If 2023 TLP is PvP TLE server

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by uberkingkong, Mar 6, 2023.

1. Stagentti Augur

I'm glad we've now established the Reddit post wasn't censored by the mods.

"It was deleted / censored everywhere. In case you didn't notice The linked thread about in on Reddit is a deleted post"

Deleted by the OP, a PVP boi, themselves. Could have left it up for people to see the announcement even if couldn't comment. Actively chose not to.

I hope we can move past this victim mentality that everyone was out to sabotage the PVP event.
    Lejaun, Tweakfour17 and Skuz like this.
  2. Stagentti Augur

What's the population on those emulated servers? Would be a good judge of interest while factoring in not everyone wants to pay to play EQ or with new changes (some folks on p99 for example).
  3. Triconx Augur

Yeah those daily 60 players on the red server. Such a thriving population to make an entire server for. I'm sure it will be a good financial decision.
    Lejaun likes this.
  4. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And that is missing the point, if they are not interested in Everquest PvP enough to at least show a presence on a free server how are the devs supposed to know about their interest in PvP? The devs are asking for people to show their support with the existing PvP server so that they have evidence that there would be people on a TLP PvP server.

Simply put if the devs state what is required for a new PvP server and the people who claim they want PvP can't even do that why should the devs think that they would show up for a paid server?
    Lejaun and code-zero like this.
  5. kenmei Augur

same troll every year spouting the same argument every year.
    and this year he wont listen either, but we shall once again try.
    We didnt show up to the Zek server event because we knew it was an empty gesture no matter what occurred (and insulting to go to the server that caused the rage), Smedley was still part of the company, so pvp returning would have never happened, we knew that. You didnt, thats fine, dont insult our intelligence, insult yours.
    Now today we have actual numbers on where pve and pvp mmos stand in popularity. one of the latest mmo to released was a team based mmo (New World by Amazon, lots of money behind it), launched with over 1 million online (that means more than that was bought), Smedley joined the game and they systematically changed the game from pvp to pve without the consent of the players, just the advice from wise EQ-like players who told them pve is always the better game for longevity. Well they went from 1 million players online to 10k in under a year.
    clearly pve is not the king you think it be... or maybe just maybe EQ would be more popular? it isnt, this is why.
  6. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Bringing up what the devs have stated is needed for them to consider a TLP PvP server is trolling? If players are unwilling to join a free server to show support for a rule set for something that happened in 2005 why should the devs believe that they would paid server?

It has been stated many times what is required to have a TLP PvP server considered yet the only thing the PvP crowd seems to want to do is create new threads with wild claims such as PvP is coming and complain when people point out what has been asked.

And you need to stop comparing games that are designed around PvP to one that had it as an addon and hasn't done any design considerations for PvP in decades.

As a note Smedley was involved with the game from the development stage as the person in charge of development.
    Lejaun and code-zero like this.
  7. kenmei Augur

you realize the back bone of EQ is Tanarus. a team PVP game.
    New World is just the latest example of the pve crowd convincing a pvp mmo to go pve and how well it worked out.
    also smedley was brought in late alpha. I know, I was playing all 3 alphas, he came in alpha 3. So just like the rest of your statements, this is also false. When Smedley came aboard I refunded my prepurchase of NW, knowing full well what he would do.

additionally, you claim EQ has not done any work towards pvp on their games in decades. You may not have ever left these boards, but that being said, go to the main screen and chose games, pick eq2, thus you do not have to fear leaving this website its still here.. now go to server types and tell me if you see a pvp server type, or multiple. yes you do, and you also see new releasing ones, amazing, again you said EQ devs have not worked on elements of pvp for this game for decades? truly? oh now devs that work in the same building never cross over and never talk to each other either? dont share producers and never talk to each other at meetings, ever.. ok, sure.
  8. Stagentti Augur

PVP bois hop from topic to topic making stuff up. It's getting kind of sad.

The shift from full on PVP to a PVP/PVE hybrid,with more attention being given to PVE, was done WAY before launch. That's your first lie.

Anyone who played launch and/or followed the game at all knows the reason for the drastic drop in population was absurd queue times, server transfer issues (including letting people move to already high pop servers driving up queues, which resulted in max exodus elsewhere and killed that server. Only one transfer allowed initially so you were stuck), and an absolutely absurd amount of bugs being reported in forums nonstop.

It was not because of Smedley shifting the game from PVP to PVE post launch.

It isn't down to 10k online in under a year. You can simply look at the Steam charts to see that.

