Eknhomaht's Recent Activity

1. Eknhomaht posted a new thread.

Why does Mayong Mistmoore hate the postal system?

When you deliver a letter, Mayong gets angry. Why does he hate postal workers?!

Forum: The Veterans' Lounge

Jan 31, 2021
  2. Eknhomaht replied to the thread I want my name back.

It won't. Daybreak only retired names / screwed players when the servers would merge. I would literally need to time it for a server...

Jan 20, 2021
  3. Eknhomaht replied to the thread I want my name back.

Hey Genius. I'm the one who had the name first, DAY 1 Kunark. I even reserved the name on other servers. Ditched the other...

Jan 20, 2021
  4. Eknhomaht replied to the thread I want my name back.

I made my character on Day 1 of Kunark. I know my character predates any other, because I tested all servers when I took it. HE stole...

Jan 20, 2021
  5. Eknhomaht posted a new thread.

I want my name back

My Shadow Knight - Glaurung - Iksar.... was level 14 when a server merge happened. I received NO email from Verant or Sony or Daybreak,...

Jan 19, 2021
  6. Eknhomaht posted a new thread.

Can someone please explain AA to me?

please delete thread, I just figured out I'm a big ol dummy

Forum: The Newbie Zone

Jan 12, 2021
  7. Eknhomaht liked CatsPaws's post in the thread Player Housing .....

You are right that the ones in POK (Out of Gloomingdeep) were made to help returning players but the quests in it are not the same as...

Jan 4, 2021
  8. Eknhomaht liked Vhivi's post in the thread Player Housing .....

Many times. In fact I did the tutorial back before they added the Glooming Deep armor to it. How the game is played is not an issue....

Jan 4, 2021
  9. Eknhomaht liked Tatanka's post in the thread Player Housing .....

You don't have to create a new char to get the benefit of the tutorial. There is an NPC in PoK who will give you all of the tutorial...

Jan 4, 2021
  10. Eknhomaht liked CatsPaws's post in the thread Player Housing .....

Have you done the tutorial? Although you have played in the past you seem extremely lost. The tutorial will help explain a lot. You can...

Jan 4, 2021
  11. Eknhomaht liked CatsPaws's post in the thread Player Housing .....

Um, no. You need spells. Not sure where it was said buying spells are worthless? I think what he is saying is if you look at the end...

Jan 4, 2021
  12. Eknhomaht liked Vhivi's post in the thread Player Housing .....

Sorry about that, Eknhomaht. I did not mean to sound so off kilter. Tatanka is correct in that I am overwhelmed. He talked about stuff I...

Jan 4, 2021
  13. Eknhomaht liked CatsPaws's post in the thread So, How do I gain a Silver Membership?.

Give it a shot;)

Jan 2, 2021
  14. Eknhomaht liked Vumad's post in the thread So, How do I gain a Silver Membership?.

Ironic you are telling someone to specifically break the TOS while complaining about people who are not breaking the TOS. To...

Jan 2, 2021
  15. Eknhomaht liked CatsPaws's post in the thread So, How do I gain a Silver Membership?.

To avoid all the debate from both sides (those who have had it work and those who nay say it without ever trying) you would need to buy...

Jan 2, 2021
  16. Eknhomaht replied to the thread So, How do I gain a Silver Membership?.

Okie doke. Yes, I am silver, but I had to make a new account to invite my alts to my new guild (Darkpaw Freedom Brigade - fighting for...

Jan 2, 2021
  17. Eknhomaht replied to the thread So, How do I gain a Silver Membership?.

Is this Krono thing still working? Is it considered an exploit? I mean I guess it isn't if they haven't "fixed it" in 5 years...

Jan 2, 2021
  18. Eknhomaht replied to the thread Player Housing .....

oh so buying spells is next to worthless then :(

Jan 2, 2021
  19. Eknhomaht replied to the thread Player Housing .....

Thank you. Do all plots have an upkeep fee?

Dec 13, 2020
  20. Eknhomaht liked CatsPaws's post in the thread Player Housing .....

And there is one special house, The Hermit's Hideaway that can still be obtained. It is a very random drop from the LON packs that are...

Dec 11, 2020
  21. Eknhomaht liked CatsPaws's post in the thread Player Housing .....

The rent free houses are any in the /claim or /prize and any purchased with loyalty points or in the marketplace. All of them from...

