Paladin AE agro

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Obiwon, May 22, 2013.

1. Obiwon Elder

Am I missing something? My pally is only 91, but still using group heal for my only real AE agro recourse.

Not a real quick or efficient means when group gets adds. My pally doesn't raid, just mostly a pretty well equipped, decently aa'd, group tank, but end up playing him quite a bit jus due to requests.
  2. Riou EQResource

Beacon of the Righteous AA is our AE aggro ability, it's decent but should be faster
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  3. Obiwon Elder

I bought this aa I overlooked (God knows how) the same day you told me about it, both levels basically as soon as I got home that night.

What do you guys feel about its effectiveness. I frankly, figured it would be very effective, but I find when there are multiple adds, it does not always seem to draw the agro in and by itself. Example, we with a very fast group in Grounds last night (hot zone now, so everyone was 87-95), and I had two observations with this aa:

1) I would use it and it would not always draw the adds to me (50/50) and I would end up using group heal anyway
    2) refresh on it was a bit slow and seemed to use an awful lot of endurance.

Maybe it was the group as we were pulling 2's (one often rooted) or so on purpose to keep a mob in camp. Found my self really fighting to maintain agro, although a 2 in the group had a couple levels on me.
  4. Qbert Gallifreyan

It's nice enough, but the aggro is so low it's not that powerful. The hastening line you get access to later helps in the refresh category.

It doesn't use any endurance or mana, so I'm not sure what you were fighting, but you weren't losing endurance to this aa.
  5. shiftie Augur

the aggro isn't front loaded it is more of an aggro over time thing. The front end aggro has been improved since inception but still meh.

Your best bet on aggro is still going to be switching targets and casting on multiple mobs, once you have that locked you can usually get by with ripo aggro and self healing for aggro.
  6. Agrippa Augur

The range of beacon is also laughable. They basically have to be dead on top of you for it to be effective.
  7. Mykaylla Augur

Have you camped a Magmatic Deflector from Arthicrex? Using it in a one-two aggro punch of Beacon then shield click should help you with getting those adds hitting you.
    Romance, Keshua and Uxtalzon like this.
  8. Obiwon Elder

Hmm, newp, didn't know about that one. I missed 2nd half of SOD, all of UF and a few months of HOT due to an unscheduled vacation (LOL). Done quite a bit of UF since, including Arthicrex, helping a friend with his shawl quest mostly on my drood. Looks interesting enough to go back and have some fun in zone.
  9. krozman Augur

Get a rune proc 1handed weapon. Best AE agro you'll ever get outside of the AA. There is also a type 4 rune proc you can purchase from the venders in Brell's Rest for gold coins that will do the trick for any weapon you happen to be wielding. But otherwise what everyone else said.
  10. Ratheden New Member

Yup agreed, got one. It's tier 2 HOT, so need a new one, but not sure what there is available in VOA and pally is not 92 yet. If you know of a good one to farm in either let me know. My pally does not raid. Mostly my group toon.
  11. Uxtalzon Augur

There are no amount of snuggles I can offer for this information. I know where I'm spending some hours!
    Keshua likes this.
  12. Keshua Journeyman

You have a lot of choices, actually. Wasn't sure if your pally is silver or gold member, so I'll include both prestige and non-prestige here.

RoF choices
    Crushing Aegis of Dawn (T1 - non-prestige)
    Force of Two (T2 - prestige)
    Indomitable Chopper (T3 - prestige)

VoA choices
    Kalkek's Warhammer (T1 - non-prestige)
    Reaver of the Deep (T2 - non-prestige)
    Warmace of the High Guard (T3 - prestige)
    Graven Grave-Glaive (T4 - prestige)

As a silver member the best you can get is the Crushing Aegis of Dawn, but the named is a bit rough. His AE goes off every time he is hit with a detrimental spell so killing him can be fun. Actually that's the best you'll be able to use at 92 anyway - can't use T4 VoA until 95 or T2 RoF until 98. If you want a weapon to use until you hit 92 maybe go for Kalkek's Warhammer. It's a decent weapon and the camp is easy. :)
  13. Tomal-Luclin New Member

Magmatic Deflector, I have been using my decap zerker to murder the entrance point in Arthicrex and killed maybe 500 mobs so far and and no shield drop. Has anyone seen this drop recently or would I be better off doing the mission. I usually hate doing missions due to the group request requirement. I find it more fun to mass murder anyway. Any suggestions?
  14. Retro Elder

I've gotten mine from the mission chest and seen it rot in it, but it was a decent task when UF was current. It has a 6 hour lockout so id run the task quick then do some killing =/ . You just need one box 85+ if you are 100 and pop a merc for the task. Free account cleric box isnt bad for a paladin.
  15. shiftie Augur

The first time I camped it and got it to drop I slaughtered out by the east farm because it was current content in UF and I was soloing so I wanted a low concentration of mobs. That took me quite a long while If I remember correctly.

The next time I camped it I just simply did the mission over and over till it dropped which was far less painful, however with headshot and the like it would probably be easy to just slaughter the zone /shrug.
  16. Eaiana Augur

I got my Magmatic Deflector from the Arthicrex mission chest. I also managed to drop one from the goos in the Arthicrex trench while I was getting drops for my shawl. This one went to a guildmate.