Oakwynd Feedback

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by coltongrundy, Mar 18, 2023.

1. Baulkin Augur

2. Baulkin Augur

3. Baulkin Augur

4. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

On ragefire someone always had 2 druids in blighfire and Mesa that rando warped to players, ninja buffed them and warped away. Both the raidguilds I was in had autobuff bots, you/tell them, they buff.

One guild i have casuals in routinely leaves a punter at main bank, you /tell destination and it punts you.

No, there's no scripting, anywhere in EQ /eyerolls so hard they come around again.

something something Zek server wall hacking z axis hacking rogue what? I think I hear my mother calling, I got to go.
  5. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

6. Jakken Journeyman

Complaining about hackers is such a pointless discussion. There will always be hackers, and no amount of mechanic changes can address that. Only proper moderation (lol) even has a chance to come close.
    If you replace "knowing the mobs timing" with "having inhuman reaction time due to illegal programs", then the entire thread becomes pointless, because its just complaining about hacks.
    Magician9001 and Lejaun like this.
  7. Jakken Journeyman

They're not a moderator... they're just directing people to the proper location, since the devs have stated that's where they're primarily looking for feedback
    Lejaun likes this.
  8. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

pointless semantics of quotes are not the reality of life in EQ.

compete for what then?

Define "compete in the OP. competing how? Reading a watch? Nah, get real. lol
  9. wade_watts Augur

To be fair, DPG is a small studio and EQ is no longer mainstream (in part) because of the direction of the product. Expecting them to make decisions after 20+ years that align to player interests and increase the viability of the game seems to be just wishful thinking. Some folks are frustrated, many more just laugh it off. Ultimately, this kind of stuff will just kill off the TLP game and make it just like live - another product that is uninteresting and past its prime for many potential players.
    Kunfo likes this.
  10. Jakken Journeyman

In the context of OP, compete for first tag on a mob.
    Who are you competing against, and why do you feel like there's a disadvantage? "Someone who knows the exact spawn time of a mob".
    Literally the only thing the OP said is the ability to track spawn times. You're extrapolating they they meant TPS that actually controls the game for them.
    Yes, that exists, but it is not what OP said was the problem.

"Competing with someone using TPS to engage the mob the moment it spawns" is not equivalent to "Competing with someone using TPS to track the exact spawn time"
  11. Kunfo Augur

Of course FTE will lead to more cheating/warping etc since you only need one character to pop up instantly with a clicky when a spawn timer expires to get a tag now. Not my biggest concern about FTE since cheating will be around anyway, but if DBG thought FTE would help address griefing, KSing and/or cheating I'm not sure what the reasoning was.
    Joules_Bianchi and Jakken like this.
  12. papercut New Member

If the mobs are being pulled / aggro'd and CC'd by power levelers who folks pay KR to, won't this change pretty must prevent that method? Will people actually have to level themselves up on this new server?

How would that traditional selling of power leveling services still work?
  13. Jakken Journeyman

Traditional druid PL would still work. Low lvl with buffs and DS killing stuff while druid keeps them healed.
    It only stops mass PLing with AOE stuns
  14. anonymous_ Lorekeeper

The bonuses are fine, honestly things like the % currency increases will make progression in later expansions feel much better since you're not dumping 2-3 months worth of currency onto a single chase item.

10% exp bonus per max level character is too little for a mechanic like that with TLP pacing, should be a larger bonus per character with a cap to how big the bonus can get. Assume a typical player utilizing this feature of the server would have 3-4 characters and balance from there. Maybe even a scaling algorithm would be good, i.e. the first max level character provides a larger bonus than the second which provides a larger bonus than the third, etc...

Encounter locking needs requirements. Locking a raid mob should only be possible when the player is in a raid and X number of players in that raid are in the zone. Named mobs need some kind of protection against an <unnamed 3rd party tool> user spreading stealthed claim bots to camps throughout a zone. I don't know how you would solve the named issue, you don't want a solo claim bot claiming a group's named and you don't want a solo player having their name claimed out from under them by a box crew. Also, at the very least the claim should randomly be assigned to anyone who engaged an unclaimed mob in the previous few seconds - if the claim simply goes to whoever tagged it first then legitimate players will always lose to bots.
    Kunfo and Jakken like this.
  15. Kunfo Augur

About Druid PL, have they stated anywhere what happens when you pull aggro healing an out-of-group person while they are fighting a mob they tagged?

If you can pull aggro but can't interact with the mob in any way, that seems broken. If you can't pull aggro at all from healing, that also seems broken.

This also means druids can't root fleeing mobs for their PL now.
  16. Thatoneguy666 Elder

currently it is said it takes 15s if you fd for a mob to reset. Okay great, fd CD is like 5s.

tag a mob, run somewhere. FD. Wait 10s, stand up. FD. Wait 10s, stand up. FD. Wait 10s, stand up.

And on and on we go. The exploits for this are just limitless, no matter what the details are. The details will only inform how it is abused. There is insane abuse potential no matter what they decide. This has no place in Everquest. None. I'd rather them actually pay some freaking GMs and have lists like p99. That's fair in a weird kind of communist way. This is just AIDS of a different flavor.
    Kunfo likes this.
  17. brickz Augur

The named in your camp spawned but you're engaging mobs still. A monk with "monk track" has just run from a nearby camp and tagged the named the second it spawned and is running back to his party with the mob in tow.

Normal server: You taunt the mob off the offending monk and drag it into your camp to be killed by your party

Oakwynd: You do nothing because neither taunt nor anything else will land on the mob since the offending monk did 1 point of damage with throw stone before running away.

It's really not hard to see why this is a bad idea and why some players having a maphack is going to make this bad idea even worse
    Joules_Bianchi, Jakken and Kunfo like this.
  18. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

adding more system checks is exactly the opposite of reducing lag.
  19. Jakken Journeyman

They haven't officially announced either way, but being locked out of healing someone in combat seems extremely nonsensical. Then again... that doesn't seem to stop them.

Simple solution to the root issue: PL on non-fleeing mobs.

Worst case, absolutely? Ds and SLN+Regen and heal between pulls.
    PLing will not end entirely without specific concerted effort to end it.
  20. Noxious New Member

Why not do an in game survey that pops up for 2-3 days when you log in? Yeah it might be slightly annoying, but they would get a lot of input, and not just from people arguing on the forums. I am neither for, nor against this new server. I won't be over there, but its a personal preference. Just a suggestion
    Kunfo and Jakken like this.