Vaniki Suggestions

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Pappasalt, Apr 8, 2022.

1. Starc New Member

My suggestion, scrub all this level locked non sense. Leave it for the dead emulated servers where it belongs next to PvP servers. This will 100% be dead like Miragul in no time.

Instead do a traditional Free-Trade server with beastlord/berserker at launch and watch it be 1000x more successful then any level locked server would be.
    Sollix, Ariana and Lumiens like this.
  2. Celatus Augur

they cant do a classic server with bl and zerkers. they have said this a million times. Also I think this could be one of the coolest servers ever. having 70 content all drop at the same time instead of a painful 8 months is beautiful. If you don't like it don't play on it.
    Zinth, Yinla, Zrender and 1 other person like this.
  3. Brazy Augur

That's my plan. The people who think this is some "skilled" server crack me up. It's like those Mischief clowns claiming they were "rediscovering the game".

Yeah, no. It'll be less then high population faster then any new server is my guess. Not sure how getting one shot by monsters 30 level higher then you is "cool" but have fun zerging it up.
  4. Celatus Augur

I mean time will tell. If people are taking down pop content at 40 there is some amount of skill there. I kinda hope things are challenging. Most likely it will be more of the same but if its fun for a few months until wolk classic comes out than great.
  5. Brazy Augur

Fair enough, WOTLK classic can't come fast enough.

Lots of the content in open world can be lagged out and killed easily.
    Thats EQ Baby taught us that.
    Sollix and HekkHekkHekk like this.
  6. Celatus Augur

True story
  7. HekkHekkHekk Augur

There's only one way to combat an open world zerg.
    Brazy likes this.
  8. wade_watts Augur

Server will be dead without mischief loot rules. Sucks - I was really hoping for LLP but it’s gonna suck at this schedule without Mischief rules. Maybe 2023 they will launch fresh with Mischief setup again.
    Sollix and Brazy like this.
  9. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

When the server unlocks level 75 and SoD/UF my guess is the best guilds are going to be able to do is Queen Malarian and likely best served by "raiding" Bloodfields and City of Dranik group content for gear near 700 hp/mana and Cleave 6. Or Ashengate/Frostcrypt/Solteris 450-550 hp/mana and Cleave 7.

And that is going to be the big decisions that raid guilds need to make, how much time to devote to actual instanced raids for 4ish drops per target versus hitting group content for more gear with higher hme but lower focus.
  10. Rebelicious Augur

Why would anyone bother zerging content 30 lvls higher? The whole point of lvl locks was to allow a server with unlocked bzk/bst only. I'm at a loss to read a few posts crying about how unfun rushing through speeded content vastly past your level is going to be. Like... a few tryhard guilds may play that game... most will make a sensible, fun, balance between what can be accomplished based on lvl and maybe weekly trying for .. a bit... harder challenge.

Think for a moment what happens on regular TLPs... a few guilds spend cash and PL in the shortest time... to sit around bored stiff waiting for new content to unlock. This rule-set means the content is there... and there's a reasonable limit to how far you can push... but faster unlocks than standard... so that interminable boredom playing the same old, too easy content... and waiting far too long to get to more interesting raid content isn't holding you back.
    Zrender likes this.
  11. HekkHekkHekk Augur

I heard you have to deep split frostcrypt in order to clear content.
  12. Rebelicious Augur

Come on man... everyone knows TLP's lifespan is short... that's why a crowd rushes to join the yearly new ones. It's an old game, and yearly TLPs offer new ideas... some that prove more or less popular than others. For a fact the majority of any new TLP is going to leave within a year, 2 at the most. Accept it for what it is.
  13. JustAnotherOpinion Augur

I got yelled at by a man, who plays on a couch without any back support. Oww!

I don't have enough EQ knowledge beyond PoP to attack your position any further; however, I really dislike the FV rule set. I have an awful feeling that if Vaniki somehow receives free trade, Yelinak will also succumb to the rule set as well.
    Rebelicious likes this.
  14. Rebelicious Augur

Not everyone wants free trade... just the krono farmers who make a side hussle selling items. I mean, it's level locked temporarily... and almost all TLPs end up dead. Most of us have toons littered all over them... still miss my freaky wizard and wolf mount on the ghost server of Agnarr. PVP was great back in 2001... but the stuff that made it great died a horrible politically correct death. Just the verbal PVP alone was priceless.
  15. Machen New Member

You just described things that aren't true from the moment Vaniki launches. Ever even heard of heroic stats?
  16. Machen New Member

"Raiding" a mob that may or may not spawn in your 4 hour raid window sounds like a lot of fun. Fortunately I think most Bloodfields/City of Dranik group mobs will be doable with a lot less than a raid at level 75.
  17. Ariana Augur

Have they said why they can't do classic with those classes unlocked? Other game features were once locked to expansions, such as maps, click from bags, extended target, etc. Those have since become core parts of the game. Is stands to reason that classes could be separated from expansions in the same way and be made a part of the core game.

People often claim that the lack of epics would be an issue on prog servers. I can see this as a blocker for beastlords, I don't actually know their epic, and there must be some luclin steps required. Berserkers also have a step requiring stonebrunt, I guess this is a GoD zone?

There are two approaches that they could use to deal with this. One would be a little disclaimer pop up like the other ones you get on some servers when creating or logging in. You can't do your epic, don't like it, play another class. Another option would be use instancing to make zones available strictly for epic quest purposes. They could make some epic AOC to allow for this, to port to an instanced version of these zones. As someone who has wanted to do a true classic trilogy experience on a berserker for some time, I'd be happy with either solution.

What they chose to do for vaniki with batched expansions and level locking is a great idea, 100%. By adding the level cap, though, they're significantly altering the game experience to one you could have on literally any existing live server, but making it easier by lowering level requirements for gear and lowering spell resist rates.

The level cap, along with changes to gear/casting, is the single thing about this server that needs to go. I guarantee it's going to lead to unintended consequences like mez and max level effect on spells, and unintended exploits when they attempt to deal with that. I just don't get the appeal of making the optimal upgrade path go through the group game, or how adding future expansion gear makes the game more challenging when it's fairly accepted that raiding currently unlocked content won't be a thing.

I haven't seen a single request prior to this server opening asking for a server that caps your level lower than whatever expansion is unlocked. This server feels poorly planned, which is disappointing as the only server allowing berserkers and beastlords to start with their class and avoid rerolling.
    Thatoneguy666 likes this.
  18. Machen New Member

They COULD do it, if they wanted. Like everything else it's a matter of time and resources.

Gear itemization has been cited. So has GM and spell availability. I'm sure class balance is in the back of their minds as well, at least to a little extent. If Berserkers launch in classic and blow away all other dps due to something unforseen, that's a problem.

Vaniki may be a testing ground in that regard.
  19. HekkHekkHekk Augur

They aren't going to be able to do this while balancing the bobby buckets on Thorneblade and mischief. HUGE developmental blunder on Ngreth's part.
    Sollix likes this.
  20. Machen New Member

I actually agree with this. I don't think they really thought through what they were committing themselves to do to randomized loot for every expansion til live.