Level 100 Heroic Characters Are Almost Here!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Accendo, Sep 13, 2022.

1. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

2. Waring_McMarrin Augur

That would only apply if you knew that the level 100's got 150 in all tradeskills (and that it impacted the trophies) and that is not clear from the documentation on them so far.
  3. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Some of you have no clue about the real purpose of these things. They serve 2 purposes:

1) Cash infusion for the company from people that don't want to spend the time/effort to get those early levels/progression done

2) Avenue for people having trouble or intimidated by the "climb" to get a character *high enough to group with current max level players* (and getting cash from it, but to be fair, THIS cash is really in lieu of some of the lost subscription costs from allowing the player to skip ahead).

The only reason they are higher than the lowest level that can group with a max level character is to make them gtg for X years in the future.

They are not intended to be "good" or "well-geared" or capable of doing Y content. That's why they don't have all these things people are asking for or higher than they are. These characters will be able to group up with level 130 characters. At the current pace, that puts it at us needing another tier of heroics around December 2027. That's why level 100 was chosen.
    Mesc, code-zero, Tarvas and 1 other person like this.
  4. Bernel Augur

I would assume that a player returning to EQ is going to realize a H85 or H100 is not going to have an ez-mode, red carpet path to 120. They played EQ before and they know the kind of game EQ is. I would think they would realize that the heroics are just a faspath to that level. Progress after that is going to be standard, EQ-style progress. Total newbies (never played EQ, don't have any friends in EQ) will probably be shocked at how hard it is to progress after buying a H100, but I would guess they make up just a tiny percentage of heroic sales. I would assume that most heroic buyers have the EQ experience to have a pretty good and realistic idea of what it will take to progress their heroic character.
    Jent likes this.
  5. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Might not be 'ez-mode' but it does make it easier for those that don't have the ability to easily PL someone until they are high enough to group with. Not to mention some basic gearing up.
  6. Qwalla Developer

I mentioned earlier in the thread that they receive 150 in all TS, and that L100 Heroic Characters will not be receiving beginner trophies. A level 100 with 150 skills will need to do the level appropriate quests.
    code-zero likes this.
  7. cromgod New Member

i have a question as back in the old days when i upgraded my lvl 96 warrior to a lvl 85 heroic char i drop back down to lvl 85 so my question is thes if i upgrade a lvl 120 char will he drop down to lvl 100 from using the lvl 100 heroic on him ??
  8. cromgod New Member

i have a question for the staff as back when i was lvl 96 on my warrior name MCwillnow i use a lvl 85 heroic on him and i drop back down to lvl 85 so my question is if i use a lvl 100 heroic on my lvl 120 warrior will he drop back down to lvl 100 or will he still stay as lvl 120 ??
  9. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Sorry if I wasn't clear about my reply but I was more referring to the fact that down the road after this thread is gone people might not realize that they get 150 in all tradeskills and that will impact how they get the tradeskill trophies. I was responding to the suggesting that people start a toon to start on tradeskills and get the beginner trophies before they use the heroic character option to raise their level and tradeskills.
    Qwalla and Nennius like this.
  10. Petalonyx Augur

I think it takes way less time, plat, etc to level from 85 to 100 than it does to do the advanced TS trophy quests.

For many, this will mean LVL 85 heroic is still the best choice.

My recommendation = remove the noob trap. Make the beginner TS trophy available to all regardless what TS skill level you have. No one should be punished for advancing their skills and forgetting a quest (or not knowing about it, as I'd guess is the usual case).
  11. Pelrond Elder

Is there armor and stuff on a heroic prestige or can they be free to play?
  12. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

You can buy the level 100 Heroic and you can use a free to play or silver account and you will get all the AA up to level 100 - in other words it overrides the AA cap on free and silver accounts. Of course you cannot earn more AA unless you go paid but its a super boost.

I would assume like the level 85 Heroic that the gear will be called "Heroic something" and be good for any account
    Pelrond likes this.
  13. Gialana Augur

Why not just keep the level 100 heroic characters starting at 50 in each tradeskill like the level 85 heroic characters? Going from 50 to 150 is pretty simple in at least most of the tradeskills.
  14. Waring_McMarrin Augur

The quest at 150 might be harder but I don't think it is that much harder to warrant not nerfing the tradeskill levels given.
  15. Spacemonkey555 Augur

Instead of fixing the nonissue of heroic characters getting an appropriate level of skill it would make more sense to fix the tradeskill trophy quests. No reason a master should be denied the ability to do a beginner quest. Put in a different npc that just gives all the beginner quests if changing the old npcs is too complex. Makes more sense than punishing every tradeskill related decision going forward forever.
    Raccoo and Sancus like this.
  16. Velisaris_MS Augur

But you're forcing those toons now to do the harder trophy quests...that in no way feels like a benefit or perk of spending money for a heroic toon. And by harder, I mean harder to get the materials.

You should either grant them the 150 skill appropriate trophies (what they would get from doing the harder quests) or give them the option to start at 0 skill (or 1 or whatever it is for fresh toons) so they can do the easier quests and evolve the trophy as they skill up like everyone else.

You grant these heroic toons the level appropriate gear, AA, spells, plat, and free bags...why not grant them the trophies since you're forcing them to start at 150 skill?
  17. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

That isn't how it works and didn't happen to you. So not sure why you are stating it.

Upgrading a character to a heroic that is higher than the heroic level just upgrades any stats you didn't have maxed. It doesn't delevel you.

People used to use heroics on their mains just to get begging maxed to level 85 skill level (before they made skills have accelerated skillups to within 5 levels of your current cap) because you could literally spend 2 hours for 1 skill up on begging when you were level 110 or whatever.
  18. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

For the love of....

NO

Freaking wanting every thing given to you for free, I swear, as if ANY level 100 character, heroic or not, will have problems getting materials for the t3 or t4 trophies. What a joke.
  19. theonepercent Augur

You've got a pretty interesting definition of the word free.
  20. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Asking for something you are not getting? Yes, that is asking for something for free. I don't care if you bought a steak, it doesn't entitle you to a free cheesecake just because you want it.