Aradune Overboxing Not Enforced

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Rhythar, Feb 27, 2021.

1. KrakenReality Augur

It's probably Absor behind the bot armies. He used to like to mess with people on some old class boards.
  2. Lejaun Augur

Why would Darkpaw run bots? LOL. If they wanted to sell loot, they could just magically create it without needing to farm it.
  3. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Like Trakanon used to be /nod

The first time I saw a player box a 54 was there.
  4. yerm Augur

Maybe they allow the bots because they assume the massive number of people who pay for their loot wouldn't have an enjoyable game experience without the economy those bots create. Still a more likely theory than GMs who can create items have to box in SG.
  5. Dmitry Elder

Darkpaw doesn't talk about who they ban because they do such a crap job of banning.
  6. Kreadon New Member

they only enforce it if you are legit playing on two separate computers because they dont know the difference between VM software and an antivirus VPN
    • Request #946725
      Account assosiated with this email has been suspended for cheating
      • Greyman348
        Yesterday at 18:49

my account has been suspended twice for cheating. after the first incident since i know i had definatley not been cheating i thought it may have had something to do with software i use for my second job so i removed it from my computer and starting playing that account on my laptop which has essentially nothing on it with the exception of bloatware from the manufacturer but my account gets suspended for a second time. i have 2 paid accounts which i use. i was under the impression that i could use both accounts at the same time as long as i did not use the same computer for both. if this is wrong please advise.
        thanks you for your time
      • Emwon
        Today at 17:30

Greetings,

After reviewing your case it appears the account in question was suspended for 14 days for circumventing True Box detection. Are you using any type of VPN service?
        Lead GM Emwon
        Customer Service Lead
        Daybreak Games
      • Greyman348
        Today at 17:33

yes it is part of my Avast antivirus package
      • Emwon
        Today at 18:22

I'm afraid that running EQ through a VM is not permitted, and doing any of the following on ANY server may result in action being taken against your Daybreak Account:
        • Unattended Gameplay: Any method that lets a character take actions while you're not at your keyboard.
        • Playing on virtual machines.
        • Any attempt to circumvent the /pickzone timer.

Please refrain from continuing this behavior when the suspension has lifted to avoid further account action.

Lead GM Emwon
        Customer Service Lead
        Daybreak Games
      • Greyman348
        Today at 20:25

i am not running a virtual machine, i do not have any VM software on either computer. i have a vpn as part of my AV software that only encrypts data. i am playing on 2 separate computers.
      • Greyman348
        Today at 20:44

In computing, a virtual machine is the virtualization/emulation of a computer system. Virtual machines are based on computer architectures and provide functionality of a physical computer. Their implementations may involve specialized hardware, software, or a combination. Wikipedia
        A virtual private network provides privacy, anonymity and security to users by creating a private network connection across a public network connection. VPNs can be used in combination with proxy servers, and overlay networks. Wikipedia
  7. TLP Addict Augur

[IMG]

No not really, these people cheat and automate and are possibly to some extent tolerated by DPG.

But running them? You're straight up nuts.
  8. KrakenReality Augur

Eh not beyond belief that someone in CS would be working a side-gig. There's past precedence in EQ with shady GMs and other games, too. Those people get paid bottom of the barrel wages.

More likely though is someone used to work there and has some connections to some people that are still there. It's some solid extra income, though.
  9. Rhythar Augur

This morning I saw an 18-boxer selling PLs so I went trying to get a screenshot, and instead I found:
    - an 8-boxer in The Deep that I reported 2 months ago
    - another 8-boxer in The Deep that I also reported 2 months ago
    - a 6-boxer in Chardok that I reported 2 months ago
    - a 4-boxer in Old Sebilis that I think is really an 18-boxer that I reported... 2 months ago

And of course the three 60-boxing guilds are still operational (2 of them still in Siren's Grotto).
  10. Lejaun Augur

11. Stymie Pendragon

I think the explanation is pretty simple when you consider their tolerance for all of the cheating. They make revenue from it. It also explains why Dreamweaver hasn't posted anything about the blatant abuse for years now.

Oh, he'll swoop in to moderate on anything other than this issue though. We could have the front page full of these complaints, similar to now and years past, without so much as a word typed, but he laser focuses on something else.

They only consider small fish at this point from my observations.
  12. Stix Man Elder

135 characters in sirens grotto across 7 picks on Aradune.

Nothing to see here...

You all enjoying that lag tonight?
  13. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

14. Stix Man Elder

The assumption on previous servers was that he has sued the company in the past and they are too scared to punish him because of the legal fees involved if he goes after them again.

The thought of these people having some legal action prepared to take against this company is the best one I've heard. With Aradune's 2 box rule, I would love to see 1 guy bring up a lawsuit with his 50 "friends" saying EQ won't let him and his friends play how they want to play.
  15. Machen New Member

Source? If this is "the assumption on previous servers" it should be easy enough to document.
  16. Stix Man Elder

one of the joke/not joke reasons people came up with as to how they can cheat so blatantly and not get punished.

Assumption:
    "a thing that is accepted as true or as certain to happen, without proof."
  17. Rhythar Augur

There's over 20 characters controlled by one player in the Nexus right now. All of them have been to the Plane of Knowledge.
  18. Gnothappening Augur

Aradune?
  19. Accipiter Old Timer

Ridiculous.
  20. nagash101 Augur

Why would anyone box six druids?