A trader system that works.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Xcelon Silverblade, Dec 2, 2023.

1. Xcelon Silverblade Paladin of Tallon Zek

its been 20 some years since the trader / baz came out and little has been done to improve it. Because its so cumbersome and requires you to essentially pay for an account you cant use much if you want to sell anything very few actually do.
    even with the perks its still a joke of a system to do what we continue to do.
    when Everquest 2 launched its trader system is amazing and everyone uses it because it's easy and simple and you can still play while having items up for sale and so on.
    I was extremely disappointed to see Personas as the big thing of this new expansion I guess some will use it and like it but we have been asking for a decade plus to have a better trader system, and really you just need to make it like EQ2s or even something better and available to silver players too.
    when can we see some effort being put into that and not just give us more money and we will give ya 40 more slots.
    things that will make it viable and great will be the following.

1. useable maybe in limited fashion on silver toons
    2. can have items up for sale and still play the game on that account,
    3. can have more items for up sale - here is where maybe the perks come in but we need more of a base to begin with.
    better reporting and tracking of who has bought what other than the txt that pops up and goes away soon as you log but a log.
    4. Control over who can purchase from us. maybe I want to only sell to my guildies at this price and make things available when I am not around but also cuz I am on a pvp server we dont want to always supply the enemy.
    5. price control - having the ability to set prices for different groups of people, guild has a price, fellowship has a price general public has a price and other players or guildes maybe you want to charge more for have a price and not just a 1 price for everyone.

not sure what else but the biggest thing would be not tying up a gold account to do trader and selling more items.
    Can we get some love for the people who make and sell stuff?
    thank you
    Dre. and Iuwene like this.
  2. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

They just need to change to an Auction House and Craftsman Board. Auction House like WoW, and Craftsman board for tradeskill services.
    Dre., FYAD, Fenthen and 1 other person like this.
  3. Brickhaus Augur

Your post is representative of the types of requests seen on these boards lately. Far too much extraneous items of want and not enough focus on the only thing that truly matters:

But you spend so much writing on other things, especially setting up different prices. The community (and myself) can get behind selling from an All Access account while playing (there have been enough threads over the years). Focus on that. Any of the other stuff could be added later, but trading while playing is the main hurdle and you should focus on that.

P.S. - For the record, (4) I don't see happening because 90%+ of the current traders don't want you to know what guild they are from ... so I just don't see any community desire to have this happen. Also, (1) is just a non-starter.
    Fenthen likes this.
  4. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

They would lose alot of money if they allowed silver accounts to be traders even in limited fashion. I wouldnt mind as i got 3 ftp silver accounts but dont see it happening.
    Dre. and alanus like this.
  5. bigpapa Augur

silver account could have 1 million max what they can sell .
    and all access could have 10 million or even 20 million , we are due , limiting to 2 millions plats for traders is not enough in 2023.....
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Is there a group of posters out there who for some reason never use indents or paragraphs, or capitol letters, constantly compare EQ to every other game and make the longest posts ever?

Btw the baz was already revamped at least once. I preferred the old style where you could nudge your competitor off the selling spot and they could not sell. There have been a lot of upgrades to the baz - offline mode, expanded trader slots, off zone purchasing and selling.

Why are you selling to your guild mates? Just give it to them. Put it in the guild bank.

No, free accounts should not have the ability to be a trader. Now that would ruin the economy.

Only sell to certain players? Control individual prices? I would never shop at your store but then you would not allow me.

PS you left out raising the baz limit
    Wdor and Joules_Bianchi like this.
  7. Marton Augur

My baz pipe dreams:

Allowing to play the character while selling items
    Raising baz limit
    Disabling characters that run scripts
    Hegsheoshed, Dre., Raccoo and 2 others like this.
  8. Xcelon Silverblade Paladin of Tallon Zek

Guild bank has limitations too, so it would be nice to have family and friends pricing and everyone else pricing or something,
    because guildies always want to chip in for mat cost and such so its a very beneficial aspect.
    if you dont like it dont use it or dont comment if you dont have anything usefull to add.
  9. Xcelon Silverblade Paladin of Tallon Zek

I have been asking for this for 15 + years here and in other feedback forms. basically since EQ2 launched lol
    a better trader system would benefit the game and its players far more then personas.
    but anything they can do to improve it would be great seeing as its gotten no love since they put in the Baz and gave us offline mode...
  10. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

It might be that I have logs on (/log on) but I have always had a log for the bazaar sales as part of the log for the character. Yes, it might be helpful if it were a log on its own, but it already is being logged.
    Yinla likes this.
  11. Xcelon Silverblade Paladin of Tallon Zek

I just want to be able to open up the trader window and see a history there not go digging through a txt file for stuff
    Lothar and Andarriel like this.
  12. Xcelon Silverblade Paladin of Tallon Zek

yes this would be ideal and how EQ2 is as well
  13. Windance Augur

I could get behind something like the wow auction house.

Unfortunately I do not see the EQ management wanting to rock the boat by removing the existing trader / barter systems due to the backlash of people who don't want to lose the "free" buying/selling.
    Xcelon Silverblade likes this.
  14. Happygame New Member

Mabinogi, a 19 years old MMO changed their trader system from "EQ mode" to "cross-server trading board" few years ago.
    Its outdated that you cant play the game for selling stuff.
  15. Febb Augur

From the financial perspective, they won't do an auction house for EQ because they get a bunch of subs for accounts that are dedicated for people's bazaar mules. Unless they find a way some way of making that money back from lost subs.
  16. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Making an auction house that lets you put up as many items as you want for as much as you want would solve most problems with the bazaar.
    Xcelon Silverblade likes this.
  17. Raptorjesus5 Augur

I feel like people are overestimating how many people have accounts for full time traders, at least on live servers. You start that account millions in the hole every month, so you'd have to offset whatever you make by the cost of a krono. Just doesn't seem worth it.
  18. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Honestly I think the restriction on traders has more to do with the cap on the number of traders allowed in the bazaar at any give time then anything else. A system such as an auction house that didn't have that limit would remove the need to restrict it.
  19. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Auction house for all would be a huge upgrade to the game. Yes, free accounts should have the opportunity to buy and sell but put limits on those accounts on price changes and maximum number of items they can sell at a time.
    Wdor likes this.
  20. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

The trader system does work, it may not do what you want it to do but it does work.

I wouldn't object to an offline trader mode that allowed you to play while in trader mode. But the system we have now does work to say otherwise is wrong.
    Wdor, Rijacki and Waring_McMarrin like this.