Oakwynd Feedback

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by coltongrundy, Mar 18, 2023.

1. Ruiner Elder

We had months of great ideas for kunark/velious launches and random loot variations, fv rules, etc. Lot of opportunity for improving on past TLP ideas that people actually enjoyed. Instead we get a beta test server for their new tagging system? Jeeze, what a huge disappointment. All this server does is incentivize poop socking and potentially kill off classic game mechanics entirely.
  2. Zrender Augur

True but I imagine they can do something for each encounter. Would be great to eliminate XP leeching but will allowing med time. Can even move the threshold up to say you need to be below 75% instead of 50% to get the free aggro add for xp. Can't count how many times people have gone "bio" for 20+ minutes. This would eliminate xp after about the first 5.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  3. code-zero Augur

I'm thinking that attempting to indefinitely lock an NPC may be something that'll result in a suspension though that remains to be seen
    Fallfyres, Makin and minimind like this.
  4. toxicsmell Journeyman

i can not wait to control entire zones. aggro stuff on a bard. run around in circles. and make people pay to kill things. aggro all of crushbone. you want kills? sorry noob its 5 krono to play here. epic 1.0 mobs? they probably can be slowed and +hp regen to make them do 0 damage and just sorry .. hes 10 krono if you want me to zone so you can kill him. otherwise get in line . PoStorms flagging? don't even dream about it. time to round up all those mobs , and run circles for hours until my ransom is paid. best server ever. WTS KILL RIGHTS TO GHOUL LORD 3KRONO
    this rule set is a toxic players dream. did anybody think this through? or is this just someone's idea to fix the " HE KILL STOLE MY MOB " crowd . ?

i really hope the exp bonus is the concept you wish to bring to all servers .as this idea is hot garbage. i guess that's its intention, make a hot garbage server to keep mischief alive. mischief is going into TSS and has had no mentions of true box relaxation. this servers concept message already has truebox relaxation unlock dates. its expected to fail from the start.. bravo. slow clap.
    what are your ideas to combat toxic players abusing this ruleset? wait for petitions and than ban players? or be proactive somehow? like enable everyzone in the game to spawn private picks on demand with out having to bring 45 players to some antique zone? which will than just make it single player everquest?
    Thatoneguy666 and Siah like this.
  5. Barthorn Elder

Ruiner and Kunfo like this.
  6. Phire Journeyman

" If an actively locked NPC loses aggro for a short time period, the NPC will go home, reset, then unlock."

This sounds like it will completely kill the ability to split mobs in pulls. Basically this will become EQ2 or WoW.

Imagine having to fight 100% of Rathe Council at once during PoP Era....
    Kunfo and Joules_Bianchi like this.
  7. Corvo Accidental Puller of Dracoliche

I will be locking down all mobs that can drop cracked staves at launch.

You want some easy early plat? You're gonna have to pay up, bucko.
  8. Phire Journeyman

Yeah. Encounter locking sounds like it will break the game in a lot of different ways. Honestly it should just be dropped completely. Mind you, if they leave it in, I'll abuse the heck out of it myself.

Skipping all the mobs in Vex Thal and just going straight to the bosses? HECK YA!
    Siah likes this.
  9. Elabone Augur

This also brings up the point, will we be unable to tag AoW, Tormax for faction hits during velious, cause thats really unfortunate if its the case.
    B0HICA, Runes and Crabman like this.
  10. Phire Journeyman

"
    • The Legacy of Ykesha - Lowered spawn timers on all NPCs - 85%"

Ummmmm? 85% reduction in spawn timers? This will be a complete nightmare for raid areas with fast respawns.
    Sanduleak, Wyre Wintermute and Yinla like this.
  11. coltongrundy Augur

That's not what it says. 85% is a 15% reduction in respawn timers.
    Fallfyres and klanderso like this.
  12. uberkingkong Augur

Yeah some epics, 1 ph'er, keep it busy, no one gonna get epic.
    Crabman likes this.
  13. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Oh man... I can only imagine The Warrens
  14. toxicsmell Journeyman

im just waiting for my friend to help me kill it. hes 2 zones away bro afk walking the dog smoking a beer. but for a krono ill leave early
    Siah and Crabman like this.
  15. SirGaynar New Member

8 Weeks of Classic and Kunark is too fast for you???? Do you only log on and play 10 minutes a day?
  16. Phire Journeyman

With the encounter locking happening, the 50% raid exp penalty should be ditched.
    Mostly because a lot of people form groups with a toon outside group helping until either a space forms, or as a box-style assist.

If the raid exp penalty is killed, people can just form groups larger than 6 and not be penalized for it.
  17. Vindar Augur

I see a lot of people crying about the encounter locking but I think they are being way overdramatic about it.

There's one huge pro here I think people are overlooking: This absolutely kills the bot/box army krono lords and AE PLers. I personally think this is probably the main reason for why they are doing it, because it's really the only way they have of seriously cracking down on these types.
    Fallfyres and Lejaun like this.
  18. uberkingkong Augur

Agreed.

All because PvP did not have a showup on some server at some time, years ago.
    For PvP TLE, 8000+ views is meaningless,
    Got beat by a thing where
    - no showup required
    - no interest required
    - some random persons idea
    - I blame https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...ty-resource-council-mission-statement.280525/
    Whoever is in this meeting. Should check to see for diversity in that meeting.
    Tooo much one way, probably
    Little to none TLP'ers
    Little to none PvP'ers
    Little to none groupers
    80%+ raiders.

I want a fun server, a server that transfers stuff to Live and those raiders and what not get benefits.
    I don't care about 200% more rare chance spawn thing. This is a raider/Live player thing.

Give me a fun server

Yes this is upsetting
    Sanduleak and Kunfo like this.
  19. SirGaynar New Member

Who makes new toons on the SAME account? I am pretty sure that has to be an astronomically small percentage of the player base that only roll alts on the same account.
    Runes likes this.
  20. Xarek New Member

Glad you enjoy it, but this server is probably going to be dead on arrival. Diablo 4 release is already going to be pulling people away and then you have this lackluster ruleset.