Laurion's Song: Only 2 Missions and 8 Raids

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cassiera, Oct 18, 2023.

1. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Frank said that Absor is not teaching younger devs on the first page of this hilarious thread. I doubt Absor has enough power to refuse to train new developers and keep his job.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  2. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Were good its only bad if they come out with a expansion with 1 group mission and 2 raid ones :)
  3. FranktheBank Augur

lol you are treating this like a normal company.
  4. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

If it was a normal company it would have folded long ago. It is still putting out content and making money which more than a lot of other MMOs can say over the past 25 years. Whatever the office dynamics are, I doubt it extends to allowing a single dev to hold development hostage causing them to miss deadlines.
    Jordis likes this.
  5. Jordis Augur

6. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

Meh, the devs are 30% responsible for EQ’s success, while the Player base is 69% . The last 1% is the accountants go to give them love.

Really though, the player base kept shoveling cash and adding additional accounts like potato chips, which made it so they couldn’t shut it down.
  7. Kenderix Lorekeeper

I think it's a symptom of moving to progression-based content for loot / exp that is the issue. Directly reduce the number of progression options directly affects the player-base.

Why not spread the loot out around the zones, around the mobs? Bring back the chance to get decent loot outside of the missions. Force people to go to the far end corners of each zone for their content and loot, not just their own little instanced version of it.
  8. MageGuy MageGuy

First, I'll say, Long Live EQ...even watered down EQ. The reduction of missions doesn't bother me whatsoever.

I know that I am in the minority here, but I've hoped to see them removed from the game completely for some years now. However, I had also hoped that they'd have been replaced with HAs, similar to TBM. OR that we're given some other way to obtain the proc augs, and they did that to some extent w/ the 2023 (?) anni).

Who consistently does all FOUR missions anyway? On my servers there are a couple of sets of guys who do ONE....over and over and over again...mostly selling TAs, some giving away, etc.
  9. Velisaris_MS Augur

Well, to be fair, there is absolutely NOTHING stopping Absor or any dev from posting here and answering that question, or just generally communicating with players on this forum.
  10. Sissruukk Rogue One

They could, and they should, but their main means of communication is via Discord. I rarely use EQ Official Discord, the last I checked in to see the state of the matter in the Vet Lounge, there was a discussion on TOS Kirk vs. JJ Abrams Kirk.
    Silvena and Fenthen like this.
  11. Windance Augur

At the tail end of the expansion I mainly just do two missions: Door and Spirit Fades.

I did all 4x for several weeks / months and really got to hate both under siege and mean streets.

Door: Fast - great to pop LoTD and get your glyph AA
    Spirit: I do this about half the time while finishing out LoTD.
    US : Long cut scene, lots of waiting around for mobs to move ...
    MS : Sucky mechanics and odd summing can ruin a run.
    Hobs and Fenthen like this.
  12. Raptorjesus5 Augur

Seems to me this is the cost of them working on 64bit, Dx11 and UI improvements over the past year +.

Since there are only 2 missions I hope they make both of them super accessible.
  13. Fenthen Living rent free in your headspace

Charging $70 for the base expansion wouldn't bring us double content.

I'm not old enough for original Kirk, so I choose new Kirk!

I don't know that these are actually related. It's different developers working on different things. We'd have lost 50% of our spell upgrades, 50% of our AA, 50% of our zones if this were the case, and not just 50% of our missions.
    Hobs and Skuz like this.
  14. Sissruukk Rogue One

*raises hand*
    Most of my guild runs these missions on a consistent basis, some people on cooldown. This is so we can get currency for the latest type 5 augs and mission achieves for heroic AAs. So, there are quite a bit more doing this than you think.
    Kenderix and Windance like this.
  15. Knifen Augur

I did for the first few months until I got all my type 5 and bags done on both char. I still enjoy running them thou, I prefer the missions over kill tasks in zones.
    Windance and Sissruukk like this.
  16. Svann2 The Magnificent

There is a good chance that its the 2 easy missions that would be cut, leaving you to do the sucky type missions over and over.
    Flatchy and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  17. Windance Augur

I would tend to go the other way and say its more likely the harder to code missions would have been cut.
  18. Marton Augur

Get out of here with your common sense sir.
  19. Nennius Curmudgeon

The path of least resistance is often the one followed. It is possible that a dev might choose to pursue a mission that isn't as easy to code. Personal initiative does matter too. But fewer devs equal less stuff. It isn't any kind of mystery.
    Skuz likes this.
  20. Tacoheals TACOBELL !!!!

135 coins per mission this year vs last year's 45. basically getting 50% more currency for the missions and augs are still priced as they have originally been since EOK at 500 each and bags being 75. As for groupers that don't raid it is really crappy, they don't get 4 missions but as a raider who doesn't care to blow through missions every day of the week to get 45 currency, I'm glad. As for the 8 raids. A little disappointed. Would've have loved to see 9. But nothing complaining is going to do is going to fix it.
    Fenthen likes this.