Preorder Expansions taken away then deleveled

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Mulleteer, Sep 12, 2013.

1. Sinestra Augur

It's very amusing how poor the English language has become. I see little to no "raging" in the thread. I guess now the common usage of rage has been lowered to the meaning of just complaining.
    Veridic, Edrick, Leerah and 1 other person like this.
  2. Rohllin New Member

This kind of explains everything. To all the consistent forum goer's that are saying they're enjoying the raging and things along those lines, I am by no means angry and slamming my desk and saying "Oh, im canceling my pre-order!". I am of course irritated that I have put time and money into an account to get to a point, and I was enjoying the game. I, of course, keep all my old items for a while to make sure something treacherous wont happen (-gasp!-) so I am not missing any gear or anything from the changes. Yes, I now have 2 bags full of gear I cannot use until the expansion releases, but thats different.

The thing that gets me the most about this, is as a returning player (I have been gone since Seeds), everyone that frequents forums expects me to delves into the depths and search for Sony telling me "Hey, if you preorder, you dont get the other expansions until the new one releases!". I did some searching and found several threads asking "Hey, I pre-ordered and got VoA or RoF right now, was that supposed to happen?". Maybe that should have been my red flag. But Sony's response yesterday to just de-level everyone who benefitted, without an announcement, MOTD, anything, and expect us to know why is fairly aggravating. I can understand the ragers, and I can understand the oldies that have hung around and are smugly chuckling at their computer at us.

I expect Sony to make some sort of reparations for this, of course, because it was a scumbag thing to do. I use scumbag for a lack of better description, but it seems good for the point.

I will go to playing my lower leveled alt, and wait for the changes to be made. I might as well get some use of the Krono that is burning away on my account. :(
  3. Piestro Augur

There's no conspiracy, we didn't know as a company until yesterday. We missed it. It happens.

Waiting so more people are affected would be the worst kind of stupidity. "Let's piss people off on purpose for no gain, and lose customers" is not our idea of a good strategy.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  4. Sinestra Augur

I apologize if I made it sound like you all did it purposely. I meant in that comment that even you stated you didn't know about it, and it has been shown numerous times that it was mentioned numerous times.

To most people at the time, that would have looked like it was either okay, or no one cared that much.
  5. Shleprok New Member

I just got a response to my open ticket saying that the way they are going to handle this is to freeze my gold time if I want leaving me standing in a bunch of gear that I can't use. GG
  6. gcubed Augur

I hope you realize that you have no proof of your allegation, nor would there be any way to disprove it. Just as there would be no way to prove an allegation that you knowingly and willfully exploited the situation, nor would you have a way to disprove it.

You pretty much have a choice in life. You can believe in the goodwill of others, or accept that others believe you have none.
  7. wingz-83 Augur

I do not have this problem but let me help with the bolded.
    1) You do not have VOA/ROF and pay a monthly sub.
    2) You pre-ordered CotF and volia, 20/20. Your toon starts to get xp for 91+ and you get aa's.
    3) This goes on for days (not hours, not just a week) and no response that anything is out of the ordinary.
    4) You upgrade your armor /aas etc.
    5) The fix is in to remove access and you're down to 18/20.
    6) It could be a month + before CotF is released who really knows.
    7) You log in to find your toon with all unequippable gear because your toon has been backed down to 90 and aa's are gone (usually when you get a level above for aa and de-level the whole aa line is useless i believe until you get your level again.
    8) You are still being charged for your gold sub while people are just saying "wait till cotf releases and you'll get your stuff back" whenever that will be lol.

So now you got a 90 toon geared out with gear not able to be used until CotF is used, meanwhile SOE is taking your money for the gold sub for your account/toon that cannot be pratically used until CotF is released.

Hopefully this helped you understand the issue, if not ..meh
    Sinestra likes this.
  8. Leerah Augur

There were claim items? What?
    Sineryen likes this.
  9. Eskay New Member

This i would also like to know, as i've received nothing from /claim for the preorder.
    I have received a naked toon with disabled AAs though, what a deal!
    Sineryen likes this.
  10. Liliana Augur

Sounds like people got a nice headstart then for when they pay for the content they mistakenly had early access to
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  11. CaptAmazing Augur

Seriously? Some professor somewhere at some point should use this fiasco to illustrate what not to do in business.
    FVRules likes this.
  12. Liliana Augur

people in guild chat claimed they were able to claim items from the preorder and then cancel and yet still keep the items. Im guessing they were talking about VoA/RoF items because there are no CoTF items available yet.
  13. Havenbrook Journeyman

My 2 cents on this matter. I logged in after getting 94 (when i preorderd on day of release on aug 24th). Sept 12th was the day I logged in to do my dailys and found i was level 90. I contacted support to be told that there was a "error" on their side and that the preorder was not supposed to give access to VoA and RoF.

