Secrets of Faydwer - 12 flags for 54 people?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Hamshire, Nov 19, 2022.

1. sieger Augur

"You're wrong", but then your post doesn't contradict anything I said. I never once said "nothing should ever be changed", I said asking for a nerf is not the same thing as asking for a fix. A nerf is asking for something to be made easier, a fix is asking for something broken to be repaired. Nothing is broken about SoF progression.

I also have never advocated the TLPs be run through exactly as the original expansions were intended. Why? Because when Phinigel went through all of these expansions they did all of these same complaints--you guys aren't new or special. Largely thanks to Phinigel being the "guinea pigs" for modern TLPs, rebalances have already been applied to progression for almost every expansion. A few additional rebalances have happened due to particularly toxic server issues around expansions like Kunark / Luclin / PoP.

When Selo / Mangler / Coirnav which all came after Phinigel, were able to run through the revamped progression that has already been rebalanced and all three servers completed these eras just fine, that is how I know that nothing needs to be changed.

Also I can say based on that experience, if any expansion still needs progression revamped it is probably Burning Lands--although I think TBL is still fine for "normal" TLPs. They may want to revamp it because they do have a few TLPs coming through the pipeline now with accelerated expansion unlocks and it isn't quite right for those, but the rest of the expansion through to live are fine with the tuning done for Phinigel.
  2. Rogean Lorekeeper

With the patch next week many of us are hoping an increase of the key drops could be snuck in then. It would be a simple change. Otherwise, we may not see a change until whenever the next patch is and that would be too late to benefit Aradune/Rizlona.
  3. Tweakfour17 Augur

Next patch is Dec 6. SoF opens Dec 8. Typically they do patches monthly. If January is too late to benefit Aradune/Rizlona then doesn't that mean there is really no issue? If 1 month into a 3 month expansion you've progressed far enough that fixing flags won't be a benefit then does it need to be fixed at all? (It does, just saying your post is a bit weird)
  4. Chopsuey Augur

They definitely should increase drops for flagging on tlp's. It just makes sense. You're condensing a 1 year expansion into 2-3 months so why wouldn't you compensate? It doesn't mean that it's "broken" or needs "fixed". But it should be changed to suit the timelines of tlp's.
  5. Badardy New Member

If a dev or customer service replies on this thread I will donate $2000 to a charity of their choice.
    Genoane and Thash like this.
  6. Ishbu Augur

Guilds who will tell you they dont split raids have long been breaking into small groups(splits if being a stickler for the definition of the word) to accomplish flagging. PoP is a good example where you had to do justice trials with 6, hedge maze with 18 The only real difference is the game put a limitation on how many you could do the earlier flagging requirements with and in SoF it would be guilds being belligerent about it to only their own detriment

When talking about splits, its referring to top end raids, not lower tier speedbump encounters. My mistake in the first post was assuming the people here who rightly care about the lack of flags being awarded are in guilds going for cyrstallos, and not in guilds who will struggle with big bynn.
  7. Ngreth Thergn Developer

We will consider this. While I don't know if we'll go as far as the original poster suggested of 12 to 36 (change average from 34 to 11...) I would more likely consider 24, so an average of 17.

And yes. The earliest this change could make it is the January patch.
  8. Penelo Lorekeeper

Sounds like someone owes a charity 2000 dollars.
    Nick Danger, Chikkin and Stymie like this.
  9. theonepercent Augur

Any increase would be amazing, if you could also take a look at some later expansions especially TBL that'd be great. Thanks! https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...ression-bottlenecks-3-potential-fixes.287071/
  10. Ngreth Thergn Developer

There is an increase to EoK and TBL keys on progression servers... may have made the November patch? But will be in the December patch if not. I missed writing a patch note!
    Nick Danger, Chikkin, Tarvas and 5 others like this.
  11. Penelo Lorekeeper

Just slide a casual x2 on those tier 2 bosses in SoF for us Ngreth. You don't even have to write the patch note. Slip it on up in there.
  12. SteamFox Augur

Thank you!!
  13. 3rdconix Elder

18 is a good compromise as it keeps the people wanting to run splits as an options while also accelerating the time period to flag for non-massive splitting guilds.

Edit: Can you also take a look at SoD progression? Tower keys are 6x per week (3x events dropping 2 keys each) without and entire raid needs one to get into Discord tower. Each event should drop at least 4-6 keys each for 12-18 a week without splitting.
  14. Leorium The Fluffy Wolf

By chance, can there be an increase for Veeshan's Peak and Sleeper's Tomb keys? Both of these have the same issue, and many guilds can't see this content in era with an appropriate raid force.

Vex Thal key changes were amazing and highly needed. Thank you for doing this one as well.
  15. McJumps TLP QoL Activist

Sleepers Tomb and VP are easy to get into compared to Crystallos. You can be in there within a week or two without splitting. 54 people raiding a weekly schedule with no splits will take about 6 weeks to get fully keyed into Crystallos. Not only are you off topic for this thread, but the two things are not even comparable.
  16. Softserve*Mangler New Member

MMM elevators, hardest part of SoF
    Yinla likes this.
  17. Leorium The Fluffy Wolf

Apparently you don't have a clue of what you're talking about. If you're talking about letting everyone for Crystallos then let's talk about keeping everyone, 72 people, for VP without splits.

Ignoring everything except Trakanon's teeth, and let's say 9 teeth drop every Trakanon kill. That would take 8 weeks to key a 72 raid force. Guess what? Velious is out by the time you get a full raid keyed.

Yes, yes. I know you don't need 72 people keyed. You also don't need 54 for Crystallos. So let's cut down to average numbers. 45 people keyed for VP and 7 teeth per Trakanon for average sake. That's still 6 to 7 weeks to get a raid force keyed. Please tell me how that is not in the same ball park? Now let's include everything else to get into VP. You have everyone sit at a ground spawn or named spawn that spawns 1 every 8 hours that everyone is fighting for that 1 spawn. Even if you have an entire pick locked down for just your guild, that's 3 items of 1 medallion a day. You need multiple medallions, so it averages 3 full medallion sets every day if you have the pick locked down for only your guild. Crystallos keying is a breeze compared to the effort you have to put in for VP key overall.

It's a simple fact that guilds outside the top hardcore go getters won't see VP in era
  18. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Of course it is going to take longer to key 72 people then it would to key 54 people. There is no reason that you would need to have a full raid of 72 to get the items from Trakanon and doing that just slows you down for no reason.
  19. Leorium The Fluffy Wolf

Now let's talk about Sleepers Tomb. A DZ guild outside of paying massive amounts of Kronos/plat for keys, will get about 6 neck items a week. That's 7 weeks to get a raid force completely keyed
  20. Leorium The Fluffy Wolf

You apparently didn't even read the post cause I reduced it to more realistic numbers. Read it again as I said 45 people realistically.