Dec 11, 2020
  22. Eknhomaht replied to the thread Player Housing .....

OH COOL! I think I got some fancy armor and a horsey! Thank you for telling me about /claim! Not sure though if I have a house, I have...

Dec 10, 2020
  23. Eknhomaht liked MasterMagnus's post in the thread Player Housing .....

I have forgotten some of the details, but. First open your /claim window. See what you've got in there. Some past expansions came...

Dec 10, 2020
  24. Eknhomaht posted a new thread.

Player Housing ....

HI! So as some of you know I've returned after a 20 year absence.... how does housing work? I have some station cash, and I have...

Dec 10, 2020
  25. Eknhomaht replied to the thread Armor Drops need Updating on Some Sites.

AHH!

Dec 5, 2020
  26. Eknhomaht liked CatsPaws's post in the thread Armor Drops need Updating on Some Sites.

Defiant is not just "Defiant" Defiant comes in a couple levels: Crude Defiant Gear (Recommended level of 10. No required level.) Simple...

Dec 5, 2020
  27. Eknhomaht liked Skuz's post in the thread Armor Drops need Updating on Some Sites.

Sites like Allakhazam rely on players actually taking the time & making the effort to provide them with information, they are "community...

Dec 5, 2020
  28. Eknhomaht liked Fanra's post in the thread Armor Drops need Updating on Some Sites.

Is this more of what you want: https://eq.magelo.com/item/50191 ?

Dec 5, 2020
  29. Eknhomaht liked Captain Video's post in the thread Armor Drops need Updating on Some Sites.

Zam only reports generic drop data that individual players have reported, which is rare these days. It has never tried to maintain...

Dec 5, 2020
  30. Eknhomaht posted a new thread.

Armor Drops need Updating on Some Sites

HI! So in returning to this game I noticed a lot of what was previously considered high level armor is now dropping off low level mobs....

Dec 5, 2020
  31. Eknhomaht has a new avatar.

Dec 3, 2020
  32. Eknhomaht posted a new thread.

#FreeFippy! Petition

#FreeFippyDarkpaw! #FreeFippy! Humans invaded the native lands of the gnolls. They butchered them. Stole their pelts. Took their...

Dec 3, 2020
  33. Eknhomaht replied to the thread Vah Shir Animations are Broken.

Not when they walk or run.

Nov 26, 2020
  34. Eknhomaht replied to the thread Vah Shir Animations are Broken.

Player Character Models All of them. This is not server specific. The run animations are hyper. Even when you compare them with...

Nov 26, 2020
  35. Eknhomaht posted a new thread.

Vah Shir Animations are Broken

So yeah Vah Shir animations are broken, their animation cycles are 2x what they should be. Has anyone noticed this or did you guys think...

Forum: Bug Reports

Nov 26, 2020
  36. Eknhomaht replied to the thread Veteran trying to play again just for fun.

Thank you!:D There is something funny though, he says the Vah Shir models were the same before and after luclin. ;) silly guy. They...

Nov 26, 2020
  37. Eknhomaht liked Tatanka's post in the thread Veteran trying to play again just for fun.

I think it is. I remember some screen you could call up during the login process, to checkmark which old models you wanted. This was...

Nov 26, 2020
  38. Eknhomaht liked CatsPaws's post in the thread Veteran trying to play again just for fun.

[media]

Nov 26, 2020
  39. Eknhomaht liked Tatanka's post in the thread Veteran trying to play again just for fun.

Wow, yeah, that's the screen I remember. Didn't realize it was still there. TY, CP!

Nov 26, 2020
  40. Eknhomaht replied to the thread Veteran trying to play again just for fun.

Here's another story, apparently this happened before people started recording all the patch notes. At one point Verant played with...

Nov 22, 2020
  41. Eknhomaht liked Tatanka's post in the thread Veteran trying to play again just for fun.

Nice story! I loved the old days of EQ, even though in recent days it's a better game. They got rid of items on corpses a long time ago,...

Nov 22, 2020
  42. Eknhomaht replied to the thread Veteran trying to play again just for fun.

Thank you! I found it. It's once every 164 hours so I think that's 7 days. Can you still lose your equipment or when your corpse...

Nov 22, 2020
  43. Eknhomaht liked yepmetoo's post in the thread Veteran trying to play again just for fun.

Oh, a tank merc will basically PL you. So its a good way to solo level if you're in dead old zones until you're like in your 50s or...

