Shakara's Recent Activity

1. Shakara replied to the thread Lyrical Prankster Rework idea.

However the ability seems uninspired and feels too much like a mage ability. There are many and more cool ways to retain its utility...

Nov 21, 2021 at 2:18 PM
  2. Shakara replied to the thread Event Server Idea.

Someone likes the server so much that they play until they die? From a game designer perspective that sounds like the ultimate goal.

Nov 21, 2021 at 12:01 PM
  3. Shakara replied to the thread Event Server Idea.

Main point of the server is too see how far you can get not if you can make it to the end.

Nov 21, 2021 at 7:34 AM
  4. Shakara replied to the thread Event Server Idea.

I think you have the wrong perspective. The point is not to finish the game the point in the journey and to see how far you can make...

Nov 21, 2021 at 7:32 AM
  5. Shakara posted a new thread.

Event Server Idea

If there is one thing I have learned about TLPs is that people love to progress. Every year people like restarting EQ from the beginning...

Forum: Time Locked Progression Servers

Nov 20, 2021
  6. Shakara replied to the thread Cheevin' is Easier with Friends.

I have a Youtube Channel "Shakara EQ" where i made a few for fun back when I was fresh out of college and unemployed

Sep 13, 2021
  7. Shakara posted a new thread.

Lyrical Prankster Rework idea

If you have seen my posts before you will know that I am not a fan of bard swam pets as they really do not make any sense with out identity...

Forum: Hybrid

Sep 13, 2021
  8. Shakara replied to the thread Why does daybreak hate early xpac rogues?.

Its not quite that bad. On Mangler in TBS Monks are not even Top DPS anymore its Bards, Wizards and Zerkers. Rogues are not doing too...

Sep 11, 2021
  9. Shakara replied to the thread Called it.

Mangler I think to date has been the most successful TLP so far about to hit SoF and still have around 10 guilds farming the endgame.

Sep 11, 2021
  10. Shakara replied to the thread How to bard?.

It a combination of a lot of things. At 65 you will gain double attack through AAs and at 70 the actual skill. 75 you get a song that...

Sep 4, 2021
  11. Shakara replied to the thread How to bard?.

Yes in a perfect world this is the optimal gameplay. Most reason you wont see bards doing it is because until about lvl 65 your melee...

Aug 22, 2021
  12. Shakara replied to the thread New Progression Servers?.

The amusing part about this is it would actually be nigh impossible to get past lvl 30 like this just looking at how the statistics of...

Aug 14, 2021
  13. Shakara replied to the thread Will the AA Limit per Class be fixed?.

You say these fit great on a bards kit but then immediately say mages would miss them. I agree they are great on a MAGES kit but not a...

Aug 14, 2021
  14. Shakara replied to the thread Will the AA Limit per Class be fixed?.

There is a ton of consolidation they could do. Almost every class has AAs that dont make sense or are really filler as someone who plays...

Aug 7, 2021
  15. Shakara posted a new thread.

A Dearth of Support Style Abilities

As I play through the expansions I am noticing that there are not a lot of abilities in the game that allow you to protect or shield your...

Forum: The Veterans' Lounge

Aug 7, 2021
  16. Shakara replied to the thread Some suggestions for making Rogues more enjoyable in future TLPs..

This is all true. However this does not make it good design to limit gear to players by arbitrary means. being the guy with the really...

Aug 7, 2021
  17. Shakara replied to the thread Some suggestions for making Rogues more enjoyable in future TLPs..

You are misusing the word challenging. The correct word I think is accessible. While you can make something more or less accessible by...

Aug 7, 2021
  18. Shakara replied to the thread Some suggestions for making Rogues more enjoyable in future TLPs..

Yet those changes significantly increased the player experience of the game. Why would you not make the game more fun by making...

Aug 7, 2021
  19. Shakara replied to the thread Some suggestions for making Rogues more enjoyable in future TLPs..

This doesn't address the fact that they bring to the table no utility. The rogue fantasy is a slippery opportunistic attacker that can...

Aug 1, 2021
  20. Shakara replied to the thread Some suggestions for making Rogues more enjoyable in future TLPs..

Because if you roll a Barb rogue you get slam which is the same as bash just does not require a shield and I know bash shares a timer...

Jul 31, 2021
  21. Shakara replied to the thread Some suggestions for making Rogues more enjoyable in future TLPs..

Mage: Summons a pet at lvl 1 that can 1 shot mobs by itself Wizard: nukes do about 50-70% of a mobs HP at lvl 1 Paladin: Long CD insta...

Jul 31, 2021
  22. Shakara replied to the thread what will you play on the pvp tlp?.

This is not true. People make custom emulated PvP servers all the time and they do decently. One in fact just launched the beginning of...

Jul 31, 2021
  23. Shakara replied to the thread Some suggestions for making Rogues more enjoyable in future TLPs..

While true kick on rogues is not impactful since Bash, backstab and kick all share the same timer so, you would never use kick.

Jul 31, 2021
  24. Shakara replied to the thread Some suggestions for making Rogues more enjoyable in future TLPs..

I think that list is old War, Ranger, Monk, BST (I think), and Zerker all get kick lvl 1. Paladin ,SK, Cleric(I think), and War all get...

Jul 31, 2021
  25. Shakara replied to the thread Some suggestions for making Rogues more enjoyable in future TLPs..

I think the biggest missed potential with rogues is their make poison tradeskill. If you took every poison and increased its effect by 1...

Jul 31, 2021
  26. Shakara replied to the thread Some suggestions for making Rogues more enjoyable in future TLPs..

Sad thing is bards are just better at that since they have that and can lull problem mob in addition move quickly while sneaked.

Jul 31, 2021
  27. Shakara replied to the thread what will you play on the pvp tlp?.

Issue with most of the arguments against a PVP server are that it would be unpopular. I would agree with this if they launched PvP as is....

Jul 31, 2021
  28. Shakara replied to the thread Outside the Box Raid Ideas.

Oopes ment to post this is Vet lounge if someone could move it that would be great.

Jul 24, 2021
  29. Shakara posted a new thread.

Outside the Box Raid Ideas

When looking at EQ raids most of them seems to be; Here is a boss, he has some abilities, figure out how to beat him. I think there is a...

Jul 24, 2021
  30. Shakara replied to the thread List things that players claimed would NEVER be changed that got changed.

Rogues still suck but maybe they will get to that one day

Jul 24, 2021
  31. Shakara replied to the thread Need a bit of help with bard.

This info is largely irrelevant for OP since he is on a prog server.

Jun 20, 2021
  32. Shakara replied to the thread Stop using cheal in classic.

The hidden issue with that though is the amount of med time you lose when you start ducking Cheals. 20 seconds of cast time is 3-4...

Jun 12, 2021
  33. Shakara replied to the thread Agro Questions.

This should shed some light 1. Bards have an aggro cap meaning they can not generate more than X amount of aggro per action they...

Jun 5, 2021
  34. Shakara posted a new thread.

Stop using cheal in classic

I have noticed lately that a lot of clerics lean heavily on Cheal on Thornblade and I think it is because people don't understand the heal...

Jun 5, 2021