How about a parcel agent AA.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Laeadern, Oct 23, 2022.

1. Laeadern Elder

A parcel agent AA addition would be really nice.
  2. Shanarias Augur

It would be great to pop a Parcel Vendor while in my house!
  3. Laeadern Elder

I sorta meant when you are on the go out and about...lol.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

You can already. This is the house parcel vendor quest

Courier of Favor rewards [IMG] Hyredel Swiftstride [League of Antonican Bards]

And yes, it would be handy to pop a parcel guy like we can bankers and tribute. Guess Parcels vendors weren't around when they were doing Veteran AA.
    Deux, Paladin, Rijacki and 2 others like this.
  5. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I think they sell some sort of voucher in the marketplace that works that way.
    Or is it only for buying in baz while on the run?
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  6. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

The 'send to me' voucher can be bought with real money.

Parcel option is a small plat sink. But not available everywhere to make the paid option more desirable.

Doesn't seem like a good business decision (to make available everywhere). On the other hand how many people buy the instant gratification vouchers?
  7. Laeadern Elder

Im not talking about getting stuff from the bazzar i'm talking about parcel vendor when you are in the wild and not anywhere near one like the banker AA.
  8. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Things parceled to you by another player don't offer them an opportunity to make money. So again, no, that would take a revenue stream away, for the convenience of a non-revenue stream.
    Duder likes this.
  9. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I think he's talking about SENDING parcels, not receiving them. Which the current vouchers don't accomplish (I think). So, not cutting into that revenue stream.
  10. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

That makes sense, except the UI is both send and receive. They would need to make a send only interface. No selling junk, no pick up of parcel, only a send interface?

Not trying to be negative, but it doesn't sound like a great use of resources. IMO
  11. Loup Garou De loop de loop

You guys are so far off track.

Its not about vouchers and buying from baz and paying fees or sending parcels.

All of those you have to GO TO A PARCEL NPC in a nearby town, the lobby or Sunrise Hills to send parcels. Yes, you can get them sent to you direct but this is what he is talking about:

What OP wants is AN AA LIKE THE SUMMON BANKER only it would be SUMMON PARCEL NPC and would pop a parcel NPC for you to interact with even if you were in the wilds of say, Frontier Mountains or Crystal Caverns or the middle of Qeynos Hills or not near a town.

The closest thing you can get to this was mentioned above about that quest to get a parcel merchant that is placeable in houses Hydral something.

I think if we have bankers, and tribute NPC we can summon then yes we should be able to summon a parcel guy. Have faith!! After all they did just recently make the guys in the Lobby "parcel" merchants.

And it would be a great idea if we killed that Jester summon and replaced it with a parcel one. Shoot make it a perk and charge $2/month
    Rijacki, Joules_Bianchi and Shanarias like this.
  12. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Better idea just add a parcel to the stuff we can already summon (not the banker) Peddler and resupply agent.
    Celephane likes this.
  13. Celephane Augur

Just add parcel to existing AA vendor.
  14. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Oracle says: No. A summon parcel agent is not in your future.
  15. Tatanka Joe Schmo

No worries, I make that argument all the time. And probably for this, as well. Just wanted to clarify that what OP wanted didn't interfere with the $$$ option to receive them.

So, I guess I'm the odd duck for this feature? I've probably sent/received less than 10 parcels ever in EQ.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  16. Celephane Augur

The cash option still has an item from Bazaar sent to a parcel
  17. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Or you know, just do what World of Warcraft and Elder Scrolls Online do and eliminate the NPC step and just add items as attachments to email.
  18. Treiln Augur

WoW still requires a mailbox to retrieve said item though. But they do have a mobile mailbox (which would be equivalent of a parcel vendor)
  19. Fenthen aka Rath

You can get a parcel merchant for your house already.
  20. Laeadern Elder

Exactly what I was getting at.