Nov 22, 2020
  44. Eknhomaht liked Tatanka's post in the thread Veteran trying to play again just for fun.

OK, lots of posts since my last, too much to address point by point. Just want to address one point: For XP loss upon death. It's about...

Nov 22, 2020
  45. Eknhomaht liked CatsPaws's post in the thread Veteran trying to play again just for fun.

Cleric mercs can rez 96% if its a J5 on the paid account. But I use Token of Resurrection from Loyalty merchants - just 86 tokens. And...

Nov 22, 2020
  46. Eknhomaht liked Skuz's post in the thread Veteran trying to play again just for fun.

As far as gaining factions, depends on why you want the faction to begin with, your home city will generally have everything that you could...

Nov 21, 2020
  47. Eknhomaht replied to the thread Veteran trying to play again just for fun.

haha I edited my post after you loaded the page :( I made some mass confusion. Naw I actually have silver apparently :D But I do...

Nov 21, 2020
  48. Eknhomaht liked Skuz's post in the thread Veteran trying to play again just for fun.

Going through the tutorial even of on another server is a worthwhile endeavour as so many things will have changed at the low level by now...

Nov 21, 2020
  49. Eknhomaht replied to the thread Veteran trying to play again just for fun.

Ok so now my final question - Are there custom User Interfaces to increase the size of buttons and graphics? I can barely see mine. I'm...

Nov 21, 2020
  50. Eknhomaht liked CatsPaws's post in the thread Veteran trying to play again just for fun.

Alla is not dead and is still used extensively. Some of the stuff is old old old but some stuff really has not changed. However there are...

Nov 21, 2020
  51. Eknhomaht replied to the thread Veteran trying to play again just for fun.

EDIT: Correction, I am apparently a Silver Player.... OOOO the launch button said F2P but the inside of it says silver. YAY! Oooo...

Nov 21, 2020
  52. Eknhomaht replied to the thread Veteran trying to play again just for fun.

It says I am at my limit or is that just my limit for 1 server? I had 7 characters before I quit. OMG no more /loc and /y LF...

Nov 21, 2020
  53. Eknhomaht replied to the thread Veteran trying to play again just for fun.

Yeah I was wondering because I never heard of PoK so I was confused. I quit soon after Kunark. I quit soon after I lost 1 hours...

Nov 21, 2020
  54. Eknhomaht liked CatsPaws's post in the thread Veteran trying to play again just for fun.

Did you do the tutorial?

Nov 20, 2020
  55. Eknhomaht liked Pikachuuu's post in the thread Veteran trying to play again just for fun.

Welcome back! As CatsPaws suggested, do the Gloomingdeep Mines tutorial. It will teach you the game and much of what has changed, as...

Nov 20, 2020
  56. Eknhomaht liked Tatanka's post in the thread Veteran trying to play again just for fun.

The tutorial is only accessed when you roll a new char. You can either start in Crescent Reach, or the Tutorial. So you may not have...

Nov 20, 2020
  57. Eknhomaht replied to the thread Veteran trying to play again just for fun.

Is PoK Kunark or Planes of Karana? Also, do you still lose tons of EXP when you die? Are characters still hard locked to "hate"...

Nov 20, 2020
  58. Eknhomaht replied to the thread Veteran trying to play again just for fun.

It took me 2 hours to figure out where all the menus were hidden so no I don't even know where the tutorial is LOL Where might it be? OH...

Nov 20, 2020
  59. Eknhomaht posted a new thread.

Veteran trying to play again just for fun

So I think I need to be called a newbie... So, how do I solo dungeons in this game? I just tried to walk into HPK and got my butt...

Nov 20, 2020
  60. Eknhomaht liked Ceruan's post in the thread Returning player locked out for 2 days.

Direct x was part of the eq install and I have windows 10

Nov 14, 2020
  61. Eknhomaht liked Molteg's post in the thread Returning player locked out for 2 days.

The same thing started happening to me since playing around 3pm EST today. The only thing I remember changing prior to this was during my...

Nov 14, 2020
  62. Eknhomaht liked Molteg's post in the thread Returning player locked out for 2 days.

I was able to get the game to work properly again by right clicks my start menu shortcut for the game, clicking properties, going to the...

Nov 14, 2020
  63. Eknhomaht replied to the thread Returning player locked out for 2 days.