While i do understand companies make mistakes like this all the time, and correct them all the time, I feel that 2+ weeks of this "error" then fixing it, seems very negative towards the returning players who are coming to play because of EQ:Next.

If this had been corrected with in 24-48 hours, i feel that would have been ok, but again 2 weeks plus, allowing people to do dailys and level, etc, makes them think this is intended. Then rolling the audience of returning players back to level 90 by removing ROF and VoA Flagging, does not seem like the "right thing to do" for the customer.

This could play out in two ways.
    A: The cool company option: "Yea, we made a mistake, it was our fault, but we arnt losing money, and we are still going to get all the money from the preorders. We might even get more people buying SC or subs because of this now! But either way, we shouldnt hinder our customers progress since we let them have it for 2 weeks, let them keep it until release, if they cancel, then remove the VoA and RoF flag.

B: The standard uncaring company, who doesnt care about customers: "Sorry about that, lets fix this. Sorry that we have you dont have access anymore to voa and rof, if we lose you as a customer, well thats ok because we dont care, and we have other games and other loyal customers."

I returned to EQ1 because of EQ:Next, and the announcement. I also played everquest for 7 or 8 years, even before Sony bought EQ from Verant. I also played EQ2 when it went free to play, and I quit EQ2 becasue of the gold membership. I had got DoV expansion as a gift from a friend, got pristege gear, and the whole 9 yards, only to have it run out and render my character completely uselss with out FURTHER effort or real money to fix this.

Unfortunately, if this is not fixed by Sony, allowing me to continue progressing with my 94 berserker (which mind you, has no gear now because of it being 92+, and losing all 90+ aa's) then i will be forced to resign, and see SoE as a company whom does not believe in doing what is right for the customer, even when the issue is on their end.

Furthermore, I will not be playing EQ:Next if this happens. I will be more then willing to take my business over to Zenimax and Bethesda and play Elder Scrolls Online, or even go to NCsoft and play one of their MMO's.

I hope that SoE makes the right desision as a company and for their customers. Sony, you have left a bad taste in many peoples mouth about the way you do business, you have an opportunity to make this right, I urge you to do so. Please do not think that Im out to get "free stuff". That is not what this is about, this is about not screwing over your returning player base, or players whom do not own VoA and Rof, and have zero intrest in spending 100 or more dollars on getting caught up on expansions.
    Leerah likes this.
  14. Eskay New Member

The preorder didn't add any items to the claim window.
    Leerah likes this.
  15. Kapone New Member

i just recently came back to play, i was told you always get the prior expansion when a new one comes out so i just went ahead and bought cotf figuring thats how it was.. leveled to 94 and replaced all my gear.. just grant it, and absorb your loss like we all have to do at our jobs, instead of running this game like a bunch of gypsies..can you just give me ring of fear and voa, i dont even want cotf anymore..
  16. wingz-83 Augur

If you call having a gearless toon with aa lines that won't work until a magical release of an expansion date a "headstart" then yes you are correct. As someone on the test server that gets all expansions free I don't expect you to really comprehend the issue.
    beryon, Sineryen and Leerah like this.
  17. Leerah Augur

Piestro didn't know because he was prob. part of the layoffs that we're not allowed to talk about. We're just happy to have a real player back in charge. SOE, with its constant belt-tightening, trying to do more with less, has crippled development, betas and customer service. The only thing those morons at the top understand is lost revenues. And I doubt that what we pay in means that much to their overall bottom line. But if you have Sony stock, sell it!
  18. Kapone New Member

i feel like they did this, just to goof the numbers to make everquest like a still profitable business, im sure once sony finds out that eq has been goofing the numbers, they'll cut all those jobs.. ill believe otherwise if can play my toon sometime today.
  19. Leerah Augur

Imagines Piestro in the meeting- not only allowed, but required. to be checking the forums as they talk. :)
  20. pewpewpewkittens New Member

Hrmm ... did you not see his posts earlier in this very thread?

Uh, what? Are you talking about McQuiad? Cause he was never "back in charge", and he's already departed SOE again.