Vaniki 50% increase to rares added PERMA (Confirmed)

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Vicus, Jun 24, 2022.

1. Vicus Augur

What was already an amazing server just got better. Today a yellow message was added that stated rares spawn increased to 50%. Later on at night I spoke with a GM who confirmed that it is a perma change and will be added to the next patch notes. 50% Rares, double loot drops. Hard challenging content. Perfect.

[IMG]
    Skuz, Foaming and Rebelicious like this.
  2. Timmyboi Dunning Kruger Award Winner

As long as folks are enjoying themselves enough to continue subscribing and funding my beloved EQ game, then I’m all for it. Hope you guys on Vaniki keep on keepin on
    minimind, Foaming, Stymie and 2 others like this.
  3. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Basically, everything but ultra rare loot (Goblin Gazughi Ring, Solist Icy Wand), some in-demand raid loot (Amulet of Necropotence), and the latest-and-greatest items, will dramatically drop in value.

This is a positive change for the vast majority of players. It could up-end the farmers (not that they had a major presence).
    Dre., minimind, Skuz and 1 other person like this.
  4. Balding New Member

Good change. However it broke some spawns/respawns. I've seen people mentioning bosses in LDON not spawning. My personal experience is with the iksar betrayer in chardok. It's ph and surrounding enemies were not up when I logged in there and did not spawn in 1.5 hours. The bridge keeper is a rare and did respawn 4 times in a row=/
  5. NorrathianMage New Member

That mob is rare in general. I killed him on Vaniki myself at 40.
  6. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Nice Change.
  7. Gheed Is not reading your response

Pretty nice.. jealous
    PatCleric likes this.
  8. Zansobar Augur

The devs are completely desperate to keep Vaniki afloat. Probably to avoid the embarrassment of yet another confirmation how wrong they are about what their player base actually wants to play.

They've probably spent more resources on Vaniki than they did on Mischief and Mischief's ruleset is still about 4 times more popular than Vaniki's.
  9. Gheed Is not reading your response

You have issues
    Stymie, Skuz and Dre. like this.
  10. minimind The Village Idiot

So they're making changes with the explicit intent of attracting more long-term players. Sounds like the exact behavior we want to encourage (within reason).
    Stymie, Tweakfour17, Skuz and 5 others like this.
  11. Triconix Augur

The atmopshere on Vaniki is completely different than my first TLP experience, and what seems to be the case for all other more regular TLPs. There's basically no kronolord botters, toxicity, overcrowding. It's a pretty relaxing server overall and fun to fool around on as there isn't much to do on Aradune at the moment.

For example, just last night I ran over to RM to quickly take out the two bozos for sham epic. Killed rogue boy, dropped double loot of his daggers so I looted a set. Ran over to Pally man and saw another sham killing already. Asked if I could loot the 2nd shield, he kindly left on corpse. I then returned the favor and waited for him to run to the rogue body and left daggers on corpse for him so nobody else would ninja them. Would that ever happen on a regular TLP? Arrows point to no.

There's also a pretty significant amount of end-game live raiders on the server which is almost assuredly a deviation to the average rerolling toxic TLPer. It provides a completely different atmosphere. Sure there are some ego maniac neckbeards on Vaniki, but they are easily avoidable.
    Skuz, Yinla, Foaming and 3 others like this.
  12. Vicus Augur

I am curious what you think they should do? Make 2 more Mischief style servers because they were popular? This would just kill Mischief off as many would just start on the "new" server. Or it would make the same server dead on arrival. Mischief is a server where loot drops like candy and anyone with money can buy it.

Vaniki is a server where if you want the challenge you can go get gear above your level but you have to work for it with other people. Different homes for way different play styles. I don't think anyone is surprised that people who want instant gratification outweigh those who are willing to work for it.
    Skuz likes this.
  13. Xeris Augur

Vaniki has been a lot of fun. Mischief wasn't my flavor, but I like them bringing up more fun and unique rulesets. Not every TLP needs to be flooded with players to be successful. Also Vaniki is super fast paced, within a few years it'll merge with a live server. So if it financially doesn't work out for them, it won't burden them too much.

I'd expect that even a less populated TLP like Vaniki is still profitable for dbg, so what do they care if it's not as popular as Mischief or Mangler or w/e other tlp
    Skuz likes this.
  14. Trevor Elder

yes it does

it was outperformed by a server with no ruleset lol

more players = more potential for spending, both in terms of number of wallets and social motivation to "invest"
  15. Ghost Of Fippy Augur

Yeah, it is not like people that are not playing on Vaniki are paying for subscriptions to play on the other TPLs instead.

Oh, wait... .
    Skuz likes this.
  16. Pikollo Augur

Aww man what a cool change. Congrats Vaniki. This is awesome. You know. Considering we were told rulesets wouldn't change and adding extra loot (or even removing truebox *cough relaxed truebox cough*) was impossible etc. etc. on Selo.

They should pay people to play Vaniki not the other way around. What a dumb server.
  17. Aeonblade Very Hungry Vah Shir

I'm glad you are enjoying your time on Vaniki, but the situation you described happens a dozen times daily with 2.0 drops on Mischief. Lying about other server communities to try to pull people in or something? Is the population already that low? Or are you just having a bad day? You used to have good posts on here. Now you just seem like every other whiner.
  18. Triconix Augur

If people like you would get their head out of their own you know what and actually tried it out, the server is pretty fun. They could definitely take a lot of the foundation of it and make it another server next year. Simply get rid of all the challenge achievements, start the level locking at 50, increase to 60, then to 65 - similar to the normal level progression of the game - and keep all these levels up to GOD era rather than keeping it max level + 10.

Vaniki gave so many alternative routes of leveling for those who don't want the absolutely brain dead route that 90% of the normal TLP community takes. It was such a breath of fresh air not being forced to go to garbage zones like Unrest, Guk, and the Hole. It made lower planes more viable, similar to like how it was on live, and guess what? IT WAS FUN. I missed grinding in places like POJ and POI. These zones go largely unused on normal TLP because they are so top heavy.
    Skuz, code-zero and Yinla like this.
  19. Triconix Augur

What are you even talking about? There were dozens of posts crying about KSers and toxicity on Mischief around 2.0s. Try harder with your lies.

I couldn't care less if people decided to play on Vaniki or not. It's a fun fool around server that I'm enjoying while Aradune is in the 70 lull. Once TSS releases I'll be concentrating more on that and after the initial rush fades, play on Vaniki more.
  20. Pikollo Augur

Vaniki had a good idea in the achievements. Thats where it ends. The ruleset is dumb. There's no challenge in bind rushing raid mobs. Especially when you guys are paying extra money so you don't lose xp. If you're not in a guild what do you do? Play to 40 then...........