THE Merc changes

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by CatsPaws, May 11, 2022.

1. Paladin Augur

TY - I missed what Ngreth said.
  2. Lawyer Augur

Will this be applied to TLPs, or will the TLP need to join up to live for this to occur? I am hoping the latter, and TLPs that have mercs will not be impacted.
  3. Waring_McMarrin Augur

This change is for all servers that have mercs unlocked.
  4. Cideral Lorekeeper

It has been several expansions since merc AA or gear was upgraded, when are those coming?
  5. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Why change the tiers of mercs in the first place?

on a side note, I want more merc slots !
  6. Numiko Augur

In typical Daybreak fashion they made changes so everyone in a group earns Merc aa's now and you can get massive amounts of them through the Overseer and then when the last expansion came out they said oh yea, we are not going to do merc AA's anymore...

This change is a boon for leveling up alts and true free to play players as they were always limited to A2 mercs, having access to A5 will definitely be a help. Only group that will see no change will be the Silver players.
  7. Waring_McMarrin Augur

They did it to remove the unused tiers which reduces the amount of work that they need to do for each new level that is added to the game. I would assume that most people would just use the most powerful merc that is available to them and not bother with the lower tiers which would mean that the work to upgrade them each expansion is just wasted.
    Wdor and Yinla like this.
  8. lumdaen New Member

Probably when they raise the level cap again :( they don't want tank mercs capable of handling named!
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I seem to recall from beta it was discussed adding new AAs/gear in non level expansions.

In level expansions they get levels to improved them, giving them new AAs and/or gear in non level expansions to improve them would make sense.
  10. Wdor Thief, Assassin, Purveyor of Fine Poisons

This brings up the question, if you Krono one month for all access, get your journeyman merc, then go back to FTP, does your merc revert back to an apprentice, or does it just get blocked, like prestige gear?
  11. Svann2 The Magnificent

It does now. When your sub expires you cannot use journeyman merc.
    code-zero and Waring_McMarrin like this.
  12. Wdor Thief, Assassin, Purveyor of Fine Poisons

Reverts or gets blocked, which?
  13. Schadenfreude Augur

If you no longer have All Access then the Journeyman merc you were using unsummons itself and cannot be used with a message warning you of this. It does not get replaced and remains unavailable until you sub again or consume a Krono.
  14. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I would assume that you are no longer able to use it as you don't meet the requirements. They are unlikely to change the tier of the merc as there are implications on hiring/firing once you are subscribed again.
  15. Captain Video Augur

It does not revert. If you have at least two merc slots, you can keep a J5 merc and an A5 merc, both hired but suspended. If your J5 merc was active when your sub expires, you will get a message it can't be used, at which point you can simply switch to your A5 merc. With only one merc slot, you would have to dismiss the J5 merc and then hire a new A5 merc at a vendor.
  16. DamionRage New Member

Can't even get the Apprentice's now currently if you're F2P
  17. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Sure you can.
  18. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

no you cannot. its a bug. you cannot unsuspend or buy or anything with a free account and mercs right now

See bug forum
  19. Zanarnar Augur

20. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Ah, my Shaman was silver. My bad on that.