Oakwynd Feedback

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by coltongrundy, Mar 18, 2023.

1. PokerScott New Member

Thats it, I like having a few max levels and fine with the grind. Though there isn't really anything to do if I want to raid more often on 1 account. I always needed 2 or 3 accounts.

Just remove that and cool.
  2. Zohan Journeyman

The trolls going to have good time with encounter lock on rare epic spawns.
    Sanduleak likes this.
  3. uberkingkong Augur

Very outraged by this TLP.

IF it was PvP there would be a lot of praises. BUT, this is what they come up with?
    PvP 400+ replies, 8000+ views. Very in demand.

No one is interested in this. And they do this.
    I didn't see a bunch of people show up to some server to show interest in this!

Outrageous!
    Siah likes this.
  4. Faydra Augur

Single best thing they could do would be to add free trade.
    spiff and Khanfu like this.
  5. Gheed Is not reading your response

How do I know I would not enjoy eating poop, I have never tried it!

Come on man, get a grip.
  6. Crabman Augur

Or a VP key.
  7. Allizarx Journeyman

Agreed. AoC account wide lockouts are the main problem with legacy characters.
  8. Sweetkisses New Member

Sounds like a lot of parking a mob to get a proper force while keeping it mezzed or FD flopping it.
  9. FranktheBank Augur

When did orange man find time to post on the eq forums?
    Lejaun, Husk and Gheed like this.
  10. Gheed Is not reading your response

If it was PVP these forums would be the exact opposite of what they are now.

Orange man invented EQ PVP I think
  11. Madcat1983 Journeyman

you can try encounter locking now on p99 +-+ this server will be DOA
    Gheed likes this.
  12. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

The unmentioned downside of Free Trade servers being, once they've run their course you can only send them over to FV. I don't want to be on FV. I don't want to waste a decade in a TLP to end up on FV either.
  13. Allizarx Journeyman

I bet they copy FFXIV and make mobs warp back to home and reset after 30 seconds of no damage
    Fallfyres likes this.
  14. Crabman Augur

Add free trade, add random, keep the bonus/evolving/legacy, get rid of encounter lock and we’ve got ourselves a server
  15. Ruhi Augur

fighting over mobs already exists.

There was a particular wizard on mischief that was always at bergurgle with insta-click dd wands selling crowns all day everyday.

encounter lock will actually give others a chance in that particular scenario.

encounter lock is half a dozen one way and 6 the other with dps racing.

the current system and this new system will have it's exploits/problems.

it'll now be a ping/connection battle vs a larger force/insta-click gimick/harm touch battle
    Lejaun likes this.
  16. Khanfu Elder

I really believe so as well. We all know this TLP being proposed is going to be DoA without some drastic changes. The population will never last.
  17. Ythera Augur

What happens with mobs that have aoes? Do those still affect people outside of who they're locked to?
    Schwifty and Yinla like this.
  18. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

At least its not PvP. Although, that would be fun to hear the tales of woe if the encounter locking worked on the players too.
  19. Lexx42 New Member

and I'm halfway across the globe from the servers. oops.
  20. Domniatric Augur

Pure speculation at this point but I wouldn't be surprised if specifically the people that were in a group/raid were the ones locked on engagement and would be the only ones eligible to do dmg to it until a hard reset. And, possibly dropping from that group took you off that list. Therefore, this whole idea of a bard kiting while you assemble or forming alternate groups simply wouldn't work.
    Fallfyres, Komodon and code-zero like this.