@devs Please adjust the availability of RC/RGC on Random Loot

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Stormblossom, Oct 24, 2021.

1. Stormblossom Elder

Copies of Remove Curse and Remove Greater Curse are far too unreliable to get on a two month timeline with current mechanics. Please consider at least adding the Great Saprophyte's drops to the rare table.
  2. Xanadas Augur

The more I hear about "random loot" servers, the more 1) I don't want to play on them and 2) Doesn't seem random at all lol.
  3. Captain Video Augur

He's not a rare creature so his loot isn't randomized. He respawns every 2-3 hours anyway, so if you don't get the spell drop the first time, just wait and kill him again. This has never been a bottleneck. If, for whatever reason, you can't do this in two months, the spell will be on a vendor when PoP unlocks, for the outrageous price of 22pp. Remove Greater Curse is more expensive, maybe 80-100pp.
  4. Elite_raider Augur

On non random servers in 6 kills of Rhag cycle you normally end up with 2 to 4 RGC spells on average. On Mischief so fare after 6 kills (plus other stuff that is on the same loot table), 0 RGC, for a critical spell like this for the expansion, it needs to be more common then it is atm....
  5. ViciousEQ Elder

You need to kill other bosses. There used to only be two bosses that could drop RGC, now there are 22 that can drop it. Kill more mobs.
  6. Iyacc Augur

I haven't seen confirmation of this elsewhere but I'm assuming you're confirming it as true and not just assumed based on the tiered loot. I say this because we've done a couple dozen of these other mobs on the same tiers and not seen any yet. That could just be RNGesus not liking us but I wasn't sure since noone had posted where they were finding. I was assuming that if it was randomized we would have seen more in the bazaar by now.
  7. Scornn Elder

RGC drops off of 2 mobs normally, Rhag 1 and 2. It should now be spread across the same tier of mobs provided you hit their loot table on RNG.

RC if you really want it, only comes from 1 mob that is not flagged as rare.
  8. Elite_raider Augur

We know, that is why I said: (plus other stuff that is on the same loot table),
  9. YourJobNotYourLife Elder

2-4 RGC for six rhag cycles is high.
    Loki4567 and bardybard like this.
  10. Faydark New Member

I just wanted to clarify that he only has a chance to spawn every 2-3 hours - he can skip spawning. Additionally, members of my guild have killed him numerous times now and not got Spell: Remove Curse.

We had multiple people sitting at his camp continuously for around 5 hours one afternoon/evening, getting only 2 spawns (one at the start, one at the end), and no spell drop.

Additionally, due to random loot, we haven't see any RGC either, even though we have killed a fair few targets on the same tier (assuming Bobbies tier list is accurate).
  11. Captain Video Augur

Two Saphrophyte spawns in five hours is average. Two spawns with no spell drop is RNG. It takes a bit more patience than that. For those with less patience, the spell will be on a vendor in less than two months.

I dunno about RGC, I play Ranger mains on the TLP side and so don't do that. If there is an issue with the accuracy of the tier list, I would bug report it. However, it doesn't sound like there's enough evidence yet one way or the other.
  12. Loki4567 Lorekeeper

I'd suggest doing some deep splits of mobs on the same tier. You can kill Insanity Crawler and Va'dyn with a group or less. (IC can be done with 4 people. He's easy to slow, and then the tank can heal themselves with a potion, or be kept up indefinitely with torpor and nothing else). Va'dyn is single groupable, you'll just be there a while. He's also easy to slow.

Katta and Servitor are doable with about the same numbers. Rhag 1 is 1 groupable, and Rhag 2 is easy with 1-2 groups. IV is doable with two groups, or 8-9 people if you know what you're doing.

Rumblecrush, Doomshade, and Zelniak are also on the same loot table. If your guild has the ability to put together 4ish groups of people, just that list gives over a dozen chances at a hit on RGC. Additionally, in Luclin, it appears that each mob has about 2-4 chances to roll loot. You could come up dry, as RGC is a rare spell even normally, or you could get a pair of RGC's dropping off of the insanity crawler. There also aren't any guilds really fighting over these low tier mobs in the open world; so if you move quickly you can bag some of them and improve your chances further.

Never saw bobby's list, just going on what I've seen drop. THO is also on that same loot tier, but he can be a pita; particularly if you're splitting.

This strategy has the added benefit of showering you with flowing thought gear. Yes, a lot of it is pretty crappy, but a cleric with a much smaller mana pool and FT15 is going to be more capable than a cleric with a larger mana pool at FT 0-5.
  13. Elite_raider Augur

It seem's like they got the point with the new buckets that if you win the lotto every time it stops being "fun", that said though, big buckets only work well if you get a certain amount of rolls, you will still get mostly crap drops, but also some great drops. But with to few loot table rolls you can end up spending an evening just getting crap. 2 to 4 loot table rolles is not having that: a wow, this is amazing feel, as the bigger number of loot table rolles in previous expansions had, even if you got 5 crap rolles on one mob, there was a high chance of getting at least one good roll on the next mob.

Now we are getting mostly around 2 loot table rolls, spending an evening killing 11 targets and getting just 1 to 2 loot table of items worth using dkp on and the rest crap, is kind of meh.....

We've killed to few mobs to say anything about the current size of the buckets, but I can say with the current buckets, the number of loot table rolles seem to be a bit low.
  14. tollo New Member

Not getting dozens of BIS items per raid - game unplayable
  15. Stormblossom Elder

Thank you for the advice about deep splitting, it is a perfect example of why my feedback is correct. Progression is blocked without playing in extreme ways.
    Elite_raider likes this.
  16. Elite_raider Augur

Totally ignoring the number of nameds mentioned in the post so you can post a snide remark, well played. I am sorry I don't know you in rl.....
  17. YourJobNotYourLife Elder

You can kill rhag1 and rhag2 with one group each. You can even trio them if you're really feeling bored.
  18. Indigo_Quarmite Augur

With random loot there is no reason in 2 weeks to not have killed at least 20 mobs on this cycle and have 5 or 6 copies in your guild. Lcea Katta, rhag 1 and 2 alone can be done with 1 group in era.

Sounds like you aren't aggressively pursuing these spells and not splitting raids.
  19. jeskola pheerie

Splitting raids should never be considered the norm/required.
  20. Machen New Member

When several of the mobs that drop your thing are easily one groupable, it seems pretty silly to take a full raid to kill them and then complain you aren't getting enough of your thing.