) before Velious is introduced. At that point a minimum of one year (debatable) is spent before any voting to increase the expansions.

Sony, I wouldn't be against paying an extra 15 dollars a month (ontop of my gold membership fee) for access to this type of server. I believe there are others out there with me, those that played the game, and loved the game 1999 and early 2000 and still many years later we are wishing you continued down this path.
    leadv0cal likes this.
  2. Raptorjesus5 Augur

So basically exactly the same as the servers that are up now?
    Hawklight Yandli likes this.
  3. bodhi New Member

I still stop by here often with hopes for a new TLP server. I guess it's just going to take much longer than I thought it would. I thought there might be some news of one in the works last winter and then again this July. I'm right there with ya fingers crossed and I hope we get one ..... eventually.
  4. Requeim New Member

I check this forum myself at least a couple times a week hoping for a new progression server.
  5. Jsivart New Member

^^ I agree
  6. leadv0cal New Member

We could definately do with a new progression server
  7. Pigskin Journeyman

I also drop by every now and then hoping for a new server

yes these threads are possibly beating a dead horse

but what I have never been able to understand is why can't somebody in authority just drop by once a month and say ... "no server for at least x long"

would take 1 minute to answer the constant questions
  8. sedain New Member

they would almost have to make it so that to join the server you have to have a paying subscription, I would still play. I think they would make more off of potion sales than the subscriptions even though the server would be packed..

as far as why they don't? who knows..
  9. Flitz New Member

I get the impression that most people who want to play tlp servers are mainly interested in the early exspations (Velios, Luclin might be wrong.) Why not have a server that resets every year? If people want to keep there char's they can transfer them to another server. Just a thought.

Agree with Pigskin.
  10. Machen New Member

You get that impression because there is a vocal minority pushing for it. Fippy and Vulak had the option to stay at those expansions though, and the majority of the players voted to progress to the later expansions. So there may be a significant group that would love a classic server, or a reset once a year server, but it's probably not "most people."
    Hawklight Yandli likes this.
  11. Flitz New Member

Didn't realise there it would have been possible Fippy and Vulak to stay at those expansions, due to that fact thet SoE pushed thru one or two later ones.

With regard to a once a year reset, they could have one server that did this and possibly another one that went thru all the expansions. Yet I'm not sure what sort of effect this would have on player distrebution between the two servers.

Would be good to hear SoE's view on this.....:rolleyes:
  12. liveitup1216 Augur

You do realize that once the servers pushed past where the "vocal minority" wanted to be the servers died, right?

What a crazy coincidence.
  13. Nakander Journeyman

I'm also waiting for a new Timelock server. I would reactivate my account if one launched and I speak for 6 others that would do likewise.
  14. Konasavage New Member

Which server is further behind, i am DLing the game again as I go through withdrawal periods.
  15. Machen New Member

Except that isn't what happened at all.

Fippy had a very strong population up until Prophecy of Ro. There was only a very small, steady decline between Kunark and DoDH/PoR. I don't know why you guys assume that just because you left the server must have died, but it didn't at all--there were plenty new people coming over from live to replace you as quickly as you left.

For that matter, the server is still not dead. Although our population isn't as high as it used to be, it's still a healthy population with quite a few guilds continuing to progress.
    Sinestra likes this.
  16. Machen New Member

Sony never pushed through anything. There was one expansion (LDON) that opened without a vote, but aside from that every single expansion has been unlocked by voting. Now whether we can have confidence the voting system actually works, that's open to debate, but at least it showed passing votes for every expansion unlock.
  17. Avitaway New Member

Would love to see a new Progression Server, I was playing Fippy then moved home after it being open for 9 months, by the time I got the internet back (it took 6 months!) I was far behind other players :( I also keep an eye on this regular and hope that soon a new server will launch.
  18. Ryan Depping New Member

ya if they released a new one id be scrambling to reactivate :/ as it is the breaks i took(unwillingly..) put me too far behind to make it worth payin for.
  19. Devol New Member

I also stop by every now and then, seeing if there is any news of a new Progression server. I was a bit late in hearing about Fippy and Vulak, so I want to be ready to go, if they do announce a new TLP.

I fear that we are indeed beating a dead horse, but I want to hope. There are changes I would like to see to the TLP format, but I would still gladly sub and start on a new TLP server.
  20. Flitz New Member

Here's an idea for the pot.

If no one knows what would work/be successful in the way of some sort of classic/tlp server why not have a test server for it? :p