No clue, sorry, just make sure you have direct x 9 installed and I also suggest compatibility with windows 8 or 7

Nov 14, 2020
  64. Eknhomaht replied to the thread PATCH: For those that have the game partially updated.

Very sorry for this followup post. I just realized this messageboard does NOT allow me to delete my own posts. Ignore my post above the...

Nov 14, 2020
  65. Eknhomaht replied to the thread PATCH: For those that have the game partially updated.

[IMG] Ok so here's my problem. I finally got the launcher to work, it downloaded 8.355M of the patch file. Then it broke. I tried...

Nov 14, 2020
  66. Eknhomaht replied to the thread PATCH: For those that have the game partially updated.

ok clearly there are some temporary internet files I need to delete that are not being purged from the system. Where does the launcher...

Nov 14, 2020
  67. Eknhomaht replied to the thread PATCH: For those that have the game partially updated.

Ok so I clearly did something wrong or a file is somehow corrupted. The launcher STILL wants to try to install the files to update it....

Nov 14, 2020
  68. Eknhomaht liked Oath's post in the thread PATCH: For those that don't have any game data.

Here is a torrent file containing the fully up-to-date game files....

Nov 14, 2020
  69. Eknhomaht liked Splose's post in the thread How to manually patch your game & bypass Patcher and the ghost CDN.

Hey guys, I was fortunate enough to have patched my game at the right time before the Launcher blackout for Live. Ironically, I patched for...

Nov 14, 2020
  70. Eknhomaht replied to the thread PATCH: For those that have the game partially updated.

People ask "What was PC gaming like in the 90s and early 2000s." THIS THIS RIGHT HERE IS WHAT PC GAMING WAS LIKE! STRUGGLING FOR 4...

Nov 13, 2020
  71. Eknhomaht replied to the thread Help: Steam launcher won't run game on Windows 10.

I have received a mountains more assistance and information from you than I did from Bridgette the Asmin CS Rep. I am going to share...

Nov 13, 2020
  72. Eknhomaht replied to the thread Help: Steam launcher won't run game on Windows 10.

Ok it being THIS out of date explains why there are 2 years of complaints on the Steam Messageboard.

Nov 13, 2020
  73. Eknhomaht liked Naterbater's post in the thread Help: Steam launcher won't run game on Windows 10.

Day three (?) of this issue.

Nov 13, 2020
  74. Eknhomaht liked Oath's post in the thread Help: Steam launcher won't run game on Windows 10.

Yeah, basically. What you see on the screen isn't the first thing the launcher does. My guess is that it has to be more out of date...

Nov 13, 2020
  75. Eknhomaht liked Oath's post in the thread Help: Steam launcher won't run game on Windows 10.

Presumably anyone with up-to-date game files can still log in using the eqclient patchme trick. Which you can find on the web.

Nov 13, 2020
  76. Eknhomaht liked Oath's post in the thread Help: Steam launcher won't run game on Windows 10.

It's a patching issue. Steam downloads old game files. If you look at the icon in the game folder for Launchpad.exe it doesn't show the DBG...

Nov 13, 2020
  77. Eknhomaht replied to the thread Help: Steam launcher won't run game on Windows 10.

Thank you for explaining it! See I was given just some generic catcall explanation from Customer Service that didn't seem to match up....

Nov 13, 2020
  78. Eknhomaht replied to the thread Help: Steam launcher won't run game on Windows 10.

I made a video showing everyone that my issue is NOT a patching issue. The game SIMPLY WILL NOT RUN: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/801264260

Nov 12, 2020
  79. Eknhomaht replied to the thread Help: Steam launcher won't run game on Windows 10.

Ok... there is no pending patch on steam but I assume you mean the game won't open at all unless it speaks with the server?

Nov 12, 2020
  80. Eknhomaht replied to the thread Help: Steam launcher won't run game on Windows 10.

I have downloaded the files via steam. The program won't even run. I only just downloaded last night.

Nov 12, 2020
  81. Eknhomaht replied to the thread Help: Steam launcher won't run game on Windows 10.

That forum post is for people who can start the game. My game won't even start.

Nov 12, 2020
  82. Eknhomaht posted a new thread.

Help: Steam launcher won't run game on Windows 10

How do I get the game to run? It won't even run. I've tried compatibility with administrator privileges and disabling the fullscreen...

Forum: Player Support

Nov 12, 2020