Hardcore TLP?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by UNDEADCRUSHER, Jan 30, 2022.

1. UNDEADCRUSHER Elder

Since they usually release 2 TLP every time how about one of the TLP be a HARDCORE TLP??? Just think of the chaos.
  2. Tweakfour17 Augur

Define hardcore.
    Skuz and Fenthen like this.
  3. brickz Augur

Reminder that Darkpaw, then Daybreak, thought that "hardcore" players wanted slow unlocks with slow exp and "casual" players wanted to burn through twice the amount of raids per week with one month unlocks. Just be careful what you wish for
    Fenthen, Tymeless, Yonson and 3 others like this.
  4. lollermitten New Member

I'd like to see a Fabled server where all named and raid targets are Fabled with enhanced Fabled gear. truebox, raid targets increased hp and dmg, and FV loot rules
  5. coltongrundy Augur

You wouldn't even be able to raid on that server. Fabled Trakanon hits for 5k. Every person in the raid would get 1 rounded.
    Fenthen and Treage_Imminent like this.
  6. code-zero Augur

IIRC the majority player consensus was that "hardcore" meant another Phinny clone with slower expansion release
  7. Nolrog Augur

That would take a tremendous amount of effort. You are retuning every raid. Easy to do early on, becomes very difficult later on. This is why actual fabled stopped.
    Skuz likes this.
  8. Machen New Member

I think slower release is more of a casual thing than a hardcore thing. We consistently see more casual players asking for it, not hardcore players.
    Overcast451 likes this.
  9. code-zero Augur

IMHO a casual is someone who values simplicity and graphics while hardcore value actual gameplay.

A casual wants to be able to jump online and get into a basic grind camp that doesn't require much attention.

A hardcore will get on, look at achievements, decide what they need to work on, have parsers so they can test effectiveness of their setup. Generally much more interested in lore and game knowledge.

The entire TLP concept is designed to attract casual players back into the game. A hardcore TLP is pretty much an oxymoron
    Treage_Imminent likes this.
  10. jeskola pheerie

I think he means either permadeath or pvp (or both?)
    HekkHekkHekk likes this.
  11. Vulken9 Journeyman

Agreed. IMO, casuals want to tour the prior expansions in era, but without the overly tedious timesink of xp/aa's. They don't want to have to login every day for significant hours to keep up which is what happens when you have fast unlocks.

Perfect "casual" server in my mind is Selo with nominal 3 month unlocks. That will never happen since I don't think it would be a very big krono driver for dbg.
    Fenthen likes this.
  12. code-zero Augur

The maximum Krono driver will be whatever keeps the most butts in the seat and eyes on the screen over the longest lifetime for the server
  13. Arclyte Augur

death deletes your char & krono, uninstalls EQ, your credit score goes down 100 points and DBG puts a hardware ban on your motherboard
    Fenthen, PatCleric, Yonson and 2 others like this.
  14. Truetotheblue Augur

Don't forget it fries your CPU and deletes your bank account also.
    PatCleric and Siah like this.
  15. Blerb New Member

No one that plays EQ is casual then. Surely we don't play for the graphics :D
  16. Numiko Augur

Maybe OP is a Scooter fan...

17. code-zero Augur

Hehe, as far as I'm concerned the original graphics can die in a tire fire but I've heard and seen way to many people who absolutely insist on those abominations
    Skuz and Fenthen like this.
  18. Arclyte Augur

the luclin models are fine, it's the god awful animations that prevent me from using them

if there was a way to use luclin models with classic animations I would do it
  19. coltongrundy Augur

Please don't ever ask for a "hardcore" tlp. State exactly what you want on the server instead. Everyone has their own idea of what "hardcore" means so it's a useless descriptor. Darkpaw's idea of "hardcore" is just a phinny clone with reduced exp rate. I don't think that's what you're asking for, but you didn't say what you mean so who knows?
    Fenthen likes this.
  20. Ponter Elder

Meanwhile, I would love another Phinny...