Alternate Persona

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by FranktheBank, Oct 4, 2023.

1. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Easy to say when you have no teeth, though you would lisp a lot.
    Iven and Nennius like this.
  2. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

I'm really glad I only donated $40, because I'm starting to get jaded. I just have to remind myself this is my charitable donation towards the holidays.

Y'all got my hopes up with some cool new feature, but that hype is turning into resentment.
  3. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Oh I get it now you are still mad at me.

Don't be hating on licorice folks because of that. :)
  4. Nennius Curmudgeon

We jelly bean folks forgive you, for now.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  5. fransisco Augur

So this weekend, I realized that I'm totally ok with AP being late. Access to them means I can do tinkering, alchemy, and poison making on my main....
    Nennius likes this.
  6. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

I really get a feeling that personas arent going live when the expansion comes out.
  7. Razorfall Augur

So after February?
  8. Alnitak Augur

I do not see that as being bad. Here is how things will turn out after the LS release: mad dash toward 125, people getting possessed with level experience, extended playing hours to complete the progression as soon as possible and some other unhealthy twists.
    Then in January-February people will raid with ADHD sympthoms until in March Tier 3 raids will be released and the final scores will be settled. And then the things will calm down.
    Meanwhile, people such as myself will be done with LS progression for their mains and main alts and will start thinking about what to do witjh the rest of their characters. Enter Alternate Personas.
    By that time I'll have a good ideas what alternate classes I may want or need and will start working on leveling and gearing the personas. Perhaps Zerkers will turn into Rangers, or vise versa. Necros will become mages, or mages into wizards. Bards will remain bards, with possible plated personas.

Good times ahead with plenty of playtime. It doesn't really matter when exactly it starts.
  9. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Yea from a raiders point of view its good but not all of are raiders.
    fransisco likes this.
  10. Nennius Curmudgeon

Which year ? :)
    Metanis and Razorfall like this.
  11. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Getting to max level is like 1% of EQ.
  12. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Never happened. The world was never tuned for raid-geared groups. That is an excuse that players make to explain why they don't win a mission or they die. Just group geared with multiple different expansions of group gear; and can do content with other group geared players easily. It is easier when you have raid geared people in the group. But the content is most assuredly not balanced around them.
    code-zero likes this.
  13. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Discord, both the platform and the company, are garbage and regularly attack their own users for things that others do. People get banned from the entire platform for things other people did, and the only thing you could have done wrong is be in the group that it happened in. Not to mention it is an utterly garbage way to communicate information to people across multiple time zones and playtimes. It is even worse at allowing for in-depth discussion of any topic.

Discord and all platforms like it are only good for in the moment conversations. Unless you are claiming to read through everything that each person who posted something since you were last logged in.
    code-zero likes this.
  14. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Yet more reason why the CRC is worthless and should be ended. If what you are saying is true, and the CRC members did anything other than to say that limiting the feature to specific zones makes the feature utterly worthless, then they are not being honest.
    No, they are not allowed to talk about it according to the CRC guidelines.
  15. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Requiring players to be ooc / have a short timer / be in a few limited zones to change persona doesn't make it worthless. It prevents a number of potential exploits.

At times the CRC is given permission to talk about certain things. Talking about personas was one of those things permission was given for.
    Szilent and Waring_McMarrin like this.
  16. Waring_McMarrin Augur

The CRC guidelines also state that they can publicly talk about things when given permission.
  17. kyong Augur

Instead of this alternate persona business, could you just instead make character flags into account flags and all items in account heirloom and tradeable via shared bank?
  18. Micker99 Augur

It doesn't make it worthless, but it makes it not very useful. I'm all for an ooc timer to switch, that would make sense. But if you need to be in a specific zone, then it limits its usefulness. I would rather just make an alt and be able to just bring him and log them in where I am.

Imagine you are in a group and want to play your SK alt. You have to go back to a zone, switch to the SK and then get back to the group and do the same if you want to switch to your shaman etc. Just let me switch where I am and that would be huge QoL improvement and much more fun.
    strongbus, Bernel and Barton like this.
  19. Svann2 The Magnificent

Huh. Ive always thought the red licorice was just fake licorice.
    Sprooce likes this.
  20. Waring_McMarrin Augur

It all depends on how they expect it to be used, if the players want it to be able to switch between classes and give the group full buffs and the devs don't there is going to be some disappointment. Personally I don't like the idea of being able to easily switch between all classes to buff up the group and then switch to optimal classes for grinding as it gives less of a reason to invite certain classes to a group.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.