Where to level ? =)

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Mrkek, Sep 12, 2013.

1. Mrkek Journeyman

Hi all.

Just returned and playing 85 sk, 84 sham, 80 mag.

I use 1 healer merc and 2 meele dmg mercs.

This works very well with the shammy dmg procs so the dps seems to be ok.

I Went to tosk ( Reading almars guides ) and have been killing for some 2 hours the Deep blue /White con mobs. The exp bar moved like 1/6 of a bar on the SK.

I dont plan on speedleveling but this was pretty depressing counting the mobs I killed.

Should I head somewhere else? Do I use to many mercs?

I remember 3 boxing old man McKenzie but rather not head there hehe =)

Any hints what I can improve to level up somewhat easier. I would like to hit 92 pretty fast to equip that bazaar gear and then start to work on the later expansions.

Thx
  2. Borek-VS Augur

Do the Franklin Teek daily hot zone quests; they give a lot of exp. At 85 with a box set, you should be doing the 80, 85 and consider the 2 90 quests. Mercs do take exp, so try the 80 (and maybe 85) quests without them.
  3. Mrkek Journeyman

Can you do all of those the same day ?
  4. Borek-VS Augur

Yes, you can. Just grab them all at the start. One thing that I often do is grab a set, wait 24 hours (I think the timer is 20 hours, might be 18), then do the set, grab another set, and complete them; then repeat 24 hours later. That way I am only running around for the hot zone dailies every other day.
  5. Mrkek Journeyman

Thx Borek !

2 more questions.

Can I use lotd as bonus on questexp still?

and

If I have mercs in Group when I complete the quest, I suppose they do NOT take any exp from the reward since its a questreward exp, right.
  6. Mrkek Journeyman

I was to low level to get the 90 quest and to low to get the 85 but could do 80 on 3box.
  7. Borek-VS Augur

You can usually accept the 5 levels above quests; I'm not sure how far above you can go.

In general, exp bonuses aren't applied to quest experience although there could be some exceptions; and the reward is personal, and isn't shared with other group members. For exp purposes, mercs behave almost exactly like players - they count towards getting full exp from a kill, they enable leadership exp, they share kill exp, and they count towards the group bonus. They just don't count for the player only group bonus.
  8. Sebbina Augur

You do need to be - in the range - to get the higher task, 86 for the 90s, 81 for the 85, and the only thing that boosts the Xp on Teek tasks is Bonus XP days. Still they are a nice XP or AA boost, and a change from previous hot zone tasks as the old reward was 2kpp for the level 85 task.
  9. Dabrixmgp Augur

Do HoT or Feerrott quests and farm named for Abstruse armor. Then move to grounds.
  10. silku Augur

You have to be 86 to get the 90, we found that out the other day. So I'm guessing it's within 4 levels of the quest level. (90->86, 85->81 etc.)
  11. Mrkek Journeyman

Any certain tasks/missions in House of Thule that would be easier?

And Think my SK can tank the named t1 bosses ? About 35 k buffed and 1 k AA's ( yes I need to cacth up ).
  12. Uxtalzon Augur

You'd need to catch up, but House of Thule courtyard may be doable (outside the house with snakes and rotdogs). I'd avoid named unless you're willing to chance it, more power to you if you do.

HoT is great for one thing - task reward stacking. Collect the no-drop items from mobs all over the zone and do that Erudite's quest of making potions. I think there's four of them to do, and the items are pre-lootable. You can get the tasks and do 'em as you go, or do as I did and hoard like a stack of every piece and get all the tasks and finish them all at once. BUT!

Don't claim the rewards just yet. I think it's a four hour cool-down before you can get it again. I save up 10 rewards, hit Lesson of the Devoted or XP potion, then watch as you bathe in experience. Then you'd still have 30 minutes to go kill or even go do the potion tasks yet again if they're available to do again.

There's also a froggy at the entrance who gives kill tasks for certain mobs, and there's no timer on them. Don't be afraid to ask for any rotting remnants (Abstruse armor component) because many players often do. A lot of HoT gear that drops is also all/all and very cheap in bazaar, usually.
  13. Mrkek Journeyman

Can you tell me more of that Erudites quest? Where is the npc and so? name, so I can read up on it.

Thx
  14. Jitar Elder

Yes 4 levels under at lowest to do HZ. You can request as many as you want of different levels until you complete one then you're locked out for 16 hours.

I'm not sure about normal quests but potions and Lotd dont work on HZ quests. Double XP does though.