Consider a couple tweaks to the slayer achievements

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Pikollo, Mar 17, 2023.

1. Aiona Augur

I do care about them, along with most of the achievements. Sorry I don't have much to add to the conversation otherwise but I at least wanted to post showing I care :D
    GugokSkulkraker likes this.
  2. FranktheBank Augur

No, you gave an answer, then gave a nonsensical answer that sort of backs up the OPs point. Then you answered 2) with some dev time nonsense which was literally THE OPPOSITE OF THE ENTIRE EXERCISE.
    Pikollo likes this.
  3. Indigo_Quarmite Augur

Alternatively, banestrike doesn't belong on TLP in the first place. Just expansion lock it.
    Velisaris_MS and Yinla like this.
  4. Shredd Augur

Banestrike is just so much fun. . so glad I am done
  5. Pikollo Augur

Did Waring pay you to come over from live to make a comment? lol.
  6. Pikollo Augur

Just to update everyone. Reply from Accendo on Discord.

Appren and Kaenneth like this.
  7. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Selfishness that they want their own pet projects done first.
  8. Ishbu Augur

I have completed every possible slayer when they became possible to do so on my current TLP. This includes things that are out of era but are still possible if you really know where and when to look. To get Force of Nature, you only have to play the game and kill generic categories of things. To get all of the Progressive achievements you actually have to play the game longer, kill harder things, and take faction hits, something that is not required at all for the Force of Nature achievement.

If someone were to casually play through a TLP lifecycle, they would much sooner get all the Conquest achievements completed than they would end killing all the different mob types for the progressive achievements.

You want something changed to fit your own desires, thats human nature, but that doesnt make it something that needs to be changed. The order they are attainable is just fine to me from first hand experience doing the thing you are trying to explain to me what it would take to do.
  9. Indigo_Quarmite Augur

No but I was a fan of the proc system. It was nice and easy to notice. So they ruined it and should just expansion lock it going forward so I don't have to worry about it. Live can solve their raid lag issues by upgrading their PCs and hiding other spells/procs. Be better live players.

Also, I don't really play live. I dabble on FV out of supreme boredom. The game is pretty terrible around level 70 plus. Currently up to 80 and its just not fun. TLP 4 Life.
    Captain Video likes this.
  10. Pikollo Augur

Which TLP are you on? If you're able to finish alarans and cliknar out of era do tell. I haven't seen anything before their expansions. Unless you mean an anniversary quest/event I don't know about. In which case the point is kinda moot because you can't always complete it out of era.

I assume when you say "when they become available" your TLP is past VoA. Which would put you in the same category as someone from live when compared to a new TLP pre-VoA.

Either way the progression through slayer achievements should still start at the beginning IMO. Less kills - less rewards, more kills - final reward.
  11. Waring_McMarrin Augur

All the lag issues that live is having is because of lag on the Everquest servers and it has nothing to do with the players computers.
  12. Captain Video Augur

I think he's talking about the server-class PCs on the back end. EQ server code isn't running on Linux.
  13. Waring_McMarrin Augur

The post specifically mentioned things that live players can do such hiding spells/procs something that can't be done on the servers themselves which are the source of the lag. Also from what I can see no one said anything about linux so not sure where that is coming as nothing eq related runs on lunix from my understanding.
  14. Captain Video Augur

As an aside, this is not correct. The EQ client can run on Linux either by using Wine/Crossover or the Linux Steam client. This has been true for quite a while now. It's only the server side which is tied to Windows. The client on Linux Steam will use a thing called Protontricks to add in a replacement library for DX9. (It's my understanding that this same technique will work to run the EQ client on the Steam Deck, although I have not personally tried it yet.)
  15. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Sure it can be run if you have software that lets you run windows software on that operating system and it isn't something that it is designed to do.