Consider a couple tweaks to the slayer achievements

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Pikollo, Mar 17, 2023.

1. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I have been saying that it is a pointless change and a waste of time. My position on the CRC does not prevent me from providing feedback on the forums or responding to people that address me on them.

I have never indicated that I have any say in what they do, just that I can provide feedback like everyone else.
  2. Tweakfour17 Augur

Yes, you have made your position quite clear and continue to do so. I never said your position on the CRC precludes you from being or providing anything, I merely brought it up to fit the reason why you were chosen to fill this hypothetical intern's work load. It's backstory.

What feedback is important to you? If you could choose some low hanging qol improvements (again, magically fixing lag is off the table), what would those fixes or changes be?
    Skuz likes this.
  3. FranktheBank Augur

Jesus Christ Waring, you failed BOTH questions. This is why you find yourself universally at ends on these forums. You are not able to have a coherent discussion and instead choose to attempt to impose your beliefs as blanket facts, when in fact you are often, so very often, incorrect.

This post will probably be deleted for "trolling" but its not. Honestly, someone needs to call out the consistent and frequent non-constructive arguments you post, which are, by the rules of the forums not allowed.
  4. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I gave you an answer and explained why I fell the way I do you just don't seem to agree with me.
  5. ISmellLikeInnySwamp Augur

I honestly don't think that enough TLP players care enough about slayer achievements to make this change. Whenever I was working through the slayer achievements, I felt like I was the only player completing them. I'm basing my information off of my guild member's words.

I do like Pikollo's suggested change. If it gets implemented, cool. If it gets tossed into the someday bin, oh well.
  6. Pikollo Augur

To you. To others it may be.

Not gonna look back at it but I am pretty sure what I said in the test patch was it felt unfair to take away all the strikes and give TLP back next to nothing since it all couldn't be completed. This post is a suggestion to ease the burden in early game play that TLP's are.

Maybe you missed the point. Its understandable that we have to do all that work to complete banestrike. But we can't complete it until VoA. So allowing us the smaller achievements to do first, then organically completing the others over time is what we are asking.

Again its different for others. Maybe TLP players could care less about the fish that got changed on live.

But no one ever addresses you on the forums. You just appear and be negative. In the original post it didn't end with "what say you Waring??" So that is basically a lie. Because who would address you initially and bring you in? You also may not have said out loud you have a say but what you do is imply that you know for a fact what they will say/do/want.

Our guild has a bunch that are interested but the thought of killing 100k mobs for a 2% gain is off-putting for most. I've seen a handful of people on TB doing them though. I think people want to do it but for all that work.... But in the end as you said. If it gets implemented, cool. If it doesn't, then I guess we don't play that part of the game the devs made for us.
    Wyre Wintermute likes this.
  7. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

There is an easy fix for this -- you complete 90% of the Slayer section you get a Banestrike AA. This covers almost all out of era ones and you still need to complete a significant amount of each section.

Yes I play TLPs full time on Thornblade as a druid named Aethn.
  8. Pappasalt Augur

I guess the question would be, what would be the negative to changing it?

And no "dev time" isn't one. You don't choose what they do with their time no more than we do, quit it.

Side question, which TLP do you currently play on Waring and with what guild?
  9. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And that is the point of providing feedback, just as you are allowed to keep repeating your position that this is a good idea others are allowed to say that this isn't a good idea

They didn't take anything away from the TLP servers as nothing changed with the achievements themselves. The only thing that changed was the ability itself became better for all players on all servers.

And the TLP players still have a better ability then they did before the patch. As others have said the devs could always update it so that it is locked until the expansion that it was released in.

The achievements themselves did not change with the patch and you still have the exact same ability to do them as you did before the patch.

I am simply addressing the issue that there are requests to change something because something else changed with a patch. The achievements themselves did not get touched with the patch and the only change was to an ability that left all servers in a better position.

And they are going to need to do that eventually if they want to max out their banestrike ability. You either do it as soon as you can or push it off and do it later. Even with your suggested change you still have to do the same amount of work to max your banestrike ability.
  10. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Why spend the time to change it when players will still have to do the exact same amount of work to finish their AA's and it just shifts things around?
  11. Tweakfour17 Augur

You missed the 2nd part of his post, what TLP server(s) do you play on?
  12. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

The only possible issue I could see with this would be those who have completed the parts you want to see change, but not all of that achievement.

I'm not sure how easy it is to change an achievement once it has been set up, even when they just change the reward we all get announced as just recieving that achievement again when logging in.

Having just hit Seeds of Destruction, I can see me hitting the 5K gnolls mark without trying just doing quests and hunter.
  13. Pikollo Augur

I see where you're coming from with the first part and don't disagree. But the flip side is if they are not done with all of Force of Nature then chances are they'd have to kill less mobs to get 4% if it were flipped. So its still a win. I did think about anyone who was done with Force of Nature may be mad. But the few on a TLP that have it probably wouldn't out weigh the happy people that have to do Progressive instead. And live players shouldn't be effected at all since the two achievements being switched are probably done or could be done fast.

As for the gnolls part. Thats sort of the point of asking for this change. You're not going to Blackburrow killing level 5 gnolls to get an achievement. The kills are coming as you play.

Do you guys really think Waring will answer you? Or just reply to my reply saying what he always does?
  14. Pikollo Augur

Just so everyone is aware. Accendo said he'd bring the issue up at the meeting this week. What that means or who it involves I don't know. I know who I hope it doesn't involve. Either way it will be looked at I guess.
  15. Captain Video Augur

I'll make the observation here that Accendo said he would bring up the suggestions made about the flagging issues at a meeting, which affect 1000x more players than your suggestion, and nothing happened. He even posted that promise here in the forum, as opposed to what I presume is a private PM in this case, and still nothing happened. Interpret that as you will.
  16. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

He said it in Discord in TLP-general-discussion: https://discord.com/channels/618902729925984279/1082753049229004891/1087466542758899722
  17. Pikollo Augur

All I can tell you is in Discord he said he'd wrote it down for the meeting.

18. Captain Video Augur

OK. My point remains. Don't get your hopes up. :)
  19. Tweakfour17 Augur

Which flagging issues? The recent changes to SoD/EoK and TBL? Or were there others?
  20. Captain Video Augur

You want to go THERE? Tell that to the players on Mangler who were in SoD more than a year ago now. It's been hashed to death on this forum already. You know full well the point I'm making.