How is crashing into queues better than slow chat?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Trance, Jun 12, 2020.

1. Malachi Augur

Giving perspective to mad ravings will (albeit in time) help this poster realize how issues can actually be addressed. Intentionally helping.

The real issues are already painfully known at this point. DPG knows how much they've restricted access to the server. They know what times are primetimes for logging into their game. And posters SHOULD let them know how unhappy this makes them.
    The only thing left to do now is clutter the issue up with very very bad hyperbolic rhetoric or respond in a manner as if you wanted a dev team to read your post.

Option C is also to vent to your hearts content which I already said was super viable. One shouldn't be surprised if they get called out for some pretty bad logic is all.

*edited to make clear my position
  2. Morbys New Member

First and foremost, Mr. Bean's actor, is actually immensely intelligent, so don't insult him. Second, the ques suck, but I would rather wait 2hours, for a smooth experience when I finally get in. Without the ques, there was a 30s-1min delay in tells, zoning was a toss up where you either waited 10min, or you would just crash after 10min+ and you didnt really know if you zoned or not. At some points, you couldn't leave an area b/c the zoning was so bad, you might as well just invite someone who could actually make it into the zone.
  3. Lejaun Augur

I'm just curious why there is not a second server yet. No, Rizlona doesn't count. It has a different ruleset.

As many have suggested before me, make Aradune 2 server. If population has settled down when Kunark releases, merge them. If it is still high population on both servers, then re-evaluate when Velious is released. Keep doing that until the population is low enough that a merge is needed to keep the population high.

Everyone gets to log in quickly, the lag is mostly gone, etc.

The solution right now is not making many happy. Either there is no queue and people have terrible chat and zone times, or there is a queue and people spend hours trying to get online.
  4. Tweakfour17 Augur

Money.

If they thought there would be a return on investment, they would do it. This tells me that however many people are in the queue is such a small fraction of the total population of Aradune that it is not worth their time/money to open a second server.
  5. Dyzalot Augur

Strange. I didn't get logged in until after 6:30 EST. Had a power outage 2 hours later so had to sit through another queue and still managed to score three pieces of Hate armor and the spear for my rogue last night.
  6. Dyzalot Augur

How do you plan around ten minute zone times? Tell the group that wants you that you'll be there in an hour? At least with the queue I can do other things and I get alerted by the log in music as soon as I start getting logged in.
  7. Kahna Augur

I don't crash, didn't even when there were no queues, not unless the login server was going down when I decided to zone. I still preferred the no queues to the current 3 hour queues. My PST friends all had to download remote desktop apps so they could even get in to play for a reasonable amount of time, and even then half our scheduled play session was eaten up by the queue. Slow zone times and slow chat, even when it caused crashes were better than 3 hour queues. At least you could get right back in when you crashed.
  8. Ruiner Elder

You can make plans with your friends that you will meet in a zone for a good chunk of time and not leave that area, thus avoiding zone times.The alternative is you try to meet up with your friends and then one of your friends client crashes and now instead of being out of action for 10 minutes you're dead in the water for hours. It's happened to me and my friends the past 3 days in a row. We want to level up alts together and level at the same pace but one of us eventually crashes and then it's just a wash for the night.
  9. Xeris Augur

Problem is not everyone is dealing with the crashing issue. Ya the que sucks for people who are also crashing... But for people who don't crash, you'll probably find they like the ques because at least the game works properly when they get in
  10. Trance Lorekeeper

It entirely is not. One of them you can play the game, one of them it is literally not playable.

You don't know what the word literally means I suppose.
  11. Trance Lorekeeper

I didn't, weird thing to get all huffy about. His name is Rowan Atkinson and he's an actual genius in real life. I feel like I shouldn't have to tell you this, but you know actors play fictional characters.

Lol smooth HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Yeah you're right, slow messaging and zoning for 10 minutes or maybe having to relog after a crash is WAY worse than being entirely unable to play for 3 hours, having the SAME EXACT CRASH, and then getting a second three hour queue.
    Fewmaster likes this.
  12. brickz Augur

no matter how many times you angrily post, most people aren't crashing often or at all
  13. jmsgalla Journeyman

Scenario B included a lot of client crashes, server not responding issues, as well as the problems you mentioned. Everyone was affected. Here only a subset of folks are affected by the queue, myself included.
  14. Malachi Augur

To be fair to him, we don't exactly know the fraction between people crashing often now with a queue vs. people who are not.

I could say its more likely people are experiencing less or no crashes, but that would be conjecture based solely on my own in game experiences with people around me.
  15. Healiez Augur

Ill take waiting in a queue to server lag, instability, and horrific zone times.

This is as a west coast player.
  16. Bardsong29 New Member

You all paid up front for your $40 pay-to-win bags. Why would Daybreak invest money now hoping for a profit when they already have your annual EQ budget in their pockets?

If they open up a new server will you all buy new bags? I don't think so. Neither does Daybreak.
  17. dirgenoobforreal New Member

They should have open up two truebox servers and then merge them once the TLP server dies down as per usual. As for name conflicts at that time, first come first serve.

I dont know why the big brains at Darkpark games cant figure this stuff out. They had 20 years of practice by now.
  18. Malachi Augur

To be fair, Darkpaw games is a fairly new entity (and I assume very new personnel because who would work for dbg for too long?). and Daybreak Games has changed ALOT. So has technology. The people there now are not at all familiar with running this game.
  19. Dyzalot Augur

I don't have a static group. I rely on pugs. You can do the same thing with the queues with your friends.
  20. Kahna Augur

It's a lot easier to work around 3 minute zone time (I never had more than a 3 min zone, even in the worst of it.) than it is to plan around a 3 hour queue.