This is so sad.
  9. Stagentti Augur

Lol didn't even play the launched game yet acts like he knows the issues with it. Lulz
  10. kenmei Augur

EQ pvp players dont play on EQ emulated servers, as there isnt a ruleset that matches the sullon zek playstyle to this date. They do play on RoR 6k players average, multiple WOW emulations of the 20 I have payed they range from 1k -15k players each. They play on DAoC emulators as well Phoenix last I saw had about 5k playin. this is EQ's attainable mmo pvp market, if they want it, to say it doesnt exist is nonsense. more than 1 million bought into New World thinking it would have been a team pvp game, and it wasnt, and it failed dramatically because of that false advertising. but the pvp thirst is out there, clearly.
  11. Triconx Augur

D
    Dont feed the dungeons rats. Dude thinks PVP would outnumber PVE players in EQ when there isn't a single moment in the game's history this was true.
    Lejaun and Stagentti like this.
  12. Triconx Augur

I'm sure they do. Always the same lame excuses with no evidence.

"Theres no good pvp ruleset in live"
    "Project 99 has no good ruleset"
    "The sun is too bright in my basement window"
    "I ran out of cheeto funds and needed to retire"

It's a revolving door of excuses. If the ruleset isn't apparently perfect nobody plays. Guess what: you'll never have a 100% perfect server ruleset so deal with what you got and play it if you want pvp. Otherwise shut up and quit being a troll.

Why do devs release carbon copy servers a lot? Because even it's most unpopular one - Yelinak - is guaranteed money. The same cannot be said about PVP when they all give flaky excuses about needing the most ideal ruleset ever concocted to even consider playing. Bunch of primadonnas.
    Lejaun likes this.
  13. kenmei Augur

They changed the pvp rules in the game beta 1. alpha 2 they turned off the ffa rules to avoid corpse camping newbies. alpha 3 was the strongest build, but had the ability to ban ppl in the game with spam reporting, and with the coming pvp changes we saw, game was dead before beta launched. Would have launched with a hella lot more than 1 million had it been a good game. funny people can stand in the same space and see two different narratives reminds me of something else, I am sure it's the same in that regards as well.
  14. kenmei Augur

yes my yearly trolling of 'did you decide to make EQ profitable and make a pvp tlp yet?' no? see ya next year.
  15. Triconx Augur

Eq is already profitable, genius. PvP will have no bearing on that fact. Now go run along not playing EQ because you provide nothing of value to this thread or game. You don't even play based on this comment so you're not even an active customer. Even more a reason to not listen to you.
    Lejaun likes this.
  16. kenmei Augur

all that proven in this statement is your take on things is so much like the devs of today's games. and thus why the games of today are in the dire straits they are in.
  17. Goburs The Filthy Casualz Leader

I don't understand why there's so much disdain towards a PvP TLP server. I doubt it will happen, but if they release TLP's in pairs, why not just do one blue and one red?

There was Tallon, Rallos, Sullon, and Vallon, and they all had extremely high populations at first. They did dwindle down eventually because of the ever-so blatant hacking, warping, tracking etc.....but the interest was there for years. I will say, originally coming from Sullon, it was the most fun I have had in this game, though everyones experience was much more fun back then.

Unfortunately, these forums, like most, have been taken over by a few dozen people who sit on here and talk nonstop about what THEY want, and what THEY think should happen. DPG like most companies will always grease the squeaky wheels. I will never understand why people take such a firm stand against things other people want. It literally makes absolutely no sense.

To be fairly open, I have no clue what it takes to make a PvP server, but I can only imagine that at this point, it would be fairly easy for DPG to see the demand that has come to these forums over the years, on the facebook page, twitter etc....how hard would it be, and why aren't you listening to the folks who want this? What would the harm be? All you krono farmers could still get your banks filled with cash, we know why most people play TLPs....
    Magician9001 likes this.
  18. code-zero Augur

From what I've been seeing it's been 18+ years since there's been a ruleset that is acceptable to the forum fighters.

So what is the special sauce that made a PvP server acceptable?

As far as I can determine it's been some sort of faction based server however what I recall of faction based servers is that after a time one faction would come to dominate the majority of the world, there's another faction that is essentially bottled up in a few zones, and one faction essentially disappearing. In other words EVIL wins, the NEUTS are barely hanging on and GOOD is extinct. At least it was like that when last I played on an actual PvP server.

The odd thing is that the forum fighters like to talk about "battling for camps", "settling things between players" and the hilarious "getting rid of the bot crews", Don't they remember how faction based teams work?
  19. kenmei Augur

eq is barely treading water because they are being propped up by a group of 'gamers' who have made their living investing in the ponzi scheme called 'krono'. Once these exploiters/dupers die off, and they will sooner than you think, the ponzi is over. The game needs to capture the market share it once had if it wants to survive into the next era. krono farmers are not the answer. they were at best, an infected ooze covered dirty band aid.
    but hey this is just my opinion, you have yours, clearly, and it seems you have a game here that is so successful it needs no changes whatsoever according to you. grats on your delusion!
  20. Stagentti Augur

Nice pivot.

Thank you for not disputing you made things up.