Please substantially change the next TLP

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Kalandriel, Apr 21, 2021.

1. Zinth Augur

2. Machen New Member

This may be the single worst idea that I've ever heard for a new TLP. Guild management would be horrendous. If you aren't ready to full split in week 3, you have to sit some of your 72 raiders? Forcing every guild to split raid the last six weeks of every expansion just to keep their raiders active?

No thanks.
    Appren likes this.
  3. FrodeEQ Journeyman

How about given the existing hot TLP's a chance to go beyond PoP with a healthy population and remaining the place to be. The nobody would be discouraged to start on an established server with a fresh character because everyone in same position would be doing that.

I personally think there is a large potions of the TLP audience that are kind of fed up with the Classic to PoP routine, but when returning or that ALT is itching, the TLP yearly cycle makes it a catch-22 on the below max leveling scene.
    Appren likes this.
  4. Nolrog Augur

I didn't agree to that.
  5. Zinth Augur

because we just finished on phinny and want a new one and not a dofus "omg we hates boxes and ya can only box 2" Karendune in PoP era missing out all the old stuff?
  6. Nolrog Augur

So basically you want them to completely revamp pretty much everything that has ever been done while also eliminating one of the major things that people look forward to, not to mention that raids generally tell the story of the expansion. This is probably the most unrealistic, unworkable, detrimental to the game suggestion that I have ever seen (yes, detrimental to the game, because in order to do this, you won't see a live expansion for probably 3 years.)
  7. Nolrog Augur

Every TLP that I have ever played on has a healthy population well past PoP. Phinigel had 9 guilds that completed TSS, we had 4 guilds that completed Rain of Fear.

If you think there isn't a healthy population beyond PoP then you have no idea what you are talking about.
    Skuz likes this.
  8. Moranis Augur

Thank you for your input, despite the clear hyperbole.
  9. Moranis Augur

Easy chief - the dates/limits aren't set in stone...just a concept. Throwing 72 people at every raid is boring AF...let's add some spice!

Maybe instead of hard-capping the raid at different weeks into an expac, they could put in a MoTM style "debuff" that is based on how far into the expac you are and how many raiders you have. So, if its the first week, no penalty for 72...but in week 8, maybe you get a debuff that reduces [everything] by 0.5% per person over 48 or something.

#makeEQchallenging
  10. FrodeEQ Journeyman

Subject to discussion based on what one's definition of a healthy population is and what play time. Like with a lot of things in life, healthy, rich, poor is subjective and not all to do with not knowing what one is talking about thank you.

For example the "new" TLP in town always proved to be the best all-around regardless of timezone experience. You can have a blast in US prime time with your 9 guilds, but someone else's mileage may vary.

I'd like to think I'm entitled to measure and express my own playing experience having been on a lot of TLP's, and so far I have yet to see a similar experience well beyond PoP than on the flavor of the year TLP, sadly. Never said playing there is impossible or ghost town, I just have a different definition of healthy and am an advocate against these everlasting cycles of new TLP conjure ups.
  11. FrodeEQ Journeyman

Hey if you think a TLP each year and spreading the EQ TLP audience is a good thing, good for you. I disagree. But given that new TLP's always get a lot players; I guess the customers have voted. Along with the krono farmer's ideal gold rush era, and Daybreak's financial benefit for new bags, mounts, etc.

I just plead for servers how it was back in the old days; with al large end game audience AND a very steady flow of new and alt leveling. The fact that this largely does not exist on a well established TLP has it's roots in the annual TLP launches imo.

And yes, people want that classic experience, but I also estimate a large portion of the TLP audience have seen and done that. But what can ya do if you return from a four month break with an itch to play class X, you're looking for a new TLP because lvl 1 to 6x is largely a ghost town on most established TLPs.
  12. Zinth Augur

then go to one of the servers with mostly maxed out people? FV and AB are both plenty crowded for you at end game, go enjoy it
  13. Irongron New Member

How about NOT making anymore TLP servers and focus on real current content thats worth playing. COV has nothing to do but raids. Your current content quite frankly is horrible and not original and please stop with the copy/paste of old content.
  14. Faydra Augur

Makes too much money, not an option.
    Poppinfresh and Skuz like this.
  15. FrodeEQ Journeyman

That's my whole point, if we did not see an annual TLP to be next hot thing in town, established TLP servers would have a much better low leveling experience given 1. new players 2. new alts 3. returning players willing to play class X this time and not be discouraged by the usual presumption they'll be alone until endgame. That's my take on it anyway.

Your last sentence is illustrating you don't seem to get it, this is not about crowded at end game at all. It's about the everlasting new spawns of TLP servers, and why people move towards it. For a large part (aside from of the obvious reasons to consciously do) my opinion is due to due lower level attrition on established TLP servers.
  16. Waring_McMarrin Augur

If people want to raid with smaller numbers they are free to split raid at any time and they are actually better off to do that as soon as they can. Forcing people to split raid when they don't want to doesn't make it any more challenging it just makes managing the raid force more annoying.

Forcing raids to split up just helps the gear up faster which is why guilds already do that.
  17. FrodeEQ Journeyman

Yep, I love splits, taking content on with fewer numbers as long as it's a choice, and I like being in guilds that struggle with raid content. Makes it a lot more interesting, makes you feel you contribute a lot more over those steamroll sessions. Because through the lines I agree with one sentiment here; we are all quite godly compared to the actual era back then. This most often works (quality of life, more modern) but has also drawbacks.
  18. Rcbauer Augur

Why? it's a horrible weapon.
  19. Rcbauer Augur

I didnt say anything about unlocking a race. Race change vah shir in SoL.
    The npcs are there in the classic/kunark world. Just use them.
  20. Darchon_Xegony Augur

I want them to revamp a handful of raid encounters in the first few expansions. That is a very small portion of the game not “everything that has ever been done”. Also why does it eliminate what people look forward to? You’re still trying to kill dragons for loot, they just happen to have different abilities. Their abilities in no way impacts the “story” of the game. Adding in a few emotes/add waves/AEs is not something that would remove live expansions for 3 years either.

This seems to be a very hyperbolic response.