PoShadows ninja tune up

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kelefane, Apr 23, 2013.

1. Luft Elder

You can do the event with zero adds. It's just that, I believe it was mentioned during beta testing, that it was a bug that they were working on to force you to take at least 1 add.
  2. Axxius Augur

Your head will explode when you learn the mechanic.

This is not sarcasm.
  3. Luft Elder

RoI does not zerg anything. The closest we ever came to zerging anything was the serverwide first kill of Xorbb 1. I doubt MS zergs anything either.

If you actually think that either of those 2 guilds goes into an event and goes OKAY GUISE READY THE REZ STICKS LETS GOOO then you would be horribly mistaken.
    Elricvonclief and Ronak like this.
  4. Axxius Augur

In this case I mean 'zerg' as in 'overpower with brute force', as opposed to 'win by avoiding unnecessary damage'.

We learned the PoS event on beta on our own and submitted a whole lot of feedback, including asking for more serious consequences for failing event mechanics. I'm glad to see that at least some of it was accepted. You are welcome. :p
  5. Ronak Augur

Yes, I have heard if you tank Luclin on a far wall, and use a ranger standing at max bow range to pop vessels you don't have to deal with the adds. I just didn't think that was intended given statements made in beta, so we didn't do it that way either.
    Qwestwic and Luft like this.
  6. Axxius Augur

Nope. And Nope. :p You can keep guessing until your lockout expires. Then you'll find it the 1st try now that you know that it's out there.
  7. Luft Elder

ohyou.gif
  8. Ronak Augur

I don't know what your problem is, but neither myself nor anyone in my guild, or ROI, has said a single thing about your guild, and we never will. Neither ROI nor MS zerged anything.

Because you tested Shadows raid without a developer, you believe you know everything (again). But, you don't (again).
    Sinestra likes this.
  9. Axxius Augur

Fair enough. It's just that the people from the top 2 guilds in this thread (and the Xorbb one) seem convinced that the way they do events is the one and only correct way. Examples are right above. They've 'established that it's not a fail mechanic'! I don't claim to know everything but I can tell you that in our 2 PoS kills we've had a grand total of 3 of the aforementioned adds, and that was 100% our own fault for somebody not paying attention.

Just wait till your lockout expires, start the event and take a minute or two at 70% to look closely into that mechanic. There is no real point in arguing until you see it for yourself.
  10. Elegist Elder

OK, here's what happened: Originally, the NPCs in the raid had a relative value (index to a table of stats we use when tuning NPCs) that was lower than intended. I had hoped to patch this fix as quickly as possible, but I was unable to get it out there until some guilds had already completed the raid. For this reason, my changes didn't have accompanying patch notes. Basically, the biggest difference is the damage output of the adds.

You can avoid spawning adds from the orbs in many cases. They are meant to be punishing if you don't do everything you can to prevent spawning them. I do agree, though, that they are hitting a bit too hard, and I'll look into reducing them soon. And this time there will be a patch message about it :)
  11. Hatsee Augur

12. Ronak Augur

I notice that does not say all cases.

Did you also notice that Shadow of Luclin now does about 3 x the AE rampage damage as she did on day one? It's not a big deal, you can avoid it, just curious.
  13. Luft Elder

Basically all I care about, thanks Elegist.
    From a personal standpoint I'd say between 26-30k would be good. It could still round anyone who's not a tank but it shouldn't evaporate tanks at that value in a second.
  14. Axxius Augur

Oh yeah, 44k ae rampage hits on the 2nd kill was a bit of a surprise. Dunno if that one was intended or not.

There is still pretty much no punishment for failing her emotes though. I'd rather see her emote AEs upped but ae ramp tuned down.
  15. Luft Elder

Now, this we can agree on Axxius. The punishment for failing the shadows emotes should be more noticeable. We mentioned this on beta more than once and at no point was it really ever increased dramatically.
    Notice more noticeable does not mean LOL U AND EVERYONE U KNOW DIEZ NOA.
  16. Insaneox Augur

The 40-50 k hitters was fun addition but was quickly figured out on how to prevent them from spawning. Just wish I had screenshot of the time we figured it all out and btw loved the power level on those adds we got about an aa per kill on them.
  17. Abazzagorath Augur

I liked the hard hitting adds. The aa on them is nice too. I think I got 47 aa from that event the first night when we tried it with low numbers late to learn it. If the adds didn't hit hard, there would be zero difficulty to the fight.
  18. FatbukSlapmeat Augur

[Fri Apr 19 19:59:30 2013] A being of light hits Abazzagorath for 49594 points of damage.

Abazz was taking 50k hits before it was cool.
  19. boukk_sebilis Augur

Tbh the adds are so easy to avoid that you can leave their dps as is.
  20. smash Augur

Maybe also look at the CR raid, in a way, I find the upgrading of the raid a lot worse than PoS raid
  21. Abazzagorath Augur

The tiger adds on chellsith are 100x worse than the adds in PoS raid. Just BAM dead over and over as a tank. At least the PoS adds respected AC.
  22. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

ikr